The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dickyknees

Guru
The lamb....orghini is just out of shot.

PaulSB

Squire
WOW! What a stunning climb and beautiful circular route to get there and back. The views while climbing this fell are magnificent looking down in to a sunlit valley which is a long way below with the Lake District in the mid-distance. At the top rewarded by a panorama across the Lakes, Eden Valley and the Pennines.

There's a really good and very expensive shop selling handmade chocolates at the end. 🤔😀Mrs P will be happy.

Me and my buddy.

classic33

Leg End Member
WOW! What a stunning climb and beautiful circular route to get there and back. The views while climbing this fell are magnificent looking down in to a sunlit valley which is a long way below with the Lake District in the mid-distance. At the top rewarded by a panorama across the Lakes, Eden Valley and the Pennines.

There's a really good and very expensive shop selling handmade chocolates at the end. 🤔😀Mrs P will be happy.

Me and my buddy.
View attachment 544417
You're behind the times. Golf balls are so last century, we've moved onto pyramids over this side.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
WOW! What a stunning climb and beautiful circular route to get there and back.
It's on my 'to do' list.

I fancy doing it as a forum ride but it is a bit out of range from here, being nearly 110 km to the foot of the climb 'as the crow flies'. If I do it, I'll ride up to the area a couple of days in advance and stop up there for a mini-break, then ride home again a few days later.

You clearly avoided any problems with kamikaze sheep on the descent! :okay:

PaulSB

Squire
Hmm, it is about the same distance from Chorley! @PaulSB - did you do a loop from home (in which case - kudos!) or did you start from somewhere closer?
It's 63 miles by motorway from my house!!! A couple of days ago I asked RWGPS to plot a route - 93 miles - so No! it wasn't a round trip from home. :laugh: That would be +/- 200 miles. :eek:

We drove to Orton, parked up and did the ride. A nice circular route of 57 miles, 5315 feet at 13.1avg.

Top Bottom