Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
That's a lot in the 'ut....
4 going through tutoring for licence...

I suppose when you spent your entire life seeing the river and it's views all your life..
it was for the best I suppose..
if no grandkids this may have been coming from the Algarve..
bloody weans:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Small 'ut?
You there with yer teachers/tutoring head on.

Your life to that point...
Ay, upheaval like that in later life can be hard. Not all yer roots get taken to the new place.
You'd not be pulling faces though, or getting sent to yer room.
If there'd been no kids, there'd have been no grandkids.
Nah, you'd not have lasted long in warmer climates. Withered away due to the heat.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
It'll be a damp weekend methinks.
That was good of her, saves you looking.
Hope you said "thank you".

I always say please and thank you, drummed into me as a yunk..

Small 'ut?
You there with yer teachers/tutoring head on.

Your life to that point...
Ay, upheaval like that in later life can be hard. Not all yer roots get taken to the new place.
You'd not be pulling faces though, or getting sent to yer room.
If there'd been no kids, there'd have been no grandkids.
Nah, you'd not have lasted long in warmer climates. Withered away due to the heat.

Nah, abroad would not have suited me, mozzies for a start..
I hate the heat even here..

The main things I miss..
the river, the views, the sunsets, the cycling possibilities.
cycling is okay here but within an hour there I could be on a ferry to new roads ( old ones when I left).
Radio was much better (VHF, UHF)..
got a meteor scatter decode earlier from a german station...
might leave it on overnight....
cheaper beer though....

classic33

Leg End Member
I always say please and thank you, drummed into me as a yunk..

Nah, abroad would not have suited me, mozzies for a start..
I hate the heat even here..

The main things I miss..
the river, the views, the sunsets, the cycling possibilities.
cycling is okay here but within an hour there I could be on a ferry to new roads ( old ones when I left).
Radio was much better (VHF, UHF)..
got a meteor scatter decode earlier from a german station...
might leave it on overnight....
cheaper beer though....
And a clip round yer lughole every time they had to remind you.

You'd miss the midges tho...
That's what I meant, you'd wilt away. In no time. Where would be the fun in that.
Just picture you, there on the hillside admiring the view and you're asked to go the shop. The shop being downhill from where you are...

You thinking about moving back!
Sunsets no good where you are now, or is it what it sets over.
The roads are another matter entirely. Can you not get dropped off somewhere, and cycle home, slowly.
Too much interference from yer surroundings. How far to the nearest ferry now?
Any headed our way that we need worry about. Do you give a three minute warning?
There is that, along with some places making it go further by watering it down.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
And a clip round yer lughole every time they had to remind you.

You'd miss the midges tho...
That's what I meant, you'd wilt away. In no time. Where would be the fun in that.
Just picture you, there on the hillside admiring the view and you're asked to go the shop. The shop being downhill from where you are...

You thinking about moving back!
Sunsets no good where you are now, or is it what it sets over.
The roads are another matter entirely. Can you not get dropped off somewhere, and cycle home, slowly.
Too much interference from yer surroundings. How far to the nearest ferry now?
Any headed our way that we need worry about. Do you give a three minute warning?
There is that, along with some places making it go further by watering it down.

hardly bumped into a midge here,
one BIG advantage..

nah, all my mob within 20 mins max from here,
got granda duties..

21.3 mm today..

Ferry far away :laugh: :laugh:
If you can image those old roman.greek outside theatre things, I'm at the bottom with it getting higher on three sides, I get open horizon for under 90 degrees Eastwards, rotten VHF UHF take off as well, not the best choice for radio either but handy for family stuff, next house will be high up and facing south, pissed at this GCN+ thing too.
I like my cycling esp the pros and cyclocross, don't know how much discovery plus does show...I get all the discovery progs anyway....I would pay if it got the same amount of races as GCN put out....
oh well.

classic33

Leg End Member
hardly bumped into a midge here,
one BIG advantage..

nah, all my mob within 20 mins max from here,
got granda duties..

21.3 mm today..

Ferry far away :laugh: :laugh:
If you can image those old roman.greek outside theatre things, I'm at the bottom with it getting higher on three sides, I get open horizon for under 90 degrees Eastwards, rotten VHF UHF take off as well, not the best choice for radio either but handy for family stuff, next house will be high up and facing south, pissed at this GCN+ thing too.
I like my cycling esp the pros and cyclocross, don't know how much discovery plus does show...I get all the discovery progs anyway....I would pay if it got the same amount of races as GCN put out....
oh well.
Maybe the midges are getting soft!

