Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Was telling climbing (ex) pal about it on Friday, noted to read...
Age has slowed me down..
trying to work up the enthusiasm to go hunting once dusk falls..
I just remembered I've blog stuff to finish off, this'll be fun..
the to do list is getting bigger
Well I'll let you know what I think of it, as and when I read it and when ive finished it.
You sure it's only age that's slowed you down? Not a bigger list of what you're doing.
You been stopped whilst out and about at night, and had to explain what you were doing yet? Did they believe you?
Will that be on the same blog as your other stuff.
Use larger writing on yer list!
No need to thank me for that helpful bit of information.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Well I'll let you know what I think of it, as and when I read it and when ive finished it.
You sure it's only age that's slowed you down? Not a bigger list of what you're doing.
You been stopped whilst out and about at night, and had to explain what you were doing yet? Did they believe you?
Will that be on the same blog as your other stuff.
Use larger writing on yer list!
No need to thank me for that helpful bit of information.

IMG_0363.jpg

Nice out...
phone camera so not a true representation of moon size...
one or two about, soprano pipistrelles..
might try another couple of times then retire for the winter...

Think the detector could explain things..
too busy hiding out the road if any sense.

Cold drink incoming

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 708347
Nice out...
phone camera so not a true representation of moon size...
one or two about, soprano pipistrelles..
might try another couple of times then retire for the winter...

Think the detector could explain things..
too busy hiding out the road if any sense.

Cold drink incoming
Looks it in the photo...
Why'd the moon be a different size on yer phone?
A couple more nights, then you'll be hibernating till we get warner weather?

Let's see, you get stopped carrying something you say is a bat detector, with which you intend hunting bats with. Would they let you get any further with yer explanation/answer.
Plenty of empty roads round these parts. Some where you'd be mad to go at night, especially on yer own. You'll often find me on such roads.

Apple juice again!

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Looks it in the photo...
Why'd the moon be a different size on yer phone?
A couple more nights, then you'll be hibernating till we get warner weather?

Let's see, you get stopped carrying something you say is a bat detector, with which you intend hunting bats with. Would they let you get any further with yer explanation/answer.
Plenty of empty roads round these parts. Some where you'd be mad to go at night, especially on yer own. You'll often find me on such roads.

Apple juice again!

I look mad professorish..
plenty other folk wandering about..
two shining torches into tree areas..
vampire hunters?
Become a card carrying bat club member..
Batgirl was my sidekick, accessory to the fact....
:cuppa:, scanting as we say oop here..

classic33

Leg End Member
I look mad professorish..
plenty other folk wandering about..
two shining torches into tree areas..
vampire hunters?
Become a card carrying bat club member..
Batgirl was my sidekick, accessory to the fact....
:cuppa:, scanting as we say oop here..
Anything like Doc Brown?
They might be the reason you're not finding/seeing/hearing that many bats. It's too busy for them.
Next time you see them, offer them some holy water, or a stake. They say "No, we have those" you'll know for certain. You should be safe, unless....
Might work, as long as you alwt have the card with you.
Mrs Mhor knows about Batgirl?
The pair of you go round pulling folks trout down, before disappearing into the darkness!!

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
You sure about that first part!

Anything like Doc Brown?
They might be the reason you're not finding/seeing/hearing that many bats. It's too busy for them.
Next time you see them, offer them some holy water, or a stake. They say "No, we have those" you'll know for certain. You should be safe, unless....
Might work, as long as you alwt have the card with you.
Mrs Mhor knows about Batgirl?
The pair of you go round pulling folks trout down, before disappearing into the darkness!!

Nah....
normally only about two or three show in that area.. got some better spots lined up for next year.
Thought of a nearby down the farm jaunt but Beag is here..
maybe tomorrow night, even Alexa has been warning me of biblical floods coming our way.. forgot what day though.(Wed to Fri apparently)
Got some garden stuff bound for the local tip so best get it away whilst its reasonably dry to lift..
oop early, book a spot and send Mrs M..
Last big sunny face...
IMG_0365a.jpg

That bee looked a bit all over the place

classic33

Leg End Member
Nah....
normally only about two or three show in that area.. got some better spots lined up for next year.
Thought of a nearby down the farm jaunt but Beag is here..
maybe tomorrow night, even Alexa has been warning me of biblical floods coming our way.. forgot what day though.(Wed to Fri apparently)
Got some garden stuff bound for the local tip so best get it away whilst its reasonably dry to lift..
oop early, book a spot and send Mrs M..
Last big sunny face...
View attachment 708601
That bee looked a bit all over the place
You disappoint me! The mad scientist look could suit you on your nighttime field trips.
That few. I see more outside the house in the early hours, most nights.
Beag before bats, every time!
You'll have your boat ready for when the flood waters reach your house. Yer rubbish won't float away in any flood waters, save you going to the tip. And you might end up with someone else's rubbish when the flood water subside.
You trust Alexa's forecasts!!

