The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 461697

The Eagle has landed 2 miles from Minions on Bodmin Moor.
Weather looking very good for next week.
Just been to the Cheese Wring pub for ham, egg & chips and a pint of Sea Fury.
Perfect! ^_^
I see where you're going wrong.

classic33

Leg End Member
Listen mush. I am a time traveller of repute so, to borrow a phrase, I can go either way
Anyway,
"TIME is not real – it is a human construct to help us differentiate between now and our perception of the past, an equally astonishing and baffling theory states. The concept of time is simply an illusion made up of human memories, everything that has ever been and ever will be is happening RIGHT NOW."

jongooligan

Legendary Member
We're in a similar state to @Dirk. Wall to wall sunshine in a bucolic situation.
Did a challenging 60 mile ride down to Hawes and plan A worked to perfection. Just finished my 2nd breakfast in Aysgarth when Mrs. jg turned up in the van.
Been for a gentle walk around the local fell with the mutt. Called in at the self service tea room in Burtersett village hall for a brew which was supped on the village green. These village hall tea rooms seem to be coming a feature in the Dales. The one in Keld is outstanding. Anyone else come across anything similar?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Anyway,
"TIME is not real – it is a human construct to help us differentiate between now and our perception of the past, an equally astonishing and baffling theory states. The concept of time is simply an illusion made up of human memories, everything that has ever been and ever will be is happening RIGHT NOW."
Load of b*ll*cks.
Try telling my wife that when I am 2 hours late picking her up (after being in the pub).
Or my old boss if I was 20 minutes late (cos I was hung over).

classic33

Leg End Member
Load of b*ll*cks.
Try telling my wife that when I am 2 hours late picking her up (after being in the pub).
Or my old boss if I was 20 minutes late (cos I was hung over).
Ste in Wakefield?

Top Bottom