The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
On the Helmet question, I don't normally wear one. I got one of these from Planet X for £15 for when I did the Prudential ride, does the job nicely :okay:

HECACROIX-GWH_P1.jpg

Good news about your licence Paul :okay:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I doubt normally wear one either but on the rare occassions that I do, this is mine. Cheap and cheerful. Cost me around £30

20190903_190656.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
I doubt normally wear one either but on the rare occassions that I do, this is mine. Cheap and cheerful. Cost me around £30

View attachment 483357
In my LBS earlier, hoping to get replacement foam pads for my helmet. The guy said pretty much what I expected him to "you know you should replace helmets every 3 years". He said the ozone breaks the poly down.
So these experts tell us dont dump poly, it takes nillions of years to break down but your helmet will only last 3 years:rolleyes:
I think from @PaulB comments he changes his that often. And as I said, per mileage he does its good value.
Mine is 2013
Whats yours?, I think, circa 1983 ^_^.
I do think those reports maybe ever so slighlty biased.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
In my LBS earlier, hoping to get replacement foam pads for my helmet. The guy said pretty much what I expected him to "you know you should replace helmets every 3 years". He said the ozone breaks the poly down.
So these experts tell us dont dump poly, it takes nillions of years to break down but your helmet will only last 3 years:rolleyes:
I think from @PaulB comments he changes his that often. And as I said, per mileage he does its good value.
Mine is 2013
Whats yours?, I think, circa 1983 ^_^.
I do think those reports maybe ever so slighlty biased.

Cheeky thing. Actually mine is only 2 years old so there.

Drago

Legendary Member

View attachment 483357

They have strange looking contraceptive diaphragms in Wales.

classic33

Leg End Member
Been dragged to B&Q by Mrs D. There was a burglary further along the street last night. I think I may have seen the culprits. Just coming back in at 2148 (I take n.mental note of these details) i saw three lads walking down the street and my Sheetbag-O-meter went off the scale. I gave them my best 6'4" 260lb skinhead "don't even think it" stare and they scurried on by. A neighbour disturbed them at it and they scarpered, but from the description it was the 3 I saw.

So Mrs D has bought a CCTV system and muggins here gets to fit it. I always thought my "trespassers will be shot" sign would do the trick myself.
Might have worked better.
81MBwXKb7EL._SY450_.jpg

Top Bottom