Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
The rain threatening here lasted less than a minute. Not too heavy either, so it'll be another close day tomorrow.

No idea either, and it's more your nec'o'woods than mine.
Dropped off, in the morning, and you had a drink and summat to eat before headed home.
Not big back then, even smaller now.
Did they charge the locals less, as some seaside resorts did?

And you couldn't say your own were best.
That were downright unfair, on you!

Nah, no price difference..
We used move around pubs with no order, spend an hour or so in each, about a dozen of us. We had one pub we watched totp in though.
One smart wee eejit who bought a pub told us it was too busy to let us in one summer night, a bit smamily we thought..
I bet he missed the possible 3 or 4 weekly winter night visits the following winter the previous owner enjoyed..
You could walk from one of the main street to the other and never see a soul in the winter nights.
Place was a winter ghost town Mon to Thurs

My sunflowers haven't got anywhere normal this year, thing is I bring every bodies on from seed.
I'd a brain flip and grew far too many, I gave 15(?) to the Beag's nursery to clear my feet.

Not a dry day, 0.2 mm has fallen at some point, 12.29am apparently

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning :hello:
Early rise to put a bin out..
Quite breezy overnight so took the chance of leaving bin to see what sleepy head in the house would rise early...
I won again or shrewd move by Mrs M:laugh:
Owdo
Remember the days when the binmen used to fetch their own bins? I'd say the biggest moan then were they hadn't put it back exactly where it was. Now they want them kerbside or else they'll not bother with them.
Wind not a problem here overnight.
I'd say Mrs M won this morning.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nah, no price difference..
We used move around pubs with no order, spend an hour or so in each, about a dozen of us. We had one pub we watched totp in though.
One smart wee eejit who bought a pub told us it was too busy to let us in one summer night, a bit smamily we thought..
I bet he missed the possible 3 or 4 weekly winter night visits the following winter the previous owner enjoyed..
You could walk from one of the main street to the other and never see a soul in the winter nights.
Place was a winter ghost town Mon to Thurs

My sunflowers haven't got anywhere normal this year, thing is I bring every bodies on from seed.
I'd a brain flip and grew far too many, I gave 15(?) to the Beag's nursery to clear my feet.

Not a dry day, 0.2 mm has fallen at some point, 12.29am apparently
No discount fer regulars, as opposed to those passing through, and may never be seen again.
Sorta like an organised pub crawl, especially when TOTP's was on that night.
Eejit must have retired well off, or broke, if he could afford to turn paying folk away.
Sounds like a few places around the country in the mid eighties, unless there were summat going on. Hence the rise of festivals taking place.

You can take some of the credit at least then. Being too busy helping the others to tend to yer own.
How'd the nursery react when you walked in with the sunflowers for them?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
Remember the days when the binmen used to fetch their own bins? I'd say the biggest moan then were they hadn't put it back exactly where it was. Now they want them kerbside or else they'll not bother with them.
Wind not a problem here overnight.
I'd say Mrs M won this morning.
She always does.
Bins are far easier than my first day doing them and it was at the start of those brown paper bags in the wire cages.
I filled in a few times, yon basket carrying must have been minging.
Nice morning here for my early donder, but I see we look like getting rain mid afternoon.
Passed just W of you earlier on way home, came over Glen Ogle..
Rain started big style since we got back, 10.1 mm just now.
No discount fer regulars, as opposed to those passing through, and may never be seen again.
Sorta like an organised pub crawl, especially when TOTP's was on that night.
Eejit must have retired well off, or broke, if he could afford to turn paying folk away.
Sounds like a few places around the country in the mid eighties, unless there were summat going on. Hence the rise of festivals taking place.

You can take some of the credit at least then. Being too busy helping the others to tend to yer own.
How'd the nursery react when you walked in with the sunflowers for them?
It was the same pub/lounge every Thursday then the back of 8, we'd move to a random pub until 10, closing time *wink*
Mrs M delivered them..

Guess what i picked up today..
mussels.jpg

(It's a stock photo)

classic33

Leg End Member
She always does.
Bins are far easier than my first day doing them and it was at the start of those brown paper bags in the wire cages.
I filled in a few times, yon basket carrying must have been minging.

Passed just W of you earlier on way home, came over Glen Ogle..
Rain started big style since we got back, 10.1 mm just now.

It was the same pub/lounge every Thursday then the back of 8, we'd move to a random pub until 10, closing time *wink*
Mrs M delivered them..

