The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice clips MDB - I'd forgotten the delights of a roarer on Mk1s :smile:

Cheddar George

oober member
300px-Dp2_-_kings_cross_-_1963.jpg
For you class 50 cranks, here is the prototype, DP2 at Kings Cross in 1963. I saw this loco many times on the East Coast main line before it crashed into a soda ash train near Thirsk in 1967. They used the body of the 18th production Deltic which was then modified to allow the building of the different internal engine and generator. It sounded vey much like a class 50 when on the move.

Even when they introduced the first HST's i still preferred the more business like look of a Deltic.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Nice clips MDB - I'd forgotten the delights of a roarer on Mk1s :smile:

Seemingly, there aren't many decent films of the BR ones (not that I have found anyway).

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
So, is anyone thinking about going to see some of the special events on the London Underound this year??

I am seriously considering doing one (or some) of the steam runs as well as various other things such as travelling on the '38 stock, actually SEEING Sarah Siddons running (I've seen her so many times over the years, but never running), and visiting the open day at Neasden Depot.

There are steam runs next weekend I am vaguely thinking about making an impromptu visit to see, but unfortunately, I cant seem to find a list of all the planned events after about August/September. Is there a full list somewhere?
All I've got to work on so far is this.... oh yes and there is an event this weekend too (scroll up the page):

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/events/vehicles-on-the-move#steam

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
A bit late for this one, but..... Howe.

You already asked me that one before, and I remember because, the way I memorised them, I know them all almost as phrases, so I actually have to go 'Rodney Anson Howe' in my head.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
There are 2 that always seem to catch me out though for some bizarre reason, and they are 50016 and 50036. I tend to come to a juddering halt for a second or two whilst I have to think about them. Don't ask me why, I seem to have a sort of mental block with them. And then there are others which seem to have been remembered singly, i.e. outwith the 'phrases' like 50020, 50040 and, strangely, 50041.
Maybe someone can tell me if the fact that they mostly end with the same numbers actually means anything?

Anyway, London Underground 150 events. Anyone going to any?

Top Bottom