Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not a power junkie...
I'm allowed 400 watts
I'm in low tens, very low..
Surprising how even 500mW can get you, there is a mode called WSPR
which I occasionally do but not as much now, I'll go down to 500mW although 5W is normal but due to my awfy inefficient antenna, 5w doesn't go out the wire, it is more like 3 at a push..
I originally built the antenna to go out portable, it's commonly known as a 'Rybakov', 9m fishing pole (fibreglass), I hadn't done anything for HF when I first moved in and thought this'll do just now (less the pole and it's still there..
I'm being summoned..
Think you mentioned before you weren't power hungry.
With more power comes the need to pay "them" more to use it. Forgot about power restrictions.
The other side of the world! Ever had anything from out of this world, there's enough up there to listen to.
Could you have managed carrying it all if it were fully portable in use.
Plead "Not Guilty".

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Think you mentioned before you weren't power hungry.
With more power comes the need to pay "them" more to use it. Forgot about power restrictions.
The other side of the world! Ever had anything from out of this world, there's enough up there to listen to.
Could you have managed carrying it all if it were fully portable in use.
Plead "Not Guilty".

They are proposing 1kw for us full licences.....
I have activated almost 70 'marilyns' including Scafell Pike, Snowdon and much higher Scots hills carrying up my VHF kit which is the same weight as my HF portable kit, I prefer working VHF if I'm sitting on a summit, I would get the same HF contacts sitting at the bottom of the hill.
Got a 'fairy' visit with only .4 mile left of this
LLHT.jpg

Looks great (it was) but it's almost apart from the loch most of the time...
I just cycled most of the rest on my flat front....
I'll fix it tomorrow....

classic33

Leg End Member
They are proposing 1kw for us full licences.....
I have activated almost 70 'marilyns' including Scafell Pike, Snowdon and much higher Scots hills carrying up my VHF kit which is the same weight as my HF portable kit, I prefer working VHF if I'm sitting on a summit, I would get the same HF contacts sitting at the bottom of the hill.
Got a 'fairy' visit with only .4 mile left of this
View attachment 703861
Looks great (it was) but it's almost apart from the loch most of the time...
I just cycled most of the rest on my flat front....
I'll fix it tomorrow....
And the cost to you and others like you, if they do increase it?
Not that heavy then. Just thought with it being a base station it might be heavier.
You've upset them! A trip to the land of milk and honey may be in order to appease them.

Not bad. Take it it's not at or near the waters edge all the way round.
Didn't you consider doing a wheelie!
Tonight, you'll need it first thing to appease them.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
And the cost to you and others like you, if they do increase it?
Not that heavy then. Just thought with it being a base station it might be heavier.
You've upset them! A trip to the land of milk and honey may be in order to appease them.

Not bad. Take it it's not at or near the waters edge all the way round.
Didn't you consider doing a wheelie!
Tonight, you'll need it first thing to appease them.

We have lightning, flash, bang and wallop..
four seconds between flash and rumble....

Nah, a lot of woodland stuff..
did catch this....
IMG_0281copy.jpeg

Those daring young folk in their flying machines....
I did slowly make my way on the flat..
have a stone stuck in tyre, I'll get it in the morning..
a few cyclists passed but no enquiries to my distress....

I used to use a FT817 plus a 7ah battery, later a 3.5AH alarm battery but now on 4m and 2m activations I use handhelds....3 of...plus telescopic fishing pole 6m for mast, a 3 element cubical quad beam plus all sorts of extras, mandatory OS maps, compass, whistles and extra clothing etc etc....
two bottles water, rucksack is a fair weight...
Scout Hut maybe....

classic33

Leg End Member
We have lightning, flash, bang and wallop..
four seconds between flash and rumble....

Nah, a lot of woodland stuff..
did catch this....
View attachment 703878
Those daring young folk in their flying machines....
I did slowly make my way on the flat..
have a stone stuck in tyre, I'll get it in the morning..
a few cyclists passed but no enquiries to my distress....

I used to use a FT817 plus a 7ah battery, later a 3.5AH alarm battery but now on 4m and 2m activations I use handhelds....3 of...plus telescopic fishing pole 6m for mast, a 3 element cubical quad beam plus all sorts of extras, mandatory OS maps, compass, whistles and extra clothing etc etc....
two bottles water, rucksack is a fair weight...
Scout Hut maybe....
Are you listening to the sound of the falling rain as well.
Under a mile! Hope you sought shelter as per recommend when the count is less than 15.

