Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hi guys,

Hope you all had a decent summer.

Needless to say it’s pissing down with rain here in London so it’s got me thinking about the turbo.

Any plans to re boot the Bkool racing? I’m up for doing something once a week when the evenings close in. Rouvy is really good I think but I’m happy enough on Bkool if you guys are still participating.

Hi guys,

Hope you all had a decent summer.

Needless to say it’s pissing down with rain here in London so it’s got me thinking about the turbo.

Any plans to re boot the Bkool racing? I’m up for doing something once a week when the evenings close in. Rouvy is really good I think but I’m happy enough on Bkool if you guys are still participating.

I use both and will participate whichever one we chose, with the hope I can get a participation trophy. Bkool also has augmented reality rides now.
I’m going to actively recruit a few friends here who can be competitive with you guys at the front.
Just as a reminder, I will not stop and pick up your water bottles.
I’ll wait until I hear from @Brusgaard or @shimceltic because they did an excellent job last year.

IMG_7662.jpeg

shimceltic

Veteran
Lets say October if we have the numbers as it gives me time to mentally prepare! Also with the tacx app going to poop ive staryed using trainerroad and cant afforf tacx, bkoop, TR and rouvy also. My bkool sees me through to next year at the moment

I dropped BigringVR because I never used it. Bkool has the augmented reality like Rouvy. I ride both but Bkool 80% of the time. We have had record rain this summer so not enough real rides. But they can be profitable .
In
My last one I stopped for coffee and didn’t unclip fast enough and fell over. Didn’t get hurt or anything but embarrassing. When I went to pay for my coffee the barista said a woman in the drive through paid for ir because she felt sorry for me.
That never happened in Bkool.

<Tommy>

Lets say October if we have the numbers as it gives me time to mentally prepare! Also with the tacx app going to poop ive staryed using trainerroad and cant afforf tacx, bkoop, TR and rouvy also. My bkool sees me through to next year at the moment

I hear you

I have Rouvy, Bkool, and bigringVR. Like Randy, I really should cancel bigringvr.

I’m definitely up for Bkool if we get the numbers. Alternatively happy to join a race on rouvy with you guys once a week if we can’t get Bkool going.

How are you finding traineroad Shim?

shimceltic

Veteran
I hear you

I have Rouvy, Bkool, and bigringVR. Like Randy, I really should cancel bigringvr.

I’m definitely up for Bkool if we get the numbers. Alternatively happy to join a race on rouvy with you guys once a week if we can’t get Bkool going.

How are you finding traineroad Shim?

So far so good. I need a bit of structure. Its quite expensive so i need to make sure i use it correctly and see benefits. I had a session planned today but after visiting 3 sites and driving 350 miles i couldnt be bothered

<Tommy>

So far so good. I need a bit of structure. Its quite expensive so i need to make sure i use it correctly and see benefits. I had a session planned today but after visiting 3 sites and driving 350 miles i couldnt be bothered

Trainerroad is noticeably pricey isn’t it? I like it I think. I think that’s my conclusion. I think on all the ‘platforms’ now you can do training sessions. And I guess it’d be cheaper that way. But I like the way traineroad is set out with the calendar and everything.

shimceltic

Veteran
Trainerroad is noticeably pricey isn’t it? I like it I think. I think that’s my conclusion. I think on all the ‘platforms’ now you can do training sessions. And I guess it’d be cheaper that way. But I like the way traineroad is set out with the calendar and everything.

Yeah and if you do a real ride on a garmin or even bkool race it will take that data and adjust training plans to suit.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Yeah and if you do a real ride on a garmin or even bkool race it will take that data and adjust training plans to suit.

I didnt know that - I always fall down on training plans cos if the sun shines I go out and do what I want - so trainer road would look at that and say you poor lamb have a day off ? - how about if I use another platform ?does it see that ?

I didnt know that - I always fall down on training plans cos if the sun shines I go out and do what I want - so trainer road would look at that and say you poor lamb have a day off ? - how about if I use another platform ?does it see that ?

I saw the new way to get a 10% increase in FTP is heat training. So Mr. Bassett ,when the sun is shining that is the time to bundle up and ride in the shed.

Last edited:

shimceltic

Veteran
If your other workout somehow shows on garmin and also maybe strava it should. Let trainer road see it on the calender then it offers adaptations to your plan.

<Tommy>

If your other workout somehow shows on garmin and also maybe strava it should. Let trainer road see it on the calender then it offers adaptations to your plan.

I did a work out on rouvy yesterday Shim and It was really quite decent. ERG mode worked well, it had my cadence front and centre which I like as that’s the thing I always like to work on. The guidance/direction on the screen reminded me a little of trainer road.
I don’t think it’ll be nearly comprehensive as trainerroad in terms of the adaptability of the work outs and how well individually tailored they are. But just in terms of a stand alone work out and how it was presented on screen I was impressed.
I’m going to do another one today. So when I get the laptop out I’ll have a proper look at their training plans.

Top Bottom