Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Ever sneak aboard any of the vessels, visit the torpedo range...? Get caught!!
In the brig had to be a good excuse for missing school, and it'd have been Classified so you'd not have been able to tell anyone why.
The Scottish ports were well known for easy access to the North Atlantic, and safe harbour.
Weren't the British Home Fleet stationed in Scottish waters. Engineer W R Kinipple', they really knew how to pick their engineers back then.

On holiday in Japan for a week. Two days travelling either way. Hope the gin worth the travelling she did to get it.
No rock, how will you manage.

You still got the Brownie?

Nah..
'Boom' boats were stationed at another quay and we used to know some of the lads on them, many a plate of hot grub came our way as we fished off the quay, a couple of cod to cover any food..

Got caught attempting to climb up this...
titan.jpg

plus
no cranes now.jpg

Hideout well gone....

Still naval bases up in some of the west coast lochs..
First world war was Scapa Flow..
trivia Mrs M grandad was a Gaelic speaking chaplain at Scapa....

classic33

Leg End Member
Nah..
'Boom' boats were stationed at another quay and we used to know some of the lads on them, many a plate of hot grub came our way as we fished off the quay, a couple of cod to cover any food..

Got caught attempting to climb up this...
View attachment 707994

plus
View attachment 707995
Hideout well gone....

Still naval bases up in some of the west coast lochs..
First world war was Scapa Flow..
trivia Mrs M grandad was a Gaelic speaking chaplain at Scapa....
Anti torpedo nets to stop anything coming in underwater, and you just strolled in at ground level.
Share and share alike. Cold hard cod for hot food seems a decent exchange.

You never got to the cab?
Sorry to see yer den gone. There's still the memories, they can't remove them. At least not legally.

There can't have been many still speaking Gaelic in them days, on a English speaking base.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Anti torpedo nets to stop anything coming in underwater, and you just strolled in at ground level.
Share and share alike. Cold hard cod for hot food seems a decent exchange.

You never got to the cab?
Sorry to see yer den gone. There's still the memories, they can't remove them. At least not legally.

There can't have been many still speaking Gaelic in them days, on a English speaking base.

He was the minister in a local church....
Gaelic was still a thing up N and still is in parts,
Sadly we aren't like the welsh and promote it enough plus lots of incomers up N..
got out of that without displaying my true feelings :laugh:

The concrete 'works' has been there for quite a time, I did occasionally cycle through the dock but far too many open rails and cobbles. Fences flung up everywhere and only one entrance so just an odd look down.

Probably mentioned before, during ww2, the boom extended across from a lighthouse at Cloch to Dunoon, just over 2 miles and a Uboat tried to get through and drop off Otto Rahn (one of the supposed inspirations for Indiana Jones) who was going to search for the Holy Grail in the nearby triangle of Houston, Kilmacolm and Bridge of Weir allegedly..an area heavy with Templar activity. Who really knows?
There was an incident in '74 that a Russki sub and an US sub 'collided' in the estuary....

classic33

Leg End Member
Sadly we aren't like the welsh and promote it enough plus lots of incomers up N..

The concrete 'works' has been there for quite a time, I did occasionally cycle through the dock but far too many open rails and cobbles. Fences flung up everywhere and only one entrance so just an odd look down.

Probably mentioned before, during ww2, the boom extended across from a lighthouse at Cloch to Dunoon, just over 2 miles and a Uboat tried to get through and drop off Otto Rahn (one of the supposed inspirations for Indiana Jones) who was going to search for the Holy Grail in the nearby triangle of Houston, Kilmacolm and Bridge of Weir allegedly..an area heavy with Templar activity. Who really knows?
There was an incident in '74 that a Russki sub and an US sub 'collided' in the estuary....
Nowt wrong with that.
That'd be like travelling to the west coast of Ireland, round Galway more so. The use of Gaelic is there, but it's not as common as it used to be. The younger ones don't seem to be interested in it. And they're taught it in school. Place names on signs nearly always have the Gaelic equivalent.
What's wrong with your displaying your "true feelings"? No point in hiding them away in a drawer, only checking them every now and then.

Not to mention the tracks for the cranes, possibly railway tracks as well. Imagine getting yet wheel stuck in them with a crane behind you. You could have trained on those cobbles, ready for the tour!

I take it you don't put much stock in stories of the knights templar. Local legend has a German officer at a POW camp escaping from the work detail, being found in the parish church and returned to the camp. He'd returned with the head of John the Baptist, wrapped in cloth. Upon his return, non of the other POW's would talk to him. He later disappeared taking the head, and cloth, with him.

