The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
The kids however never seem to completely bugger off.

Daaaaaad...........could you just...........

.........fill in the blank

screenman

Legendary Member
The kids however never seem to completely bugger off.

How right you are, luckily for us the grandson is now of an age where he can be left at home alone, otherwise we would be having him here whilst his mum and day go and ride The Yorkshire Sportive.

Becuase of the spread of ages with our kids we had at least one of them enjoying our hospitality for 43 years, from when I was 18 right up to 61 years old.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

I got back in about two o clock, bearing more than a passing resemblance to a drowned rat, got showered and changed, came down stairs and the sun was out. My usual Thursday loop with a stop at Hatton, 56 miles, the ride out done in cold but bright conditions mostly into a stiff breeze, on the way back it was spitting when we left the cafe, the rain got a bit heavier as I pedalled through Lowsenford and I had to stop and put my rain cape on, by the time I was climbing into Balsall Common the rain was getting heavy and it continued like that all the way into Coventry and home.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Lets hope you don't lose your passport like a certain someone else (not mentioning any names) of course.^_^
Hey you.....I was just building up the courage to ask you to marry me** but that has deeply upset me.
**providing Mrs D will let me have all our money and Mr WD will let you have the 10 acres PLUS all the money.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Squire
Hard to believe. We have two cars on the same policy, renewal is May 15th. Insurers wrote asking me to ring as they couldn't automatically generate a quote. This is because my licence is revoked following illness.

Phoned and I can't have cover as I don't have a licence. So now Mrs P has two cars insured in her name. The cost has gone up because only one person is covered. Why? The agent said it's because if we are both on the policy it's likely we will be in the car together and two pairs of eyes are better than one!!!

I got no reply when I pointed out the risk reduces by 50% as we can only drive one car at a time. :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hard to believe. We have two cars on the same policy, renewal is May 15th. Insurers wrote asking me to ring as they couldn't automatically generate a quote. This is because my licence is revoked following illness.

Phoned and I can't have cover as I don't have a licence. So now Mrs P has two cars insured in her name. The cost has gone up because only one person is covered. Why? The agent said it's because if we are both on the policy it's likely we will be in the car together and two pairs of eyes are better than one!!!

I got no reply when I pointed out the risk reduces by 50% as we can only drive one car at a time. :laugh:
They are all a load of money grabbing sh*ts.
Mine went up 50% this year so I phoned them up. Reply was, sorry thats our best offer :blush:.
I went online and got it for LESS than last years.

Top Bottom