Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Hot?
I like to 'fry' leftover cabbage and bacon..
one little chilli chopped gave it a slight 'aaah',
I have the variety written down somewhere..
I don't have, oops but I'll recognise it..
No toms again but a couple of sweet pepper plants..
not bothering with spuds,
dunno what else...
will do beetroot in the gutters along with strawberries already in one,
I've another strawberry container which gave the better results last year..
peas of course..
must get planting of seeds plan on the go....

last quiet day before Toodles descends...
Doesn't sound like one of those where the milk is on standby when eating them.
Nowt wrong with frying leftover bacon n'cabbage. The chilli just gives it the "kick" required?
Odd you say no toms, they're missing from the entrance of the local Sainsburys this year. The last three years have seen the grow bags piled waist height. None so far this year.
Your supply of pickled beetroot hold out last year?
Can the gutters be easily removed when yer done growing in them.
Beetroot and strawberry jam this year?
The seeds 'll be down inside before being transferred outside when warmer weather arrives!

Are yer gutters out of her reach, when you start growing.

Just as we'll you're retired though.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Doesn't sound like one of those where the milk is on standby when eating them.
Nowt wrong with frying leftover bacon n'cabbage. The chilli just gives it the "kick" required?
Odd you say no toms, they're missing from the entrance of the local Sainsburys this year. The last three years have seen the grow bags piled waist height. None so far this year.
Your supply of pickled beetroot hold out last year?
Can the gutters be easily removed when yer done growing in them.
Beetroot and strawberry jam this year?
The seeds 'll be down inside before being transferred outside when warmer weather arrives!

Are yer gutters out of her reach, when you start growing.

Just as we'll you're retired though.

I just clean out the old compost and clip it back into place,
cordless screwdriver then they off and could be stored,
too wet to nip out and take a photo.
Toodles could reach the bottom one...
I just bought some to keep me supplied (one of two german with L) seems to be the best for fresh...
Strawberries in the gutter, plenty of green growth but not as many fruits but kept plants out, a bit weary looking with a couple of casualties but will replace with what I brought on from runners..

No pressure, first family orders in for sweet peas and sunflowers:laugh:
sunflower.jpg

These just make you smile...

classic33

Leg End Member
I just clean out the old compost and clip it back into place,
cordless screwdriver then they off and could be stored,
too wet to nip out and take a photo.
Toodles could reach the bottom one...
I just bought some to keep me supplied (one of two german with L) seems to be the best for fresh...
Strawberries in the gutter, plenty of green growth but not as many fruits but kept plants out, a bit weary looking with a couple of casualties but will replace with what I brought on from runners..

No pressure, first family orders in for sweet peas and sunflowers:laugh:
View attachment 722768
These just make you smile...
You need to start selling the idea, get some money from it. Just another name other than gutters required to make them sound fashionable.
All previous contents dumped into a bucket when the harvesting has been done, then stored for next time.
It's not that wet...
When she starts exploring outside, she'll notice them, and probably want to see what's in it.
You remember, you were her age once, wandering and wondering...
Lowenbrau. You bought two?
They probably don't like being out in the cold. Wait while it warms up a bit, then they might be more to see. Can you save them doctor!

Well, if yer taking orders I'll have 2lb of runner beans. No vine.

Brighten up the place I'll give you that.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
You down these parts today?

You need to start selling the idea, get some money from it. Just another name other than gutters required to make them sound fashionable.
All previous contents dumped into a bucket when the harvesting has been done, then stored for next time.
It's not that wet...
When she starts exploring outside, she'll notice them, and probably want to see what's in it.
You remember, you were her age once, wandering and wondering...
Lowenbrau. You bought two?
They probably don't like being out in the cold. Wait while it warms up a bit, then they might be more to see. Can you save them doctor!

Well, if yer taking orders I'll have 2lb of runner beans. No vine.

Brighten up the place I'll give you that.

The german was Lidl....
I'm more doing garden peas, we eaten them as they get ready, fresh out of the pod.

Sweet Peas pricked on into individual pots on trays and just threw the bigger ones into half tubs which hang on the fence, just noticed almost a month earlier than last year, we'll see how they grow.
It's trying to get things to grow in this new peat free compost....
I think it does make a difference...

classic33

Leg End Member
The german was Lidl....
I'm more doing garden peas, we eaten them as they get ready, fresh out of the pod.

Sweet Peas pricked on into individual pots on trays and just threw the bigger ones into half tubs which hang on the fence, just noticed almost a month earlier than last year, we'll see how they grow.
It's trying to get things to grow in this new peat free compost....
I think it does make a difference...
You left Al alone.
Nowt wrong with fresh from the pod, if you don't mind the shelling.

Any magic beans amongst that lot?
You've been busy then.
You'll have to do a bit more than see how they grow.
Not much good then.
You'll have to get to a nearby stables, bring some home with you.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
You left Al alone.
Nowt wrong with fresh from the pod, if you don't mind the shelling.

Any magic beans amongst that lot?
You've been busy then.
You'll have to do a bit more than see how they grow.
Not much good then.
You'll have to get to a nearby stables, bring some home with you.

I used chicken s*** pellets last year...
not decided yet, most composts have 3 / 4 month feed in them.
many moons ago..
I'd a bloke who used to come and get the cuttings off the bowling green for his onions and leeks, he grew some monsters, local champion who swore me to secrecy to tell no one and not to give him cuttings tainted with any pesticides, fungicides etc.