That 20 minute time by motor vehicle, not bicycle?
Couldn't they have moved closer to you.
You'll be dressing up in a red suit soon as part of yer granpa duties.

I've open horizon, to the south, for less than 90°. Built on a spur, almost at the head of a valley.

Don't know much about what Discovery+ do, other than it's a streaming service. I think!
Cost, don't know as I won't pay for summat that used to be free, just so I could watch it when I wanted to. Recorder for that purpose.
Check online, they might start upping the amount they do show. It comes down to money in the end, how willing are folk to part with their cash.

Bobby Mhor

Guru

I've open horizon, to the south, for less than 90°. Built on a spur, almost at the head of a valley.

Don't know much about what Discovery+ do, other than it's a streaming service. I think!
Cost, don't know as I won't pay for summat that used to be free, just so I could watch it when I wanted to. Recorder for that purpose.
Check online, they might start upping the amount they do show. It comes down to money in the end, how willing are folk to part with their cash.

I've years of experience with the red suit..
veteran of over 20 years in grottos and on the back of the cooncil sleigh (Kubota tractor and trailer with cut out reindeer etc etc)
my own three never recognised their dad when brought to see Santa^_^
The cooncil cut back on what was the best thing they ever did..
we used to have a bucket of dummies after the weeks we did it plus OT so what's not to like, 3 on duty in't grotto, an hour shift then out on the floor...I could tell you stories:eek:
Owdo
Damp start to the new week.
Morning broke earlier on. Hope to have it fixed in time for when it's needed again.

1 mm at the Towers.....

classic33

Leg End Member
I've years of experience with the red suit..
veteran of over 20 years in grottos and on the back of the cooncil sleigh (Kubota tractor and trailer with cut out reindeer etc etc)
my own three never recognised their dad when brought to see Santa^_^
The cooncil cut back on what was the best thing they ever did..
we used to have a bucket of dummies after the weeks we did it plus OT so what's not to like, 3 on duty in't grotto, an hour shift then out on the floor...I could tell you stories:eek:

1 mm at the Towers.....
You get a medal for yer service in the red suit. All those kids telling you what "you" were going to bring them. As you looked lovingly at yer Kubota tractor and trailer, thinking "I'm gonna need summat a lot bigger than that!"
You sound as though you enjoyed yerssen. Did you ever let on to your own, in later life, that it were you?
What did you do with the dummies?
Can you imagine a "council Santa" these days. Saying things like they've had to cut back on the number of reindeer, the price of decent elf's......
Still wakes you up in a cold sweat when you think about it?

Using the very unscientific method of leaving a cup out and checking that, almost empty at five this morning it now runneth over, nearly twelve hours later.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
I'll take your word on that
Owdo though...

You get a medal for yer service in the red suit. All those kids telling you what "you" were going to bring them. As you looked lovingly at yer Kubota tractor and trailer, thinking "I'm gonna need summat a lot bigger than that!"
You sound as though you enjoyed yerssen. Did you ever let on to your own, in later life, that it were you?
What did you do with the dummies?
Can you imagine a "council Santa" these days. Saying things like they've had to cut back on the number of reindeer, the price of decent elf's......
Still wakes you up in a cold sweat when you think about it?

Using the very unscientific method of leaving a cup out and checking that, almost empty at five this morning it now runneth over, nearly twelve hours later.

We used to squeeze four or five weeks of going round all the schools, playgroups, nurseries doing spring bulb planting with the kids to tie in with a spring bulb and crafts show each April, got 2 weeks , one either side collecting the returning exhibits to the aforementioned.
I must ask Mrs M if any photos of the grotto in our local town about, we got just over three weeks of that (sat and Sun and open until 8) so plenty OT.. Dummies , binned at the end..
My three came to see santa and never sussed anything as I said..
I got hoodwinked into doing another area's afternoon visit to a pensioners Xmas do, each person had to come up to speak to Santa, shocked I was and some wandering hands :eek:
myself and the two elves got a half bottle whisky each, still not enough for the trauma I suffered:laugh:
One night just before Xmas, one of the other lads was doing the last (7-8pm) shift and a hen party came in and we all got invites to the pub across the street, Santa just left and never returned until next afternoon....
I got so much fun out of it.....
The thing about out on the 'sleigh' was your arms were aching as every car that passed tooted and waved at you, kids loved it when you drove round the schemes (posh word is estates), this brough so much joy to folk and they stopped it.
We had a new manager start and he asked to meet us at a couple of schools when we did the bulb planting with the kids, he thought it should be published more but they wouldn't let him contact the local paper, somewhere is a video of me, the two elves and a nursery class singing the Barney Song....had lots of fun like that, Mrs M wasn't amused when we had the kids at her nursery class throwing compost about, we always tidied up afterwards.....man, those days were great.

