The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I visited the Tyseley open day today, here are a handful of photos of the event. I am not an expert on Steam, others on the forum may know what they are, I think 5593 is a Jubilee class, I have no idea of the tank engine.

View attachment 93732

View attachment 93733

I was pleased to see progress was being made on the class 40, I met the owner who told me all the main bearings in the engine had been overhauled plus lots of other technical stuff that went over my head.
View attachment 93734

A rather tatty 50033 which looks like its going to need plenty of TLC,money and time spending on it. View attachment 93735

View attachment 93736

View attachment 93737

View attachment 93738

Saw numerous enthusiasts on Moor Street and Tyseley this morning. A lot of our Stratfords were making additional calls at Tyseley it all falls into place now

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Can I join this thread? I live in a land of no trains (well, very few) but my Dad's a steam buff and brought me up to be one too. In fact, steam trains and viaducts (oh viaducts!) are two of the things I most miss about the UK.

Dad's currently volunteering at Didcot, rebuilding the 'County of Glamorgan' and he's built a good-sized Gauge 1 track around our garden and has build a couple of trains to go on it!

I visited the Tyseley open day today, here are a handful of photos of the event. I am not an expert on Steam, others on the forum may know what they are, I think 5593 is a Jubilee class, I have no idea of the tank engine.
Nice to see that the H&S folks missed the open pit, & haven't cordoned it off

Can I join this thread? I live in a land of no trains (well, very few) but my Dad's a steam buff and brought me up to be one too. In fact, steam trains and viaducts (oh viaducts!) are two of the things I most miss about the UK.

Dad's currently volunteering at Didcot, rebuilding the 'County of Glamorgan' and he's built a good-sized Gauge 1 track around our garden and has build a couple of trains to go on it!

Garden railway photographs required.
Please!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Saw numerous enthusiasts on Moor Street and Tyseley this morning. A lot of our Stratfords were making additional calls at Tyseley it all falls into place now
The open day is on both the Saturday and Sunday so I guess there will be additional calls today as well.

Here are a few more photos from the open day.

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

I've just got back, from a trip down to RAF Finningley (as I, & I guess, a lot of people still call it), as the Vulcan was flying out on its 'farewll tour' of ex V-Bomber bases
What a noise!!!!

However, on the way back, having noticed the sign on the way in, I detoured into Hexthorpe, to the site of 'the Plant' (& an eponymously named pub)

Like a daft git though, I didn't retrace my wheel-tracks , & thought I'd drive back through Doncaster town centre........fool!
There's a road closed near the Station, so you have to detour round almost to Wheatley, then the 'GNR is closed from Toll-Bar, to RedHouse, hence another detour through Adwick-Le-Street & Skellow

P6281526.JPG P6281527.JPG

Cathryn

Legendary Member
http://www.sfgate.com/travel/fivepl...ces-for-fans-of-steam-locomotives-5212647.php
http://www.railserve.com/events/railfan_excursions.html
http://renotahoe.about.com/od/historyhistoricsites/a/Train-Rides-In-Northern-California.htm
A few things going on, @Cathryn, But sometimes you have to go far afield. Steamtown USA in Scranton, Pennsylvania, has a restored steam locomotive that takes people over the Lackawanna Viaduct, but that's quite a far piece of travel.

Thank you! We've found a surprising amount of steam fun but I appreciate the links!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
View attachment 93914 TTACH]93914[/ATTACH] View attachment 93914
Nice to see that the H&S folks missed the open pit, & haven't cordoned it off

Garden railway photographs required.
Please!

The best I can find. The track, the station master and the trainee.

Attachments

• IMG_7651.JPG
    IMG_7651.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 29

Mr Celine

Discordian
At the back? No, that's the dividing wall from the neighbour's house.

Trains will shortly be returning to my neck of the woods after an absence of 45 years and I'm thinking of becoming a trainspotter. (Not all of this statement is true).
Apparently trainspotters call class 66 locomotives 'sheds'. Your photo appears to be of a model of a class 66. In a garden.

Top Bottom