In my last 'Towers' early days ,I grew spuds in the front 'garden' and dug out drills and layered rotten said cuttings , covered it with some soil then planted chitted shop bought spuds...
yield was unbelievable..
Did two years then grassed the area..
had a small veg patch at the back but eventually youngest Mhor appeared (delivered by stork) and I slabbed the area for pram, buggy etc.
Funny story, Mrs M was an enthusiastic weeder and one afternoon reached under a cabbage to pull a weed out at its base and grabbed a toad instead... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I had to do the weeding after that...

I'm getting gyp about an eucalyptus tree..(another bloody tub)
I mentioned about getting a koala..
'WTF?' a concrete one i said..
surely not?

classic33

Leg End Member
I used chicken s*** pellets last year not decided yet, most composts have 3 / 4 month feed in them.
many moons ago..
I'd a bloke who used to come and get the cuttings off the bowling green for his onions and leeks, he grew some monsters, local champion who swore me to secrecy to tell no one and not to give him cuttings tainted with any pesticides, fungicides etc.

In my last 'Towers' early days ,I grew spuds in the front 'garden' and dug out drills and layered rotten said cuttings , covered it with some soil then planted chitted shop bought spuds...
yield was unbelievable..
Did two years then grassed the area..
had a small veg patch at the back but eventually youngest Mhor appeared (delivered by stork) and I slabbed the area for pram, buggy etc.
Funny story, Mrs M was an enthusiastic weeder and one afternoon reached under a cabbage to pull a weed out at its base and grabbed a toad instead... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I had to do the weeding after that...

I'm getting gyp about an eucalyptus tree..(another bloody tub)
I mentioned about getting a koala..
'WTF?' a concrete one i said..
surely not?
Bet it wasn't cheap either.
No stables near you, get the good stuff. Possibly for nowt!
You still remember then?
What were so special about yer bowling green cuttings that he swore you to secrecy?

Not interested in doing the same at yer new abode, so you decided to go down the gravel route.
Quite believe the yield, especially if it were the first time the ground were used for it. Bet it took a bit 'o doing though.
Landing pad for the stork?
Maybe she were looking for anything brought by the stork and missed the first time. Did she kiss the toad in the hope it might be a prince?

Who's getting/wanting the eucalyptus tree, and will the koala be living in it, should you get it?
Why not?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Bet it wasn't cheap either.
No stables near you, get the good stuff. Possibly for nowt!
You still remember then?
What were so special about yer bowling green cuttings that he swore you to secrecy?

Not interested in doing the same at yer new abode, so you decided to go down the gravel route.
Quite believe the yield, especially if it were the first time the ground were used for it. Bet it took a bit 'o doing though.
Landing pad for the stork?
Maybe she were looking for anything brought by the stork and missed the first time. Did she kiss the toad in the hope it might be a prince?

Who's getting/wanting the eucalyptus tree, and will the koala be living in it, should you get it?
Why not?

Mrs M..
has some weird ideas but she wins in the end..

Cuttings?, always fresh, regularly fed with high nitrogen feeds in the spring summer months, always fine grass..
dunno really. It did break down quickly and the dumping pile could be warm.
I built a compost corner, section for cuttings and the other for general gardening waste..
a few did use what it produced...
I used to head out into one of the shore woods in autumn for to bag beech leaves..
top drawer stuff (for me)
I did need much really.
I should do the same now but too lazy I guess, make a good base to plant on...
busy Bob today so must fly,
Toodles will be down later.

classic33

Leg End Member
Mrs M..
has some weird ideas but she wins in the end..

Cuttings?, always fresh, regularly fed with high nitrogen feeds in the spring summer months, always fine grass..
dunno really. It did break down quickly and the dumping pile could be warm.
I built a compost corner, section for cuttings and the other for general gardening waste..
a few did use what it produced...
I used to head out into one of the shore woods in autumn for to bag beech leaves..
top drawer stuff (for me)
I did need much really.
I should do the same now but too lazy I guess, make a good base to plant on...
busy Bob today so must fly,
Toodles will be down later.
Will you be tending to its needs, should one be purchased. If yes, I feel "No" would be a fair answer, unless she allows you your Koala.

Aren't high nitrogen feeds artificial?
Did you ever have a pile start smoking sufficiently for you to have to break it down.
We'd a compost corner. Every bit of green garden waste went into it.
Try getting any type of fallen leaves here and the council would be after you for theft. They'd not want the leaves back, just payment.
How can you be busy, it's only one child, Toodles, yer watching.
Enjoy yerssen though.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Will you be tending to its needs, should one be purchased. If yes, I feel "No" would be a fair answer, unless she allows you your Koala.

Aren't high nitrogen feeds artificial?
Did you ever have a pile start smoking sufficiently for you to have to break it down.
We'd a compost corner. Every bit of green garden waste went into it.
Try getting any type of fallen leaves here and the council would be after you for theft. They'd not want the leaves back, just payment.
How can you be busy, it's only one child, Toodles, yer watching.
Enjoy yerssen though.

I'd three kids here today, my youngest two (big kids) and Toodles...
Painter still rolling away so keeping Toodles occupied is a full time job for granny.
All go at the Towers...

Coffee grounds are a good source of nitrogen..
has other helpful stuff in it.
best for acid loving plants.
slugs don't like it ( a liquid coffee brew 1:1 with water works better apparently)

I'll tub mine from tomorrow...

I used to empty it late autumn, wheelbarrowed onto small trailer and duped out the shore...
Chilled drink time...

Top Bottom