The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
How long for though?

Not very. It has now disappeared never to be seen again I suspect. ^_^ rain is forecast to start at 11 am and due to stop next April for 5 minutes :laugh:

PaulSB

Squire
In our club it's where non committee members get together and bitch about the committee whilst grumbling the kit isn't in the correct sizes, and then state they're too busy to be on the committee.

Oh yes!!!! This happens about once a month on a Sunday in a cafe in mine. Always the same folk. My opinion is well known - join the committee find a better supplier and get on with it!! People completely fail to understand what is involved in creating a range of clothing.

In January we "launched" our updated design based on members comments at the previous AGM. It took me eight months to get in place and five separate proofings of the entire range.

After that we still had to have a public vote to approve it all.

I could cry........

Lee_M

Guru
Oh yes!!!! This happens about once a month on a Sunday in a cafe in mine. Always the same folk. My opinion is well known - join the committee find a better supplier and get on with it!! People completely fail to understand what is involved in creating a range of clothing.

In January we "launched" our updated design based on members comments at the previous AGM. It took me eight months to get in place and five separate proofings of the entire range.

After that we still had to have a public vote to approve it all.

I could cry........

Against my better judgement the club has decided to have a new design too.

I am already dreading the arguments, we have enough issues already to the point I've made it known I won't be standing for re-election as have most of the committee.

Drago

Legendary Member
Dinner is looking good.

cow-d4y1.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I've never had a problem with mine. :whistle:[/QUOTE

Allegedly although there have been nasty and vicious rumours spread by God knows who.:laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Like many clubs we have our own club design and colours. Every clothing item a cyclist could need is covered except helmets.

The supplier, Tactic, comes mid January (late April delivery) and late August (early November delivery). The full range in all sizes is available for members to try on and discuss with the supplier. People note their size, go home to order and pay online.

Six weeks later I receive the kit, individually packaged, and drop it in to our LBS for members to collect. This works superbly well.

This year our supplier has added Limar helmets to the offer. Members order online direct from Limar and receive a 20-40% discount. For me this means I can buy the helmet I've wanted for 12 months but couldn't afford till last night.

Limar service is untested as this is new. The helmets are available in club colours but I'm not comfortable with the way this is done so I refused the offer. Members trust what I have to say on kit and I don't want to jeopardize that trust.
A serious question......
I am in the market for a new helmet so just googled that Limar brand. They do look nice but are serious money.
The question is.......what will they give you for £230 that a £50 one wont give you?
I did look at some £100ish ones that have mesh inside as against the normal velcro foam pads. They were nice but I couldnt see £100+.

Top Bottom