Guess what i picked up today..
View attachment 740276
(It's a stock photo)
Can't she let you win, once.
Never had wire bins, steel bins later replaced with plastic ones, that were stronger than that used on wheelie bins these days. No plastic bags used back then. Smaller bins in't house emptied at least once daily into the outside bin. The bin men's bins were larger.

And I bet you never popped in to say hello.

That closing time!
So you can't even claim credit for donating them.

Any good?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Can't she let you win, once.
Never had wire bins, steel bins later replaced with plastic ones, that were stronger than that used on wheelie bins these days. No plastic bags used back then. Smaller bins in't house emptied at least once daily into the outside bin. The bin men's bins were larger.

And I bet you never popped in to say hello.

That closing time!
So you can't even claim credit for donating them.

Any good?
The joke at the time the paper bags came in was you could go to work with a suit on...
still was a smelly job.
10pm was not bad, in the summer, we'd congregate at the pier and get up to high jinks...
Mussels?
Aye, an acquired taste...
must have a longer shelf life with extra oil,
they were smaller tubs with little oil last time I bought.
Funnily they had clams for sale 50 odd quids a KG:ohmy:
Looking good.
Anywhere nice planned.

Thought maybe a trip down the Firth, a couple of clockwise loops around Ireland then just put it on stocks for the winter, they got it wrong, Its name was supposed to be BOB but someone has boobed and its R09 or something....

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning :hello:
Our week off from the kids has been good,
esp after testing negative..
We've been around the country visiting old haunts...
a rest day today?
Owdo
It'll helped you unwind yerssen, able to concentrate on what you wanted to do...
A good result.
Old haunts, you planning on scaring folk now?

classic33

Leg End Member
The joke at the time the paper bags came in was you could go to work with a suit on...
still was a smelly job.
10pm was not bad, in the summer, we'd congregate at the pier and get up to high jinks...
Mussels?
Aye, an acquired taste...
must have a longer shelf life with extra oil,
they were smaller tubs with little oil last time I bought.
Funnily they had clams for sale 50 odd quids a KG:ohmy:

Thought maybe a trip down the Firth, a couple of clockwise loops around Ireland then just put it on stocks for the winter, they got it wrong, Its name was supposed to be BOB but someone has boobed and its R09 or something....
Possible, bar the odd wet days you seem to get up there. Then there's the risk of the bag bursting/tearing.
Not that late then. Remember TOTP's were on a bit earlier than that though. Down here at least.
Like trying to climb the flagpole to get the flag down...
Not a taste I've acquired. The "extra" oil might be replacing mussels that would otherwise be taking up the space.
Mrs M found a proper size for yer.
Can I take it the clams remained where they were at that price.

You'd not be looking at places you could sail her into Irish waters to let you do yer fishing again. Not too far from home. Why not warmer waters for winter.
Typical. You just can't get the labour these days. Get a decent tin of black paint, and get down there and correct it yerself. Should you find the one(s) responsible, keelhaul him/them on yer first trip.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
It'll helped you unwind yerssen, able to concentrate on what you wanted to do...
A good result.
Old haunts, you planning on scaring folk now?
I probably wouldn't recognise anyone...
had a wee trip into the Kingdom earlier, I'd promised Mrs M I'd treat her to lunch..
Cullen Skink to start no less..
no words can describe this soup...
or the burping I've done since eating my portion:laugh:
We'd cut through the Home of (expensive) Golf then just headed back west.....
The wee Clio has done some miles this week.....
Possible, bar the odd wet days you seem to get up there. Then there's the risk of the bag bursting/tearing.
Not that late then. Remember TOTP's were on a bit earlier than that though. Down here at least.
Like trying to climb the flagpole to get the flag down...
Not a taste I've acquired. The "extra" oil might be replacing mussels that would otherwise be taking up the space.
Mrs M found a proper size for yer.
Can I take it the clams remained where they were at that price.

You'd not be looking at places you could sail her into Irish waters to let you do yer fishing again. Not too far from home. Why not warmer waters for winter.
Typical. You just can't get the labour these days. Get a decent tin of black paint, and get down there and correct it yerself. Should you find the one(s) responsible, keelhaul him/them on yer first trip.

Got a nice big deck to sunbathe or cycle on, mind you :cycle:
They surely did and the memories of how I used to eat them will do.
I imagine they must farm them now....

I'm avoiding the dib dib place tonight, I'll give it another week...

WX was sunny but breezy as 'eck..

Top Bottom