The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
Why do you lot get up so early? Have you not realised yet that you are not governed by the clock any more? Anytime before 8 o'clock is night time for me, especially in cold mornings.

I would love to sleep later. Trouble is by 10.00pm I'm falling asleep in the chair. If I sleep for 7 hours it's 5.00am. After my illness I slept longer but about six weeks ago my body suddenly reverted to its old habits!

classic33

Leg End Member
I find I'm awake by 5-6 am having gone to bed about 11 pm, by 7 am I'm getting bored and I'm Hungary so I get up.
Monza, Italy not Hungary!

Goldy

Aquarium redone letting it settle before putting the fish back in IMG_20190908_135434.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Big group out today so we had to switch cafes. We went to The Barn in Scorton. My advice would be don't go. The most expensive cycling cafe I've been in - beans on toast, two poached eggs, coffee and flapjack for a staggering £10.45!!! :eek:......... and not many beans and they were luke warm. Not happy.

However average of 18.5 to cafe and still able to speak. Total of 70 miles at 17.2 so a good do all round.

Fresh and sunny and no wind. Ideal.

This afternoon I shall chop kindling and clean my bike.

That's definitely a bit on the steep side. :sad:

SpokeyDokey

Finally got to bed at 6am as Lovely Wife decided we were "going for it" at about midnight so we had a bit of a party for two.

Got up at 11.30am to a bright sunny day and dragged myself out on a sloooow 15 miler to take advantage of the clement weather.

Completely goosed now and we are both going to doss with our Kindles and G&T's in front of our lovely fire.

SpokeyDokey

I will possibly pay that much.
But
Only for a special wedding anniversary :rolleyes:

You big spending romantic.... :smile:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Finally got to bed at 6am as Lovely Wife decided we were "going for it" at about midnight so we had a bit of a party for two.

Got up at 11.30am to a bright sunny day and dragged myself out on a sloooow 15 miler to take advantage of the clement weather.

Completely goosed now and we are both going to doss with our Kindles and G&T's in front of our lovely fire.
This is bordering on too much information.
Dont forget we are all oldies so understand your innuendos.....
"Going for it at midnight"
"Going to doss with your kindles"
"Getting goosed"
There are young ladies like Mo and Welshie reading this stuff :blush:

Drago

Legendary Member
Have you sold the Smart yet?

Not yet. Soon. Just waiting on an exact date from my Dad. His car has already gone and he's scooting in the XC90 himself in the meantime. Expected delivery date for his is early October, and once that's firmed up I'll slap the Smart up for sale. I'd do a deal for anyone on CC that wanted it, although Welshie would only want it so she could smell the seat.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Not yet. Soon. Just waiting on an exact date from my Dad. His car has already gone and he's scooting in the XC90 himself in the meantime. Expected delivery date for his is early October, and once that's firmed up I'll slap the Smart up for sale. I'd do a deal for anyone on CC that wanted it, although Welshie would only want it so she could smell the seat.

You wish.

Top Bottom