The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
806.... Cambrian?
I think 807 was Caradoc, and luckily they were (almost all) alphabetical....

EDIT: Correct yet again, BOOYAHH!! :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I still remember the excitement of seeing D806 at Bristol TM (guessing around '69 or '70)...

My wife still doesnt get it when we drive to railway X, & when the train arrives she complains that "it's a diesel" & I say "yes, didn't I say?" She does like DMUs though, if we can get a seat behind the driver.

I like to sit where I can see through into the cab when I get the tram up to NT's house from Piccadilly. Driving one looks easy. I could do that....

<poop!>

classic33

Leg End Member
..... Bloody good point, seeing as there were only 50 of them! :laugh:
So where did 149 come from!

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

Hang on, how do we know you're not Googling them?

The class 50s? Because I'm on Bing.... seriously though, I'm not looking them up, I learned them as a kid. Eagle.

Besides, if you look at some of the ones earlier that Rockaay asked, I gave an answer instantly. You can still see the timing of it, I did it instantly, just ask Rockaay! .... Eagle!.... Exeter, Achilles, Ajax, Swiftsure, Dauntless, Defiance... If ever in doubt, if you ever meet me, ask me to do it.... Eagle!

classic33

Leg End Member
The class 50s? Because I'm on Bing.... seriously though, I'm not, I learned them as a kid. Eagle.

Besides, if you look at some of the ones earlier that Rockaay asked, I gave an answer instantly. I don't know if you can see the timing of it properly now, but trust me on this, I did it instantly, just ask Rockaay! .... Eagle!.... Exeter, Achilles, Ajax, Swiftsure, Dauntless, Defiance... If ever in doubt, if you ever meet me, ask me to do it.... Eagle!
So you're "Binging" not "Googling", by your own admission.

Svendo

Guru
I think some of you here may have been more enthusiastic than I was to be woken at 3am last night by one of these:

Going very slowly and noisily back and forth on the north bound side (although actually travelling south overall) between Walsden and Todmorden. Got up and went to have a look with the binoculars as I clearly wasn't going to get back to sleep for a bit. And I had to get up for an early shift. As well as being noisy it also has some very bright light arrays.

Top Bottom