The Campervan Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Ah! But what is your chain treatment routine?

Or your tyre rotation regime.....

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have had a succession of vans since the mid 1960,s.
Started with a Commer with rising roof and then a VWT2 for about 100,00 miles before getting a Sherpa coachbuilt then finally a bigger coachbuilt before deciding my touring days were over.
Perhaps not over as I am considering converting my Peugeot Patrner to tiny camper.
Photo of my last van.

322F4CC4-6AEF-43C3-9E6C-AE4C526C1E04.png

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, I'm home. Figured out how to drain the freshwater but can't seem to suss how to drain the grey water. I can see the outlet but can't see any tap or the like.

It'll be going back soon to have an awning fitted so if I don't figure it out I'll ask the dealer.

Jameshow

Veteran
I have had a succession of vans since the mid 1960,s.
Started with a Commer with rising roof and then a VWT2 for about 100,00 miles before getting a Sherpa coachbuilt then finally a bigger coachbuilt before deciding my touring days were over.
Perhaps not over as I am considering converting my Peugeot Patrner to tiny camper.
Photo of my last van.

View attachment 743556

I'm tempted by a partner or a normal car and a teardrop caravan. Mens shed chap wants to build one...

kynikos

Veteran
Well, I'm home. Figured out how to drain the freshwater but can't seem to suss how to drain the grey water. I can see the outlet but can't see any tap or the like.

It'll be going back soon to have an awning fitted so if I don't figure it out I'll ask the dealer.

With the strength and power of your feculence I'd just leave it for a week - it'll eat through whatever plastic or metal it's currently contained in... :whistle:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I'm tempted by a partner or a normal car and a teardrop caravan. Mens shed chap wants to build one...

I nearly bought a teardrop caravan but it was just when we were confined by covid so the sale fell through. A roof tent was also considered but having experienced some windy nights in other vans did not think it was a wise buy.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Next trip away planned for half term, end of October, whereupon well be heading for the peaks for a few days. I hope it's cold so I can use the Webasto heater.

Will probably have another short break before then.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
Next trip away planned for half term, end of October, whereupon well be heading for the peaks for a few days. I hole it's cold so I can use the Webasto heater.

Will probably have another short break before then.

Have you got deep pockets or refillable gas bottles?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The webasto heater is diesel powered, at current prices about 12p/hr to run.

But the grill and hob are powered by a refillable gas bottle.

Top Bottom