The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
You die of discomfort??

Sorry

:laugh: Ha ha

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
image.jpg

60076 at Patchway station this afternoon.

gavgav

Legendary Member
Headed up to Porthmadog, yesterday, with my Dad, as it was his birthday and popped down to see the Ffestiniog railway for a few minutes. Always takes me back to when I was a kid and many a happy ride on there

image.jpg

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
It's a temporary measure until the reversing carriages are commissioned I understand. Running two engines is quicker than moving an engine from one end to the other at Carlisle or Barrow.

I visited the Tyseley open day today, here are a handful of photos of the event. I am not an expert on Steam, others on the forum may know what they are, I think 5593 is a Jubilee class, I have no idea of the tank engine.

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

I was pleased to see progress was being made on the class 40, I met the owner who told me all the main bearings in the engine had been overhauled plus lots of other technical stuff that went over my head.
DSC_0092.JPG

A rather tatty 50033 which looks like its going to need plenty of TLC,money and time spending on it.
DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

classic33

Leg End Member
I visited the Tyseley open day today, here are a handful of photos of the event. I am not an expert on Steam, others on the forum may know what they are, I think 5593 is a Jubilee class, I have no idea of the tank engine.

View attachment 93732

View attachment 93733

I was pleased to see progress was being made on the class 40, I met the owner who told me all the main bearings in the engine had been overhauled plus lots of other technical stuff that went over my head.
View attachment 93734

A rather tatty 50033 which looks like its going to need plenty of TLC,money and time spending on it. View attachment 93735

View attachment 93736

View attachment 93737

View attachment 93738
LMS Jubilee Class 5593 "Kolhapur". Postcard I have, shows it in Green & Black, with BR Numbering 45593
Ex NCB 9600? GWR 0-6-0PT Pannier
L.94 GWR 0-6-0PT Pannier. As 7752 It hauled the last steam train on 'The Met' on 6th June 1971
5043 Castle Class "Earl of Mount Edgcumbe"

Last edited:
Top Bottom