The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning people. Been away for a few days to stay with friends in Bristol. 315 posts unread, I don't think I'll be trawling through all those.

Beautiful sunny morning here. While we were away someone felled a large sycamore in the village. I shall be all over that a bit later
I now have a vision of you climbing all over a sycamore tree ^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all .
Sunny but very cold here with a frost everywhere (well, not quite everywhere).
Golf today then off to B&Q for some gardening 'stuff' eg plant food etc.
Edit.....
Car is dead. Electrics completely dead. It started giving problems on Monday and is booked into an auto electrician tomorrow. Green Flag are on their way and will (somehow) get the dead automatic car out of the garage and then to the garage :blush:.
Its a 65 plate with only 5000 miles on it and really should not be doing this.
What is it? Just so I don’t buy one! Lol.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning all .
Sunny but very cold here with a frost everywhere (well, not quite everywhere).
Golf today then off to B&Q for some gardening 'stuff' eg plant food etc.
Edit.....
Car is dead. Electrics completely dead. It started giving problems on Monday and is booked into an auto electrician tomorrow. Green Flag are on their way and will (somehow) get the dead automatic car out of the garage and then to the garage :blush:.
Its a 65 plate with only 5000 miles on it and really should not be doing this.
Bloody cars.

Dave7

Legendary Member
What is it? Just so I don’t buy one! Lol.
Green Flag have just been and told me the battery is totally dead. He put a new one in and bingo!! everyhing is working.
I phoned the auto electrician who told me that with modern cars, if the battery is dying then things will start to fail one by one and then everything goes.
BTW Its an Astra petrol auto.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Shouldn't that be "earlier post"?
Listen mush. I am a time traveller of repute so, to borrow a phrase, I can go either way

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Green Flag have just been and told me the battery is totally dead. He put a new one in and bingo!! everyhing is working.
I phoned the auto electrician who told me that with modern cars, if the battery is dying then things will start to fail one by one and then everything goes.
BTW Its an Astra petrol auto.
Did the green flag man tell you why the battery had died. That seems a bit early for battery problems.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
IMG_20190410_135821940.jpg

The Eagle has landed 2 miles from Minions on Bodmin Moor.
Weather looking very good for next week.
Just been to the Cheese Wring pub for ham, egg & chips and a pint of Sea Fury.
Perfect! ^_^

Top Bottom