The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Legendary Member
Is there anyone here who enjoys fantasy football and interested in joining a league for the European Championships?
I’m in :okay:

Stephenite

Membå
I know this will sound a daft question but how do you play fantasy football. I would like to have a go but does anyone have a link or spend the time to explain the rules please.
It's not a daft question at all.

Basically, it goes like this:

Choose a squad of 15 players.
2 Goalies
5 Defenders
5 Midfielders
3 Forwards
You have £100m to spend - and players typically go for £4m to £12m according to ability.
You can choose a maximum of 3 players from any one real life club (or national team).
You choose a captain who earns double points.

Points are scored in the Euro 2020 game thus:

Each game round choose your starting 11 and four subs, including keeper.
You can make transfers between game rounds, if you like. Over a certain number you will be deducted points.
The winner is the person with most points.

Fantasy Euro 2020 is different to Fantasy Premier League in that you can make substitutions during the game round. This is to do with the games in each round being played over several days. Also, at the end of the group phase you get to choose your team (your 15 players) anew - in preparation for the knockout phase.

Hope this intro helps.

The first step is to pick your squad of 15 from the 24 nations in the competition. :biggrin:

Start here https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/my-team

I don't have a kitchen 😊
Gone back to HD, looks weird on iPlayer. You need a kitchen ^_^

Agree, better from Italy than I expected but 7th v 29th (Turkey) in FIFA world rankings so no upset. Got my eye on Denmark for some reason as an 'upset' team.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I don't have a kitchen 😊
Talking of kitchens, my Psychiatrist reckons that's at the root of my physiological problem.

If you'll forgive me a moment of indulgence; when I was a little boy, we had the opposite problem to you. We had TWO kitchens so I grew up never knowing where my next meal would come from.

Eye thenk yew, ahm ear all week!

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Can the standard of commentary get any worse?
"And Wales have a corner kick in the last minute of the game!"
Actually a throw-in 15 metres from the Switzerland goal line.
As anyone could see who was watching the game, even with half an eye on a 15" screen, let alone both eyes on 49". Strewth!

Top Bottom