The 2024 Half Century (50km or 50 mile) Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
A Belgian 🇧🇪 50 yesterday.

I'd caught the Bristol - London train early to make the 09:00 London to Brussels Eurostar with my bike.

Left Brussels Midi at 13:00 for a ride to my hotel via Atomium and then a nice ride on great Belgian cycle lanes to my hotel just south of Hofstade. Dropped my bags off and changed into cycling gear to carry on my ride to Mechelen, Boom and Leest where I met a friend for a very enjoyable beer.
Then back to hotel in the Belgian cycling rush hour ... 👍

1000004144.png

1000004043.jpg

1000004048.jpg

1000004063.jpg

1000004067.jpg

1000004068.jpg

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Damn you @13 rider!
Was going to do 30k Hill reps today, but added a few extra then got a bit too close to 50k so added some more then found myself meandering down a lane to get the distance just right...
20240831_135536.jpg

Screenshot_20240831_151419.jpg

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Well done @Willd the first poster for Sept @Jon George must have decided on a lie in 😁. My banker ride is done a later than seceduled start as I was nursing a sporting injury , I tweaked my back playing long alley skittles ,got to the bowl off as 3 of us had tied for 1st place ,so I gave the bowl a bit more umph . I was fine riding just getting on and off the bike is a bit painful

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
@Eribiste, we must have covered similar ground today. The Cotswolds Classic route was out of the Stratford race course, to Bidford, Honeybourne, Broadway, Snowshill, Chipping Camden, Ilmington, Long Marston and back to Stratford.

Snowshill defeated me, and had to walk a bit, but I did manage Ebrington Hill.

You're right. On the way in to Honeybourne from Bretforton I was saluting an entire peloton of riders all with numbers on the handlebars which would have the gig you were on.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I got 50 km in this morning round some nice Devon lanes. The weather is good here today so I would have liked to have done more but I have a GP telephone appointment and I didn't want to be standing in a field trying to find a phone signal for it!

Dear doc... You are already 30 minutes late. Please hurry up - I skipped breakfast and am really hungry now! (I have to be right at the top of the terraced garden to get a signal because my network doesn't yet offer WiFi calling.)

Gwylan

Veteran
It's September now and I've realised that I've malingered away most of the year.
Usually with the I must read those posts about 50 km a month rides.

Do get on with it. A bit of discipline and order are required. There's a circuit of local churches that runs out at over 60km. That'll be my first essay.

Please may I join in? I'll 'fess up to the battery thing. My plea for leniency cites Anno Domini and expensive surgical steel in one foot.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
It's September now and I've realised that I've malingered away most of the year.
Usually with the I must read those posts about 50 km a month rides.

Do get on with it. A bit of discipline and order are required. There's a circuit of local churches that runs out at over 60km. That'll be my first essay.

Please may I join in? I'll 'fess up to the battery thing. My plea for leniency cites Anno Domini and expensive surgical steel in one foot.
Your more than welcome to join the madness . If we can offer you a bit of encouragement or motivation that's what the challenge is for . Just of note the bronze stars for completion is only awarded Jan to Dec for each each year not a year from when you start . Hopefully you can get into the habit from now and be ready to start afresh from Jan . Good luck on getting some miles or Kms however you measure them . Just a word of warning don't post rides over 28 miles but less than 31.07 miles as it angers the thread moderator and you wouldn't like him when he's angry

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Dear doc... You are already 30 minutes late. Please hurry up - I skipped breakfast and am really hungry now! (I have to be right at the top of the terraced garden to get a signal because my network doesn't yet offer WiFi calling.)

I finally got my GP call. Mild anaemia... Probably nothing to worry about, but I will have a couple more tests just to make sure. Meanwhile, I will have to try to 'beef up' my vegetarian diet... :whistle:

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom