Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I took a leisurely journey through the canals of Yorkshire last night past satanic mills and stuff, watch a canal program for over an hour, canal boats once fascinated me but after seeing all the wee niggly bits, I'll exist on dry land.
It's panic on't telly for any rain, wind event..
N of watford just get on with it.

have you seen the cost from Cairnryan?
I once fancied a cycle round the Antrim coast, forefathers and all that..
Got my Isle of Mull trip paid for a lot less than the return fare.
I've cruised back and forth on many an occasion,
used to laugh, folk saying don't give that lot yer money.
They were connected...
anyway, what's for brekkie, Bob?
On't tube?
Through the model village of Saltaire by sound of it, and onto Leeds. And down "The Valley". Sorta hard to put scaffolding up on the canal side to get work done on't buildings. So they remain dark and imposing.
Well at least if you don't get on with yer neighbour(s) you just upsticks and move to another mooring.
Its as much the folk themselves as the forecasts to blame.
I agree.

It'll be as bad as from Liverpool. They ain't cheap, I'll say that.
Just think of that money you saved by not going.
You any good at swimming, or have access to yer own boat. There were yer man, a few years ago now, used to visit family in Ireland from Scotland using his secondhand canoe. Option worth exploring given the canals aren't for you.
What were fer brekkie?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo, Owdo
Stopped around five here, clearing since...
And you yours

Slice of bread and marmalade
On't tube?
Through the model village of Saltaire by sound of it, and onto Leeds. And down "The Valley". Sorta hard to put scaffolding up on the canal side to get work done on't buildings. So they remain dark and imposing.
Well at least if you don't get on with yer neighbour(s) you just upsticks and move to another mooring.
Its as much the folk themselves as the forecasts to blame.
I agree.

It'll be as bad as from Liverpool. They ain't cheap, I'll say that.
Just think of that money you saved by not going.
You any good at swimming, or have access to yer own boat. There were yer man, a few years ago now, used to visit family in Ireland from Scotland using his secondhand canoe. Option worth exploring given the canals aren't for you.
What were fer brekkie?

Aye, Saltaire, jeez, yon mill setup was something else.
Interesting prog, always drop in on it when I remember.
I like a big comfy bed, talking of which, Dreams was paid a visit earlier.

When I first started going over it didn't cost much more to book through some Anglers Holiday mob as they got the cheap price for ferry you'd never get and the accommodation would all be taken care of etc, bait delivered waiting on you etc.
I'd done a week organised at the start of foot & mouth and wasn't far off the holiday company price but had to make more then a few phone call, Ireland declared a lockdown (no fishing) the night before we were to travel), I called the other two, wot we doing, we going PUB...
I was glad to get home :laugh:, funnily we could fish part of the Shannon at Rooskey but none of Loughs we wanted to as all farmland lined.
An experience.....

classic33

Leg End Member
Slice of bread and marmalade

Aye, Saltaire, jeez, yon mill setup was something else.
Interesting prog, always drop in on it when I remember.
I like a big comfy bed, talking of which, Dreams was paid a visit earlier.

When I first started going over it didn't cost much more to book through some Anglers Holiday mob as they got the cheap price for ferry you'd never get and the accommodation would all be taken care of etc, bait delivered waiting on you etc.
I'd done a week organised at the start of foot & mouth and wasn't far off the holiday company price but had to make more then a few phone call, Ireland declared a lockdown (no fishing) the night before we were to travel), I called the other two, wot we doing, we going PUB...
I was glad to get home :laugh:, funnily we could fish part of the Shannon at Rooskey but none of Loughs we wanted to as all farmland lined.
An experience..... .
No cuppa!
Even a prisoner is allowed water along with their bread.

Set up where it was, on the outskirts of Bradford, to take advantage of the Aire, for power, and the Leeds-Liverpool for shipping. When built, the town had no pub and no means of purchasing alcohol in it. Get drunk and you could be out of job and house. There's a tunnel network under the town. From the mill to what were the baths and other buildings, so dirty workers wouldn't be seen on the streets.
You can have a full size bed on a barge. Even narrow boats were over six foot wide.
Did they let you try the beds?
Local one wants a "deposit" before they'll allow you to "try before you buy", just in case. Not mentioned in any of their adverts though.

You'd wonder how they managed to get the prices they did. They might guarantee bums on seats, but they're still small fry compared to the ferry companies.
Everything planned and paid for and then they go and shut down the country.
I was nearly refused entry and turned round at the North Wall, because I'd come from an area with cases nearby and staying in a country area.
Some parts still haven't recovered from back then. With some still trying to claw back money they "lost" due to it.
You enjoyed the craic then or is that lost to the mists o'time?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
No cuppa!
Even a prisoner is allowed water along with their bread.

Set up where it was, on the outskirts of Bradford, to take advantage of the Aire, for power, and the Leeds-Liverpool for shipping. When built, the town had no pub and no means of purchasing alcohol in it. Get drunk and you could be out of job and house. There's a tunnel network under the town. From the mill to what were the baths and other buildings, so dirty workers wouldn't be seen on the streets.
You can have a full size bed on a barge. Even narrow boats were over six foot wide.
Did they let you try the beds?
Local one wants a "deposit" before they'll allow you to "try before you buy", just in case. Not mentioned in any of their adverts though.

You'd wonder how they managed to get the prices they did. They might guarantee bums on seats, but they're still small fry compared to the ferry companies.
Everything planned and paid for and then they go and shut down the country.
I was nearly refused entry and turned round at the North Wall, because I'd come from an area with cases nearby and staying in a country area.
Some parts still haven't recovered from back then. With some still trying to claw back money they "lost" due to it.
You enjoyed the craic then or is that lost to the mists o'time?

Aye, they'd 'protection for feet etc..
Most of them do 'a return' if not suited, I can why they would charge, too many chancers out there, if folk kept to the rules, life would be more trusting.
Some of the so-called industrialists had some ideas about temperance but would have dropped the wages at the least excuse, phenomenal money was made, sadly not by the employees, life was cheap...
There were some with a conscience but not many..
Company shops to buy yer grub from...
Least said.

Loved my trips across the sea ( three times a year at one point), latterly I was flying across to Belfast then heading down south for three days at a time (he enough stuff I only had to bring the basics), mostly about Carrickmacross.Much easier. Book early enough? £18 return LOL
It's like yer budget hotel chains, they have business rates...
Been up since 5 ish so early night after I log up etc...
I see hoteliers, B&Bers in the lakes complaining it's been quiet, folk are just not paying exorbitant prices, deserve all they get, hundred plus quid for somebodies spare room and breakfast flung at you in the morning? nah

classic33

Leg End Member
Aye, they'd 'protection for feet etc..
Most of them do 'a return' if not suited, I can why they would charge, too many chancers out there, if folk kept to the rules, life would be more trusting.
Some of the so-called industrialists had some ideas about temperance but would have dropped the wages at the least excuse, phenomenal money was made, sadly not by the employees, life was cheap...
There were some with a conscience but not many..
Company shops to buy yer grub from...
Least said.

Loved my trips across the sea ( three times a year at one point), latterly I was flying across to Belfast then heading down south for three days at a time (he enough stuff I only had to bring the basics), mostly about Carrickmacross.Much easier. Book early enough? £18 return LOL
It's like yer budget hotel chains, they have business rates...
Been up since 5 ish so early night after I log up etc...
I see hoteliers, B&Bers in the lakes complaining it's been quiet, folk are just not paying exorbitant prices, deserve all they get, hundred plus quid for somebodies spare room and breakfast flung at you in the morning? nah
And you've nothing on yours!
I've always used open dated returns when travelling to Ireland. Got my cousin to book my tickets, at just over half the price they wanted here, and post them to me. Some confusion caused travelling outbound to Ireland on an Irish issued ticket.
Saltaire was one of the better places locally.
You could have sent the Young Un down one of the many mines in this area.

Would that be each way?
Fly, you flew to Ireland! You're richer than I thought.
Working for WA I'd have only had to pay for food and drink if I'd sat in the jump seat. A few offers made by a few drivers whilst working there.
Noticed yer early bird posts these last few days.
Well no-one is staying with them, due to high prices, so they put their prices up to try to get what they lost. Makes sense, but not certain to who.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
And you've nothing on yours!
I've always used open dated returns when travelling to Ireland. Got my cousin to book my tickets, at just over half the price they wanted here, and post them to me. Some confusion caused travelling outbound to Ireland on an Irish issued ticket.
Saltaire was one of the better places locally.
You could have sent the Young Un down one of the many mines in this area.