They both drive on the wrong side anyway, what else would you expect?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Nowt wrong with that.
That'd be like travelling to the west coast of Ireland, round Galway more so. The use of Gaelic is there, but it's not as common as it used to be. The younger ones don't seem to be interested in it. And they're taught it in school. Place names on signs nearly always have the Gaelic equivalent.
What's wrong with your displaying your "true feelings"? No point in hiding them away in a drawer, only checking them every now and then.

Not to mention the tracks for the cranes, possibly railway tracks as well. Imagine getting yet wheel stuck in them with a crane behind you. You could have trained on those cobbles, ready for the tour!

I take it you don't put much stock in stories of the knights templar. Local legend has a German officer at a POW camp escaping from the work detail, being found in the parish church and returned to the camp. He'd returned with the head of John the Baptist, wrapped in cloth. Upon his return, non of the other POW's would talk to him. He later disappeared taking the head, and cloth, with him.

' Arold MacMillan was probably before his time when he said we never had it so good, he must have known the '00s and onwards were coming.....
It's madness out there....
there seems to a group formed against anything...
The dock still has the original cobbles the last I was down..
a busy place at one time..
next time through, will take a wee quick tour
Changed days, no one up our tenement had a car...
taxi had to be booked ..
I'd pass the audition to be an old git:cuppa:

classic33

Leg End Member
' Arold MacMillan was probably before his time when he said we never had it so good, he must have known the '00s and onwards were coming.....
It's madness out there....
there seems to a group formed against anything...
The dock still has the original cobbles the last I was down..
a busy place at one time..
next time through, will take a wee quick tour
Changed days, no one up our tenement had a car...
taxi had to be booked ..
I'd pass the audition to be an old git:cuppa:
Probably why he's not around to see them, he'd not be disappointed.
It'll not get any better soon...
Thinking of starting your own?
Why pull up a perfectly usable surface. Spending money on removing and replacing them.
You'll just order your chauffer to take you through on a site seeing tour.
Who could afford one back then.
Still have to book a taxi, round here at least.
I can be a reference if you want/require one!

classic33

Leg End Member

Nowt wrong with that.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Probably why he's not around to see them, he'd not be disappointed.
It'll not get any better soon...
Thinking of starting your own?
Why pull up a perfectly usable surface. Spending money on removing and replacing them.
You'll just order your chauffer to take you through on a site seeing tour.
Who could afford one back then.
Still have to book a taxi, round here at least.
I can be a reference if you want/require one!
Think Roubaix has a flatter surface, these were very old chunky cobbles, not yer usual town sized ones.
Have no plans to head through but I guess sometime in the near future.
The bulk of the UK sugar came through that dock, feeding large sugarhouses in Greenock.
None left now, all moved down south in the carnage a certain bitch who was not for turning caused up here...
Nowt wrong with that.

Used to hoover up all the Templar books etc before the internet,
it's just spiralled out of control with every Tom, Dick, harry spinning their version.
and i still haven't visited Rosslyn Priory yet...
must remedy and exercise my discounted entry money..

Toodles here so gotta be quiet ...

classic33

Leg End Member
Think Roubaix has a flatter surface, these were very old chunky cobbles, not yer usual town sized ones.
Have no plans to head through but I guess sometime in the near future.
The bulk of the UK sugar came through that dock, feeding large sugarhouses in Greenock.
None left now, all moved down south in the carnage a certain bitch who was not for turning caused up here...

Used to hoover up all the Templar books etc before the internet,
it's just spiralled out of control with every Tom, Dick, harry spinning their version.
and i still haven't visited Rosslyn Priory yet...
must remedy and exercise my discounted entry money..

Toodles here so gotta be quiet ...
That's why it'd be such good training. Ride on those with only a few problems and you'd have none in the tour.
The old delivery yard type, placement for four feet first, wheels second.
If you do return, expect yer heart to be broken. It'll be nothing like you remembered it, and there'll be no attempts at climbing the dockside cranes.

You had sugarhouses! You ever break a piece off?
Liverpool used to get a fair bit of the international trade. Now it's surviving on past glories.

There's a few Templar connections round these parts. From individual houses, to Temple Newsam over Leeds way. One time largest Templar property in middle England.
There seems to be at least one new one every six months or so. There's the corn carved into the stonework, and in one of the windows.

Don't tap on the keyboard so hard then!

Bobby Mhor

Guru
That's why it'd be such good training. Ride on those with only a few problems and you'd have none in the tour.
The old delivery yard type, placement for four feet first, wheels second.
If you do return, expect yer heart to be broken. It'll be nothing like you remembered it, and there'll be no attempts at climbing the dockside cranes.

You had sugarhouses! You ever break a piece off?
Liverpool used to get a fair bit of the international trade. Now it's surviving on past glories.

