The 2023 Half Century (50km or 50m) Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
September.... ☑️

Screenshot_20230915-133857~2.png

IMG_20230915_104534.jpg

IMG_20230915_105950.jpg

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Today I did a 48 km ride with my wife :tongue:, just to annoy @13 rider, again. But I did a 50 km on my own the day before

20230917_094406.jpg

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
@13 rider ....

How many people are still in this challenge & is there a list of points for the participants ? ... :okay:
As of August there was 27 of us still in the challenge to date in September 22 have already posted a ride leaving 4 to post these are normally late posters so hopefully where all still in
As for the points this is purely a personal choice to log to not make it a competition, some people keep a record and post others don't so I keep no official record myself ,It would just be a case of checking each person's last post to check

Last edited:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Another 50km September ride for me today.

Headed south from Home to West Harptree to meet up with some cycling mates in The Blue Bowl pub.
Very nice food ( good cyclists sized portions ) even so we did still find room for a pudding.
Our group can never refuse a Crumble... 😆

The ride back north was certainly slower than this mornings ride down, crikey that custard weighed heavy in the legs... 🤣

Screenshot_20230922-210605~2.png

IMG-20230922-WA0006.jpeg

Domus

Guru
Blooming windy out there. Still in shorts but long sleeve jersey today. Easy ride for coffee and toast in Leigh. One very close pass by a complete arse in a red Merc. :cursing:. Just back from a week in France visiting friends who have a lovely little cottage in Mayenne. Took the bike and had two very nice rides on some very quiet lanes and old rail tracks. Good cheap coffee and cake in a couple of bar/tabacs. Very civilised.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
I've been away for the weekend so a bit late doing the monthly update allowing @Chap sur le velo to indeed be missing off the nudge list.
Well done everyone
:rofl::sweat::sweat::dance::dance:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hmm - it has not been a great month on the bike for me! Due to mild but lingering illness I have only been doing 3 short rides a week for the 3-a-week challenge. Longest ride so far only 14 km...

The weather is not very tempting on Wed and Thu. Fri and Sat look better. I will try to do an easy 50 km ride on the valley roads on Fri to stay in this challenge. If that falls through then Saturday will be my last chance.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Hmm - it has not been a great month on the bike for me! Due to mild but lingering illness I have only been doing 3 short rides a week for the 3-a-week challenge. Longest ride so far only 14 km...

The weather is not very tempting on Wed and Thu. Fri and Sat look better. I will try to do an easy 50 km ride on the valley roads on Fri to stay in this challenge. If that falls through then Saturday will be my last chance.
My tick list has let me down , I had you ticked off for some reason ,I think you posted early Sept with rides for Aug and I think I ticked you off ,good luck getting a ride in

ColinJ

My tick list has let me down , I had you ticked off for some reason ,I think you posted early Sept with rides for Aug and I think I ticked you off ,good luck getting a ride in
Yes, I almost caught myself out with that! I double-checked and realised that I still need to get out and do this 50. Tonight's lumpy little 11 km loop was the least problematic so far in September so I reckon I should manage ok on Fri or Sat as long as I avoid serious hills.

ColinJ

I reckon I should manage ok on Fri or Sat as long as I avoid serious hills.
Done! I agree with @Domus - very windy conditions today, which made an easy route feel harder. By local standards it was pretty flat (only 550 m of ascent in 50 km - 11 m/km compared with a more typical 20 m/km on most of my rides round here).

I chose the busier and less interesting valley roads for most of the ride because I am still getting over the bug that I have had all month. I felt better than I have since the end of August, but there was still a tickle at the back of my throat warning me not to push my luck. I couldn't resist getting off the main roads a couple of times though.

Top Bottom