Still the case of it's you going when Da Boss drives through the gates?

What bee, nice looking sunflower though.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
You disappoint me! The mad scientist look could suit you on your nighttime field trips.
That few. I see more outside the house in the early hours, most nights.
Beag before bats, every time!
You'll have your boat ready for when the flood waters reach your house. Yer rubbish won't float away in any flood waters, save you going to the tip. And you might end up with someone else's rubbish when the flood water subside.
You trust Alexa's forecasts!!

Still the case of it's you going when Da Boss drives through the gates?

What bee, nice looking sunflower though.

The 'Albert' look?
nah, I'd have to pay..
Interesting story behind that..
those who 'own' his image rights' got laughed out most US courts and mugs like over still pay..
apparently no one knew how they acquired the rights...

Sunflower has a reet smiley face, bee is on the left seedhead near the top of it...
sad for it to be the last, some smallish ones but none as bright....

classic33

Leg End Member
The 'Albert' look?
nah, I'd have to pay..
Interesting story behind that..
those who 'own' his image rights' got laughed out most US courts and mugs like over still pay..
apparently no one knew how they acquired the rights...

Sunflower has a reet smiley face, bee is on the left seedhead near the top of it...
sad for it to be the last, some smallish ones but none as bright....
Summat more like this
1696324826219.png

Went from his family into private hands, University of Jerusalem(I cheated, I looked the name up).
A rather broad interpretation of his will is what got them.

On viewing the picture on something bigger than a small phone, the bee is just about visible. Doesn't stand out much against the yellow background.
Growing season is nearly over, more next year?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Summat more like this
View attachment 708645
Went from his family into private hands, University of Jerusalem(I cheated, I looked the name up).
A rather broad interpretation of his will is what got them.

On viewing the picture on something bigger than a small phone, the bee is just about visible. Doesn't stand out much against the yellow background.
Growing season is nearly over, more next year?

sadly can't rock that look..
I can do the mad patter though..

Sunflowers?
I do lots, bring them on from seed...
sweet peas, this year I got a batch (around 50 three - four inch plants) from Dobbies) I normally bring them on from seed, asters were grown from a free bag of seeds and boomed this year. I might try rudbeckia and one or two others(will see what i have in seed box)..
Everything is trough or pots.
Sadly the mag who supplied my 'free' seed is closing, I know I pay for the mag (at a good subscription rate), oh well.
I fried some bacon and cabbage earlier and chopped a home grown (wee) red chili in amongst it, it certainly added a spiciness to it.
A mere 45,000 on the scoville chart...
Doing the mini chili plants again and maybe a couple of sweet pepper ones, hopefully work out the dropped flower problem...

classic33

Leg End Member
sadly can't rock that look..
I can do the mad patter though..

Sunflowers?
I do lots, bring them on from seed...
sweet peas, this year I got a batch (around 50 three - four inch plants) from Dobbies) I normally bring them on from seed, asters were grown from a free bag of seeds and boomed this year. I might try rudbeckia and one or two others(will see what i have in seed box)..
Everything is trough or pots.
Sadly the mag who supplied my 'free' seed is closing, I know I pay for the mag (at a good subscription rate), oh well.
I fried some bacon and cabbage earlier and chopped a home grown (wee) red chili in amongst it, it certainly added a spiciness to it.
A mere 45,000 on the scoville chart...
Doing the mini chili plants again and maybe a couple of sweet pepper ones, hopefully work out the dropped flower problem...
Would a wig help?

Grow them for their flowers or do you do anything else with them.
What were yer pea yield this year.
The magazine found paper expensive and with dwindling numbers called it a day, shame they couldn't have gone down to electronic version. It'd have been the end of the seeds still.
Bubble and squeak?
Only 45,000
Mini mean hotter?

Top Bottom