The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think some of you here may have been more enthusiastic than I was to be woken at 3am last night by one of these:

Going very slowly and noisily back and forth on the north bound side (although actually travelling south overall) between Walsden and Todmorden. Got up and went to have a look with the binoculars as I clearly wasn't going to get back to sleep for a bit. And I had to get up for an early shift. As well as being noisy it also has some very bright light arrays.

Only a few more weeks to go.

A it quieter
https://railsofsheffield.com/windho...-and-slave-network-rail-31-575-jjja10066.aspx

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Not even rememberinging then?

Oh I am that, but I am not looking any of them up. Also, my post on page 3? I actually had to look at it to see what you were talking about it. No I wrote that post off the top if my head, I have no need to consult it once more. Listen, since you are so sceptical, if we ever meet, I'll run them all off for you on the spot. I can get through them at quite a speed too!

Slightly OT after the ship names...

There is actually an entire MOD department responsible for ship's names.

Names that inspire fear in the enemy like HMS Dreadnought, HMS Terrible, and HMS Revenge.

Somehow a "Flower class" ship like HMS Daisy, HMS Azalea, HMS Bluebell, or HMS Lavender just does not somehow inspire the same fear!

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
So, just to re-cap. Someone (can't remember who?) got banned and had to register a new account to notify the forum admin about the mistake. What happened next?

:laugh:

It was RichK, and his new name to notify admin that he had been banned by mistake was D215 Aquitania, which I, (naturally of course :laugh::blush:) recognised instantly. I asked, and, well, 2 thread moves later, here we are!, I appreciate the beginning of this thread seems a bit odd, but it was just because the original bit at the beginning was cut.

Top Bottom