Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
Had I not been flat on my back at the time, I'd have considered it.

I used to have a pair of steel toe-capped trainers. Then it were shoes(steel toe) in the office and shop.
If it made you more productive, why not.
Wet end to yesterday led to a damp start to today. Grey at first light, clearing now.
You still on school run duties.

Tried steelie trainers...
not a good idea for the machines we used...
Aye, school now times a little different.

17.8 mm here plus a wet band coming in tomorrow...

classic33

Leg End Member
Tried steelie trainers...
not a good idea for the machines we used...
Aye, school now times a little different.

17.8 mm here plus a wet band coming in tomorrow...
They insisted we wore protective footwear, but weren't willing to pay for them, so I bought my own. Annoyed them, but they met their requests so left them with little to actually complain about.
They start earlier these days than when you went.

We've rain on and off for the last few hours.
This wet band moving northwards by any chance?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
They insisted we wore protective footwear, but weren't willing to pay for them, so I bought my own. Annoyed them, but they met their requests so left them with little to actually complain about.
They start earlier these days than when you went.

We've rain on and off for the last few hours.
This wet band moving northwards by any chance?

PPE was supplied..
surprisingly to a good degree,
mind you the rep for the supplier was the directors partner:laugh:
Place was rotten...

21.00 this evening
21.00.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
PPE was supplied..
surprisingly to a good degree,
mind you the rep for the supplier was the directors partner:laugh:
Place was rotten...

21.00 this evening
View attachment 742050
If it's required, the employer has a duty to supply it.
Did they give it at cost price, do you know?
Rotten because they kept the sales/purchasing "in house" and for approved people only.

Looks like two waves of rain headed your way tonight. Save you watering tomorrow.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
If it's required, the employer has a duty to supply it.
Did they give it at cost price, do you know?
Rotten because they kept the sales/purchasing "in house" and for approved people only.

Looks like two waves of rain headed your way tonight. Save you watering tomorrow.

We got it free,
boots when needed..
Winter issue late Oct-Nov
Light trousers, heavier but light fleece lined breeks, jacket,
It was good quality
Rigger boots were a fiver extra.

19 mm here.....
Amber wind for tomorrow....

classic33

Leg End Member
We got it free,
boots when needed..
Winter issue late Oct-Nov
Light trousers, heavier but light fleece lined breeks, jacket,
It was good quality
Rigger boots were a fiver extra.

19 mm here.....
Amber wind for tomorrow....
Suppose the council couldn't take the chance of you being injured, and them not supplying what you should have been wearing.
Wasn't Oct-Nov a bit late for winter issue up there. August-September being more appropriate.

I worked with one manage, he felt that actually working wasn't his job, who tried selling us the stuff sent up from head office. Removed the names on the outer bags. Got a deal on out of date Hi-Viz and insisted we use that instead, at cost. I went and bought my own, causing questions to be asked.

Light rain during daylight hours. Wet the pavements, which soon dried out.
No wind warning here, yet.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Good morning from a breezy Towers :hello:
Recycling bin today, the lightest, of course so had to keep an eye..
emptied and back in its binnery.
Think today is to be windy..
I'll stay in.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Suppose the council couldn't take the chance of you being injured, and them not supplying what you should have been wearing.
Wasn't Oct-Nov a bit late for winter issue up there. August-September being more appropriate.

I worked with one manage, he felt that actually working wasn't his job, who tried selling us the stuff sent up from head office. Removed the names on the outer bags. Got a deal on out of date Hi-Viz and insisted we use that instead, at cost. I went and bought my own, causing questions to be asked.

Light rain during daylight hours. Wet the pavements, which soon dried out.
No wind warning here, yet.

Always some jumped up twat in mid management (I'd say 90% at where I worked) sticking their nose in.
We had roads folk buying our machinery and our lot bought the equipment for roads, led to a tremendous waste of money..
Snowblowers, a dozen?, bought in and left to rust.
Waste unbelievable.
makes me laugh every time manpower has to be cut, its never admin.
Paperchase from top to bottom...
Wind not as bad as expected,
first emptied bin down...

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning from a breezy Towers :hello:
Recycling bin today, the lightest, of course so had to keep an eye..
emptied and back in its binnery.
Think today is to be windy..
I'll stay in.
Owdo from a wet west o'West Yorkshire.
Wind not too bad so far.
Ours were yesterday. A bag not a plastic box/bin, so gets shifted by the slightest breeze when empty.
Kept behind a wall to stop it blowing around.
It'll be damp here.

classic33

Leg End Member
Always some jumped up twat in mid management (I'd say 90% at where I worked) sticking their nose in.
We had roads folk buying our machinery and our lot bought the equipment for roads, led to a tremendous waste of money..
Snowblowers, a dozen?, bought in and left to rust.
Waste unbelievable.
makes me laugh every time manpower has to be cut, its never admin.
Paperchase from top to bottom...
Wind not as bad as expected,
first emptied bin down...
It's fun when there's questions asked as to why you're not using what they supplied, and they get the honest answer given.
Working outside, when someone(in an office) had the bright idea that we should be wearing a company shirt and tie, brilliant idea. The tie was a hazard and always getting caught. The one shirt they did supply was lightweight, almost see through. Impossible to keep clean and worse than useless when wet.
Work going on near me at present. Leaking gas main and junction narrowing. They started locating the main, but weren't allowed to dig up the road because of the other work starting. They've to wait whilst the other work is done before they dig it up.
You could never think of another use to which they could be used during the times there were no snow?
Their sort were usually too busy protecting their jobs, whilst pointing out where savings could be made elsewhere.
Beans not as bad as you thought!
Have you bin out to offer aid/retrieve it.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
It's fun when there's questions asked as to why you're not using what they supplied, and they get the honest answer given.
Working outside, when someone(in an office) had the bright idea that we should be wearing a company shirt and tie, brilliant idea. The tie was a hazard and always getting caught. The one shirt they did supply was lightweight, almost see through. Impossible to keep clean and worse than useless when wet.
Work going on near me at present. Leaking gas main and junction narrowing. They started locating the main, but weren't allowed to dig up the road because of the other work starting. They've to wait whilst the other work is done before they dig it up.
You could never think of another use to which they could be used during the times there were no snow?
Their sort were usually too busy protecting their jobs, whilst pointing out where savings could be made elsewhere.
Beans not as bad as you thought!
Have you bin out to offer aid/retrieve it.

Bin in and in usual place, four bins mean a system :laugh:
I did duties at local footy parks for a loooooooooong time and they wanted us to wear a polo shirt, I did two nights and Sat all day, I was to get one, parkie did the seven days and he was to get one...
not the brightest idea....
found out they cost £3.....

There is a register up here where you can check if any works are scheduled in any location, thought it was nation wide.
The new bypass road here? two bus stops installed and taken away, futureproofing they called it, three bus stops (no furniture).
Handy road though, has made a big difference.
Ms Toodles off home after a sleepover, she sleeps well (thankfully)..
Baseball first pitch 18.05 ..handy..

classic33

Leg End Member
Bin in and in usual place, four bins mean a system :laugh:
I did duties at local footy parks for a loooooooooong time and they wanted us to wear a polo shirt, I did two nights and Sat all day, I was to get one, parkie did the seven days and he was to get one...
not the brightest idea....
found out they cost £3.....

There is a register up here where you can check if any works are scheduled in any location, thought it was nation wide.
The new bypass road here? two bus stops installed and taken away, futureproofing they called it, three bus stops (no furniture).
Handy road though, has made a big difference.
Ms Toodles off home after a sleepover, she sleeps well (thankfully)..
Baseball first pitch 18.05 ..handy..
Bins and two bag system here. Sorta works, if the bin men show up. Otherwise it can be sat for two weeks.
That sounds like the shop I worked in. Lass who worked Sundays in the run upto to Christmas had to pay the same as the idiot we had as a part-timer who sat in the shop for 16 hours a week.

You can check for planned work down here. It's the unplanned, emergency work that caused the problem. And has been stopped to allow scheduled work to be done. They can continue it once the scheduled work is finished!
In the meantime, the whiff of gas can be tasted in the air.
Hokey Cokey bus stops, it'll never catch on.
That cyclelane still quiet?
Most of the day?
Maybe the match will throw a curveball or summat.

Top Bottom