There's a few Templar connections round these parts. From individual houses, to Temple Newsam over Leeds way. One time largest Templar property in middle England.
There seems to be at least one new one every six months or so. There's the corn carved into the stonework, and in one of the windows.

Don't tap on the keyboard so hard then!

I watched a GCN bloke doing a revue on a cheapo e-bike but not smooth through cobbles but don't think I'd be haring on them anyway.
Think I might be looking at a conversion, fancy this one

Greenock, as mentioned is the nearest deep water port to NA, built a container terminal which was so successful that the ports down south and (the government ) conspired to feck it up, containers were landed and almost delivered before they hit the ports down south. Now a faint shadow of itself.....

Scotland is rich in templar stuff as Bruce etc welcomed those on the run(m0ve), (allegedly backup at Bannockburn).
More than likely they were another lot who got to NA before ole Chris stepped on that sandy beach, the Vikings definitely did..
After yer Man Wilson, my next foray is another look at the Franklin expedition to find the passage and funnily it is what they 'passed' which is now telling them where they camped:wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
I watched a GCN bloke doing a revue on a cheapo e-bike but not smooth through cobbles but don't think I'd be haring on them anyway.
Think I might be looking at a conversion, fancy this one

Greenock, as mentioned is the nearest deep water port to NA, built a container terminal which was so successful that the ports down south and (the government ) conspired to feck it up, containers were landed and almost delivered before they hit the ports down south. Now a faint shadow of itself.....

Scotland is rich in templar stuff as Bruce etc welcomed those on the run(m0ve), (allegedly backup at Bannockburn).
More than likely they were another lot who got to NA before ole Chris stepped on that sandy beach, the Vikings definitely did..
After yer Man Wilson, my next foray is another look at the Franklin expedition to find the passage and funnily it is what they 'passed' which is now telling them where they camped:wacko:

You thinking of getting one of those Yorkshire eee-bikes!
Nah, you'd miss the pedalling, the sweat, the tears...

Hull and other east coast ports lost out to the southern end of this island. Next on the list may be Holyhead.

Why not accept help from the first bankers. They could have charged the English forces, more than just on the battlefield.
Saint Brendan was there before the Vikings. Although old Chris is said to have sailed under Templar protection to North America.
You going to go looking for the North West Passage, after your research.
An e-assist bike could come in handy for that. Just make certain you take a solar charger.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
So you were, nifty timing on your part.
Nursie was more than pleased with me
You thinking of getting one of those Yorkshire eee-bikes!
Nah, you'd miss the pedalling, the sweat, the tears...

Hull and other east coast ports lost out to the southern end of this island. Next on the list may be Holyhead.

Why not accept help from the first bankers. They could have charged the English forces, more than just on the battlefield.
Saint Brendan was there before the Vikings. Although old Chris is said to have sailed under Templar protection to North America.
You going to go looking for the North West Passage, after your research.
An e-assist bike could come in handy for that. Just make certain you take a solar charger.
Listen mush..
I'm in a hilly area..
I'm not exactly built like the average pro, more two put together :laugh:
A wee assist occasionally would be welcome
If I were stay to the more gentle local stuff, I'd be bored out my tree (not an Acer type)...
I could maybe mix it up a bit or I could just do some nearby stuff with Mrs M and the bike in the car and do some further out stuff.....
as long as a garden centre is in the area..
I'll have a shuffty.
Thing is my tyres are 700x35 and would like to keep that setup...
don't want to go back to knobblies
Usual place tonight..

classic33

Leg End Member
Nursie was more than pleased with me

Listen mush..
I'm in a hilly area..
I'm not exactly built like the average pro, more two put together :laugh:
A wee assist occasionally would be welcome
If I were stay to the more gentle local stuff, I'd be bored out my tree (not an Acer type)...
I could maybe mix it up a bit or I could just do some nearby stuff with Mrs M and the bike in the car and do some further out stuff.....
as long as a garden centre is in the area..
I'll have a shuffty.
Thing is my tyres are 700x35 and would like to keep that setup...
don't want to go back to knobblies
Usual place tonight..
Something else going on?
Do you have time for anything else. There's only so much time per day you know.

Just pointing out what tha'd be missing, just to try and help you weigh up the pro's and con's of it. Before forking any money out.
Not much flat stuff round here. Unless you get on t'tops, go down the Valley or east/west first. You'd love some of the top roads round here, anything worth seeing is either uphill or downhill from the roads. Very little on the same level.
Spare new front wheel build?
Could go even further with that bit of extra help, or come back from further afield if the car takes the strain on the outward leg.
Scout Hut?

Top Bottom