The Fridays London Ride - Windows and Death - 29th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianmac62

Guru
A listing of Leninist-Stalinist crimes against their people? ;)
Yep, one has to wonder, in a non-Marxist way, how different Russia, the world and the twentieth century would have been if either of the bike crashes - in Geneva or in Paris - had proved fatal for Lenin.

In the cemetery at the bottom of my street is the grave of Violet Gibson, "the woman who shot Mussolini". At point-blank range, she grazed the bridge of his nose. Would Italy etc ... have been different if the bullet had been an inch nearer?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
A friend of Tim H
Abbe M
Adam B
Adrian C
Alice L
Amelia D
Andrew Br
Andrij B
Anne H
Brian L
Cate R
Charlie B
Charlotte B
Chris B
Chris By
Clive B
Dan P
David M
Davy S
Diana
Eddie C
Els V
Gail G
Geraldine M
Grace W
Grahame D
Helen S
Iain C
Ian McS
Ian S
Jenny M
Joan A
Jocelyn C S
John B
John G
Julia B
Julia R
Julian N
Julie G
Katharina S
Kilian F
Kim T
Liz Bt
Louise M
Marc C
Marilyn B
Mark G
Mark P
Martin B
Martin S
Martin T
Martin W
Michael A
Mick D
Miki Y
Miranda S
Moses A
Olaf S
Pamela W
Paul R
Paul Rb
Peter L
Peter M
Philip K
Rebecca O-B
Rebecca T
Ronald R
Ross C
Ruth L
Sandra S
Sig E
Sonia W
Stephen O
Stephen T
Steve W
Stuart A
Stuart G
Susie F
Tacey L
Tilman B
Tim H
Titus H
TJ A
Tom B
Veronique F
Xi C

now closed..........

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Slide1-8.jpg

Slide2-8.jpg

Slide3-7.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You need at least an MA to understand the previous post.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I see we won't have to stare in disbelief at the grade one listed health centre that looks like an abandoned warehouse. Does Helen know we'll be peering at her undershaft? (fnaar fnaar)

ianmac62

Guru
Just come across a reference to Lenin cycling in London. On September 24th 1902 he wrote from his lodgings near King's Cross Road to his mother in Russia, "The weather has been surprisingly good ... Nadya and I have cycled round a fair number of neighbouring districts and found very fine places." (Andrew Rothstein, Lenin in Britain, 1970, p15)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I see we won't have to stare in disbelief at the grade one listed health centre that looks like an abandoned warehouse. Does Helen know we'll be peering at her undershaft? (fnaar fnaar)
I gather the Finsbury Health Centre didn't do it for you?

Actually, if you look at it through half-closed eyes it does have some charm. It's just an unpalatable fact that flat roofed, white rendered buildings with steel windows go off a bit after a while. And that, for whatever reason, the tiling is and was always rubbish. And sitting at the front desk was like being in an oven.

Top Bottom