classic33

Leg End Member
We used to squeeze four or five weeks of going round all the schools, playgroups, nurseries doing spring bulb planting with the kids to tie in with a spring bulb and crafts show each April, got 2 weeks , one either side collecting the returning exhibits to the aforementioned.
I must ask Mrs M if any photos of the grotto in our local town about, we got just over three weeks of that (sat and Sun and open until 8) so plenty OT.. Dummies , binned at the end..
My three came to see santa and never sussed anything as I said..
I got hoodwinked into doing another area's afternoon visit to a pensioners Xmas do, each person had to come up to speak to Santa, shocked I was and some wandering hands :eek:
myself and the two elves got a half bottle whisky each, still not enough for the trauma I suffered:laugh:
One night just before Xmas, one of the other lads was doing the last (7-8pm) shift and a hen party came in and we all got invites to the pub across the street, Santa just left and never returned until next afternoon....
I got so much fun out of it.....
The thing about out on the 'sleigh' was your arms were aching as every car that passed tooted and waved at you, kids loved it when you drove round the schemes (posh word is estates), this brough so much joy to folk and they stopped it.
We had a new manager start and he asked to meet us at a couple of schools when we did the bulb planting with the kids, he thought it should be published more but they wouldn't let him contact the local paper, somewhere is a video of me, the two elves and a nursery class singing the Barney Song....had lots of fun like that, Mrs M wasn't amused when we had the kids at her nursery class throwing compost about, we always tidied up afterwards.....man, those days were great.
You weren't dressed as Santa doing the spring planting were you. They might have felt there was something not quite right there.
Just think, Santa pleased at the overtime rate of pay. A sign of Christmas yet to come. Where a carrot for Rudolph, and a mince pie for Santa just wouldn't be enough to cut it.
How many of the presents asked for at the pensioners Christmas party would you have been able to get.
Half a bottle given to Santa, who'd drunk the half that were missing.
All three of you appeared in the same bar. You didn't confuse folk did you. Pictures of Santa at a hen party now bouncing around inside my head. Not a good thing...
Sounds as though you enjoyed yourself. Even if your arms did hurt afterwards.
Can you imagine driving yer sleigh round the same roads now!
Be careful with those photos, there may be some that would be suitable for "blackmail" purposes. As in the kids should see these.
Sounds about right, "local council workers get schools involved in planting scheme", positive press that'd maybe shame those higher up not allowed.
Find it and make out you captured Santa and his elves of camera to the Young 'Un. Watch his face.
You made certain to tell them that they were all on your naughty list for throwing things around, I hope.

You'll have to get the suit on again this year. Relive those days of fun.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
You weren't dressed as Santa doing the spring planting were you. They might have felt there was something not quite right there.
Just think, Santa pleased at the overtime rate of pay. A sign of Christmas yet to come. Where a carrot for Rudolph, and a mince pie for Santa just wouldn't be enough to cut it.
How many of the presents asked for at the pensioners Christmas party would you have been able to get.
Half a bottle given to Santa, who'd drunk the half that were missing.
All three of you appeared in the same bar. You didn't confuse folk did you. Pictures of Santa at a hen party now bouncing around inside my head. Not a good thing...
Sounds as though you enjoyed yourself. Even if your arms did hurt afterwards.
Can you imagine driving yer sleigh round the same roads now!
Be careful with those photos, there may be some that would be suitable for "blackmail" purposes. As in the kids should see these.
Sounds about right, "local council workers get schools involved in planting scheme", positive press that'd maybe shame those higher up not allowed.
Find it and make out you captured Santa and his elves of camera to the Young 'Un. Watch his face.
You made certain to tell them that they were all on your naughty list for throwing things around, I hope.

You'll have to get the suit on again this year. Relive those days of fun.

Yo ho ho..

no more of that..
thinking about it, that was a long long time ago..

Presents ? the females were the worst..
I wasn't ready for that lot...
chapel pensioners group too.

Drivers would probably be too grumpy about it all today...

Top Bottom