Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
Well done all, for your Downhill CG results. Jacob was a gentleman and allowed some of the regulars to take victory by only doing 3 rides. His lethal combination of power and weight gave no one else a look in. Great to see the times all closer due to the downhill, so Novembers league is similar with mostly downhill. The last stage could be a bit of a bu99er though with a lot of up and down.

BILL S

Guru
I have been lurking here all summer. I jumped on in the spring after an elbow fracture kept me off the road. Followed the summer cup then came back on the road recently only to find I've gotten too fast for my usual cycling group. Now summer cup is over too so I am lonely both actually and virtually. What groups can I join for fall?
I sent a request for CG but never got approved :sad:

Assuming you are Claude R in bkool, you are now in the Chaingang Group. The new league starts tomorrow.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well done all, for your Downhill CG results. Jacob was a gentleman and allowed some of the regulars to take victory by only doing 3 rides. His lethal combination of power and weight gave no one else a look in. Great to see the times all closer due to the downhill, so Novembers league is similar with mostly downhill. The last stage could be a bit of a bu99er though with a lot of up and down.
It's this kind of selfless generosity from both Jacob AND AAAC that's given me a hat-trick of CG league wins :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I was contacted by Jacob recently with regards plans for a re-run of the Nations Cup event (in which we heroically "won" the bronze medal :biggrin:).

Suggested date is Saturday 17th February 2018.

This year's team was myself, @BILL S , @AAAC 76C , @Daddy Pig , and @TurboTommy . I don't know if you will all be up for it again, and/or whether you think we should have a formal "team selection" process this time round? Maybe a league specifically set up for team selection? Tommy, I know you haven't been on Bkool for a while and will probably be happily whizzing around Zwift on your Atom by then, but if you still had your Pro you could perhaps dust that off for the event if you were interested?

Anyway, let me know your thoughts. I really enjoyed the experience (apart from the cramp :cry:) and I think the rest of the team did too, so I'd be happy to do it again if we can get a team together....

BILL S

Guru
I was contacted by Jacob recently with regards plans for a re-run of the Nations Cup event (in which we heroically "won" the bronze medal :biggrin:).

This year's team was myself, @BILL S , @AAAC 76C , @Daddy Pig , and @TurboTommy . I don't know if you will all be up for it again, and/or whether you think we should have a formal "team selection" process this time round? Maybe a league specifically set up for team selection? Tommy, I know you haven't been on Bkool for a while and will probably be happily whizzing around Zwift on your Atom by then, but if you still had your Pro you could perhaps dust that off for the event if you were interested?

Anyway, let me know your thoughts. I really enjoyed the experience (apart from the cramp :cry:) and I think the rest of the team did too, so I'd be happy to do it again if we can get a team together....

I'd be happy to take part again if there's no one else like to take my place, and I do like the idea of a selection league to make it even more interesting.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Whoever does it wouldn't it be great if you were all riding your pro's at the one venue-hooked up to monitors. We could all come and watch and bait, err sorry, support you in your heroic endeavors^_^ It would certainly beat trying to follow a dodgy fee although we could have that on a big screen too.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Whoever does it wouldn't it be great if you were all riding your pro's at the one venue-hooked up to monitors. We could all come and watch and bait, err sorry, support you in your heroic endeavors^_^ It would certainly beat trying to follow a dodgy fee although we could have that on a big screen too.
This would be great if it was possible - although I'm not sure we have the venue and logistics to do it so it may be a matter of doing it from our own homes again and using Discord to communicate which did work really well. I think the Danish guys use a bike shop which sells Bkool trainers which makes some sense as it can generate sales for the shop - did look good fun for them with lots of support though!

Claude22

Regular
Assuming you are Claude R in bkool, you are now in the Chaingang Group. The new league starts tomorrow.
I am thanks see you all there! And not on zwift which seemed to dreary for a plodder

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

It's better if you put me down as reserve Paul. I like your idea of running trials of some sort but I probably won't be involved in the leagues so it obviously wouldn't be fair for me to claim a spot on the team. It's much better it goes to someone who's more involved. Hopefully numbers swell a bit to increase the pool and make qualifying more entertaining. It was brilliant last time. I had a great laugh, and at the very least I'll be an official cheerleader on the day.

BILL S

Guru
It's better if you put me down as reserve Paul. I like your idea of running trials of some sort but I probably won't be involved in the leagues so it obviously wouldn't be fair for me to claim a spot on the team. It's much better it goes to someone who's more involved. Hopefully numbers swell a bit to increase the pool and make qualifying more entertaining. It was brilliant last time. I had a great laugh, and at the very least I'll be an official cheerleader on the day.

I was thinking of running a Splitters vs Diehards league. Would you be interested in that?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I was thinking of running a Splitters vs Diehards league. Would you be interested in that?

Well the Diehards are already 50 points up for having the coolest name!

It's going to be a massive wrench for me when I start using zwift. But I'm not sure a bkool vs zwift league is feasible unless the league was run on zwift. I'd be up for it on bsim, but I get the impression most the guys who have jumped over have washed their hands with bkool. I could be wrong though.

BILL S

Guru
Well the Diehards are already 50 points up for having the coolest name!

It's going to be a massive wrench for me when I start using zwift. But I'm not sure a bkool vs zwift league is feasible unless the league was run on zwift. I'd be up for it on bsim, but I get the impression most the guys who have jumped over have washed their hands with bkool. I could be wrong though.

Very true and I was thinking the same, but I think there's a few who are playing on both. Must admit that I'm waiting to see what happens with the numbers on bkool because (as I think AAAC once mentioned), the best thing about bkool is the guys on here so if everyone goes to Zwift then I think I would too, even though I'm still on yearly subscription.

Top Bottom