The Campervan Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last edited:
This is ours a few weeks back in Norway on a 6000km tripšŸ¤”

IMG_8090.jpeg

We usually take 4 bikes with us and we find that camping cars and cycling are a match made in heaven, just works so well. The girls hit the town and i go off for a trundle aroundšŸ˜ sometimes if Iā€™m lucky i can convince the nippers to all go for a ride out, often needs some bribery in the form of a cafĆ© stop thoughā€¦..

Just installing our Starlink in the next week, 12v conversion and flat mounted. Itā€™s the way to gošŸ‘šŸ»

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My 1998 Volkswagen T4 California. It's currently got over 410,000 kilometres on the clock and still going great. In just over nine years of ownership, it's transported me and the wife, two kids and a dog all over Europe for some amazing trips.

View attachment 741557
It has a pop top roof, sleeping space for four, (though the kids sleep in the driveaway awning) fridge, cooker, diesel night heater and loads of storage.

View attachment 741559

That looks in lovely condition. I love seeing older vehicles being looked after and living longer lives.

Gwylan

Veteran
Enjoy!

simongt

Guru
An interesting discussion with the GLW ref. campervans. although we can't really justify getting one; not enough reasons / occasions to use it and nowhere to keep it out of season, she stated that she wouldn't be happy sleeping in 'a metal box', much preferring a decent size tent.
As we've recently bought a Vango Harris Air 500 which she is well pleased with, possible conundrum solved - ! :okay:

D_97_goodtimes

Ah ā€¦.welcome to what is a very slippery slope. I started off with a T4 conversion and now have a Renault Master .

Here is a list
Levelling wedges
Camping furniture
Uno
Carplay
Park4night
Dominoes
Crit sticker for France
Vignette for Switzerland.
Mifi
Collapsible bowl/bucket and kettle an electric kettle will heat up much quicker than a gas one
Tow bar mounted bike rack
Torches
Usb sockets for charging mobile phones
Center Parcs in Europe.
Watering can/water container
Trangia - I have meths powered setup - has never let me down
Storm straps for the awning
Separate stand alone tent thingy that you drive up to
Decent tyres
Crooklock or similar

Optional extras are paddle boards etc

The chap in the blue t shirt is Daniel the winemaker- 10 euros to park overnight with a free wine tasting. The next morning when sober I bought 6 bottles for 30 euros.

Photo op near the Gotthard pass

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpeg
    IMG_0092.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0185.jpeg
    IMG_0185.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom