The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Excellent craic from Modric!

"I know Craig Gordon from before, he's an excellent goalkeeper and it's going to be nice that someone is actually older than me on the pitch!"

Our lack of strength in depth, something a lot of "smaller nations" suffer with, found us out again last night. From a promising first half to hanging on for grim death in the second half. Lucky to come away with a draw in the end.

AndyRM

XOXO
Our lack of strength in depth, something a lot of "smaller nations" suffer with, found us out again last night. From a promising first half to hanging on for grim death in the second half. Lucky to come away with a draw in the end.

I feel your pain. We've got a sizeable injury list which isn't going to help.

I think Bellamy is a good move for Wales though. Liked him a lot as a player and I know passion doesn't always make a good manager but I think he'll do well for you.

Chislenko

Veteran
Got a feeling the players are voting with their feet with the number of call offs from the Scottish squad.

Funnily enough I said the same about Brennan Johnson last night, he picked up a needless yellow card which puts him out of Monday's international but fighting fit for Tottenham's next game!

Maybe I am getting a bit too cynical in my old age!

Alex321

Guru
Really?! :ohmy: Mmm, which tin pot islands 'nations' do they warm the bench
play for, may I ask? 🤔

Northern Ireland (U21, but has played for seniors), UAE and Guyana.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've posted this at least twice. For some people they're tin pot islands. As NI is part of the UK I have to assume the UK is also a tin pot island as is Eire.

I didn't say that Northern Ireland are tinpot. I quite like Northern Ireland and always want the country to do well and qualify for major tournaments. I've kind of followed them since their 1982 and 1986 World Cup performances. I even bought a N/I shirt in 2006 which doesn't fit me now as it's a size XL and I'm now a size Large. I also cheered them on when they played England at Wembley, to qualify for Mexico 1986.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK6qB8x3seQ

Sadly Alan McDonald who gave it the "If you think that was a fix, come and see me" at the end of the video died suddenly in 2012 aged 48.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm all for supporting the home nations, but I wouldn't be cheering any of them on if they were playing Scotland. Or buying their kits.

That said I do have quite a few international kits, usually because I like the design or have a connection with the country.

In other news, I see that talks seem fairly advanced with Tuchel. He has a reputation for falling out with players and reportedly thinks very highly of himself so I can't see that going particularly well if it happens.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've posted this at least twice. For some people they're tin pot islands. As NI is part of the UK I have to assume the UK is also a tin pot island as is Eire.

I posted what I'd call a fair explanation yesterday, yet you haven't acknowledged it, even though you must've seen it as you've posted on CC since I posted it. I have to say that you called me rude for saying certain things about what I called non entity 'nations'. Mmm, wouldn't you say it's quite rude to not acknowledge or reply to my explanatory post. 🤔

Top Bottom