The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Is that a 'no' then? :giggle:

The sad thing is that the only locomotive I own is an N gauge Mallard, in Garter Blue, with red wheels (it was given to me). I also have a small loop of track and 3 or 4 maroon carriages.

Garter Blue and Maroon coaches? Are you some sort of a FREAK or something?? :whistle:

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Yes, I agree, it would make an interesting change on one of them, but have you HEARD even a fraction of the froth generated by The Flying Moneypit being painted the same?

Personally I find everyone getting into such a tizz over it quite frankly hilarious!

Last time I was at NRM I asked one of the 'explainers' why the Flying Scotsman had been allowed to consume such vast quantities of cash (given that there are plenty of other viable projects). Their response was that many donations had been made on the basis that it would be steamed, and so there was a certain obligation to continue, even though the bills keep piling ever higher.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Which projects would you like to see done instead?

Helping the more neglected corners of the collection such as the class 311 for a start!

There are a few modern image traction exhibits they own that are in a terrible state, and what's more, nobody seems to give a flying fcuk, just so long as a certain other flying thing is ok.

A fantastic case in point was the Merseyside Class 502. It was an absolute SCANDAL, and yet, nobody cared. It has now been taken over by a group who are THANKFULLY now restoring it instead.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Helping the more neglected corners of the collection such as the class 311 for a start!

There are a few modern image traction exhibits they own that are in a terrible state, and what's more, nobody seems to give a flying fcuk, just so long as a certain other flying thing is ok.

Most people visiting NRM probably want to see steam locomotives. I'm not saying that's an excuse though.

Top Bottom