The Fridays London Ride - Windows and Death - 29th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Two things:
Dropping out of this ride. Things aren't healing as fast as I'd hoped they would. Very sad - it was a fab ride last year.
High And Over; I was at school with someone whose architect father owned it in the 1970s, and spent many a wasted evening in its cavernous interior. Alas, invariably too stoned to fully appreciate its architectural nuances. I did know the roof leaked to buggery, tho' but.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the Millbank Estate, to the rear of the Tate Britain, follows the same radial pattern as the Millbank Prison that preceded it. Happy thought!

Went to All Bar One today - they're putting an extra couple of people on the bar, and getting some extra tables outside but under cover

subaqua

What’s the point
the Millbank Estate, to the rear of the Tate Britain, follows the same radial pattern as the Millbank Prison that preceded it. Happy thought!

Went to All Bar One today - they're putting an extra couple of people on the bar, and getting some extra tables outside but under cover

I watched a time team special or something along them lines about the millbank prison. it was very very good. am looking forward to this immensely

Excellent! Did you also suggest to them that they might like to consider numbering the tables, or at least noting what table people are sitting at when they order food, so that they don't repeat the shambles last year when people at one end of the bar were devouring food ordered at the other end. I heard the phrase "piss-up in a brewery" being muttered on a few tables........

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Excellent! Did you also suggest to them that they might like to consider numbering the tables, or at least noting what table people are sitting at when they order food, so that they don't repeat the shambles last year when people at one end of the bar were devouring food ordered at the other end. I heard the phrase "****-up in a brewery" being muttered on a few tables........
i think we could help there. I'll be pressing people to order drinks first and to go back for food - and it will save time if we keep the food orders simple. As in chips.

wanda2010

Guru
If we keep the food orders simple, how will management know if/how their staff can cope under extreme circumstances or whether their risk assessment re large crowds needs tweaking? Surely it would be remiss of us not to help them out, sending written feedback to HO? :evil:

I'll want more than chips.......

ChrisBailey

and it will save time if we keep the food orders simple. As in chips.

Last year I ordered burger and chips, the issue was no order number, so they walked around asking if anyone ordered a burger and chips? managed to get (what I think was) mine but clearly set up for chaos.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Last year I ordered burger and chips, the issue was no order number, so they walked around asking if anyone ordered a burger and chips? managed to get (what I think was) mine but clearly set up for chaos.
+1. Honestly can't remember if I waited for long, but keeping it simple clearly didn't help then....

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
a few withdrawals after the closing date, but still over 80! Eek!

A friend of Tim H
Abbe M
Adam B
Adrian C
Alice L
Amelia D
Andrew Br
Andrij B
Andy A
Anne H
Brian L
Cate R
Charlotte B
Chris B
Chris By
Clive B
Dan P
Davy S
Diana
Eddie C
Els V
Evey A
Gail G
Geraldine M
Grace W
Grahame D
Helen S
Iain C
Ian McS
Ian S
Jenny M
Joan A
Jocelyn C S
John B
John G
Julia B
Julia R
Julian N
Julie G
Katharina S
Kilian F
Kim T
Liz Bt
Louise M
Marilyn B
Mark G
Mark P
Martin B
Martin S
Martin T
Martin W
Michael A
Mick D
Miki Y
Miranda S
Moses A
Olaf S
Pamela W
Paul R
Peter L
Peter M
Philip K
Rebecca O-B
Rebecca T
Ronald R
Ross C
Ruth L
Sandra S
Sig E
Sonia W
Stephen O
Stephen T
Steve W
Stuart A
Stuart G
Susie F
Tacey L
Tilman B
Tim H
Titus H
TJ A
Tom B
Veronique F
Xi C

I'm going to have another word with All Bar One, and might pre-order some food.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
2222368 said:
I can see a business opportunity here. The punter pays their money and gets emailed a GPX for a route round town and mp3 files to download to their smartphone. They then undock a Boris Bike/unfold their Brompton and off they go
it's been done. I can't find the link, but somebody will sell you a ten mile tour with architectural titbits for about twenty five quid. Lambeth Cyclists do it the old-fashioned way, and for free, though.

Top Bottom