Would that be each way?
Fly, you flew to Ireland! You're richer than I thought.
Working for WA I'd have only had to pay for food and drink if I'd sat in the jump seat. A few offers made by a few drivers whilst working there.
Noticed yer early bird posts these last few days.
Well no-one is staying with them, due to high prices, so they put their prices up to try to get what they lost. Makes sense, but not certain to who.

Look on it this way,
Pal had enough fishing tackle to open a chain of Belfast shops...
I flew over to Aldergrove, he picked me up and off S we headed.
Options?
How do I get to Troon, Cairnryan or Stranraer?
Mrs M drops me 6.00 at GLA, picks me up 21.30 three, four days later?
I book as soon as tickets are released, £18 quid was the norm for a RETURN..
Bus fares to the ports alone would be?
Food was bought en route...
He made sure I always got my Long's fish supper....

Beag has plenty of local mines to choose from

classic33

Leg End Member
GM everybody :hello:
Everything has a 'GM or something' nowadays..
You canny beat buzz words...:whistle:

Enjoy the start of the week....:cuppa:
Owdo
Everybody has a genetically modified . . . . . these days!
I dunno, they don't roll off the tongue as easy.

We have an extra Sunday today. Everything is Sunday hours or timetable today.
The week starts tomorrow.

classic33

Leg End Member
Look on it this way,
Pal had enough fishing tackle to open a chain of Belfast shops...
I flew over to Aldergrove, he picked me up and off S we headed.
Options?
How do I get to Troon, Cairnryan or Stranraer?
Mrs M drops me 6.00 at GLA, picks me up 21.30 three, four days later?
I book as soon as tickets are released, £18 quid was the norm for a RETURN..
Bus fares to the ports alone would be?
Food was bought en route...
He made sure I always got my Long's fish supper....

Beag has plenty of local mines to choose from
Okay
That'd go a long way in helping you decide what not to pack.
You never brought owt back?
No trouble at the border?
Taxi?
I've never been able to get those sort of fares. Others, like yourself, seem to have no trouble finding them.
Where were Longs?

You gonna let him choose which one he's gonna be sent down to work in.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
Everybody has a genetically modified . . . . . these days!
I dunno, they don't roll off the tongue as easy.

We have an extra Sunday today. Everything is Sunday hours or timetable today.
The week starts tomorrow.

Okay
That'd go a long way in helping you decide what not to pack.
You never brought owt back?
No trouble at the border?
Taxi?
I've never been able to get those sort of fares. Others, like yourself, seem to have no trouble finding them.
Where were Longs?

You gonna let him choose which one he's gonna be sent down to work in.
Belfast, cod and chips sublime.
Funnily, during the foot and mouth, we headed to ?????, I can't remember where, visited the local tat gift shop and the three of us plus the owner ended up in the pub ^_^
Taxi, pal's car...
odd fact, I caught my first carp in NI....

Education is his goal...

classic33

Leg End Member
Belfast, cod and chips sublime.
Funnily, during the foot and mouth, we headed to ?????, I can't remember where, visited the local tat gift shop and the three of us plus the owner ended up in the pub ^_^
Taxi, pal's car...
odd fact, I caught my first carp in NI....

Education is his goal...
You'd not say "No" to another feed from there.
Sounds about right. Were it early closing/half day?
Only in Ireland though.
Caught my first one on the River Moy in Foxford.

You'll not have him earning his keep.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
You'd not say "No" to another feed from there.
Sounds about right. Were it early closing/half day?
Only in Ireland though.
Caught my first one on the River Moy in Foxford.

You'll not have him earning his keep.

Could always have him on chimneys on his days off..

Ulster Fry....
Antrim Rd was the place for them..
Garage just on the border did breakfast farls
(stop torturing yerself Bob)

That's it, an early breakfast...
Never salmon fished when across, coarse fishing..

Top Bottom