The scenic route!
Would they ever get you up in one of them.
New tube time methinks...
So much for the unwritten rule about offering help to a fellow cyclist.

Three handhelds at the same time. All tuned to different frequencies I hope.
All the stuff for a walk in the wild and lonely moors, just in case...
Maybe. You don't know yet.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Are you listening to the sound of the falling rain as well.
Under a mile! Hope you sought shelter as per recommend when the count is less than 15.

The scenic route!
Would they ever get you up in one of them.
New tube time methinks...
So much for the unwritten rule about offering help to a fellow cyclist.

Three handhelds at the same time. All tuned to different frequencies I hope.
All the stuff for a walk in the wild and lonely moors, just in case...
Maybe. You don't know yet.

I was, 11.1mm it ended up,
quite a few flashes of crash, bang and wallop though.
All gone soon after.

Yeah, disappointing TBH, I always offer to help if I can, my spare tubes will at least get a most hybrids or MB home, sorry road bikes...
tool kit also carried..
the crazy thing was my upper body and arms took a pounding from the stony part of the ride, legs are okay..
once done, I did intend of returning and doing it in reverse but nah, I'll move to somewhere else.

Two 2m handies plus one 4m FM one.....
enough for an activation...
saves the alarm 12v battery and a radio but as I said I can work HF just the same at the bottom of the hill, I'm more of a VHF/UHF but I'm in the worst place to be in, handy for family but not radio LOL.
I'm off, bust day tomorrow...

classic33

Leg End Member
I was, 11.1mm it ended up,
quite a few flashes of crash, bang and wallop though.
All gone soon after.

Yeah, disappointing TBH, I always offer to help if I can, my spare tubes will at least get a most hybrids or MB home, sorry road bikes...
tool kit also carried..
the crazy thing was my upper body and arms took a pounding from the stony part of the ride, legs are okay..
once done, I did intend of returning and doing it in reverse but nah, I'll move to somewhere else.

Two 2m handies plus one 4m FM one.....
enough for an activation...
saves the alarm 12v battery and a radio but as I said I can work HF just the same at the bottom of the hill, I'm more of a VHF/UHF but I'm in the worst place to be in, handy for family but not radio LOL.
I'm off, bust day tomorrow...
Nothing like that here, yet!
You get any pictures?

I've always asked, unless they already have plenty of help.
Sore arms due to yer visit?
How about the area at the top of the legs?
Tell them you'll have to move, again, and why. They should be understanding.
Didn't you check the area before moving, you'd have the estate agent wondering, at the least.

Tomorrow hasn't got here and you've already broken it. Enjoy it anyway.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Nothing like that here, yet!
You get any pictures?

I've always asked, unless they already have plenty of help.
Sore arms due to yer visit?
How about the area at the top of the legs?
Tell them you'll have to move, again, and why. They should be understanding.
Didn't you check the area before moving, you'd have the estate agent wondering, at the least.

Tomorrow hasn't got here and you've already broken it. Enjoy it anyway.

Achy uppers after bouncing about too much, I'd the tyres at road pressures. I should have let some out.
Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy...
most time I cycled on the very narrow whin dust at the side of the path, it was like a mini paris roubaix :laugh:

Not worth unless it's dark, just a quick flash then a bang.
It moved away quickly NE.

Nice start..

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Good morning:hello:
Time for lazy me to mend my fairy visit , a :cuppa: first...
Mrs M had been waiting and looked serious when I arrived but then burst out laughing, bless her, as I thought of throwing a kid on wobbler..
*hit happens...

classic33

Leg End Member
Achy uppers after bouncing about too much, I'd the tyres at road pressures. I should have let some out.
Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy...
most time I cycled on the very narrow whin dust at the side of the path, it was like a mini paris roubaix :laugh:

Not worth unless it's dark, just a quick flash then a bang.
It moved away quickly NE.

Nice start..
Other than that you're ready to go again. Just as soon as you've seen to that wheel.
You sound as though you were shaking up a bit, you've no loose parts? Be honest, you were transported to the breakaway group, ahead of the main peleton...

You remember that picture you took with the odd coloured sky...

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning:hello:
Time for lazy me to mend my fairy visit , a :cuppa: first...
Mrs M had been waiting and looked serious when I arrived but then burst out laughing, bless her, as I thought of throwing a kid on wobbler..
*hit happens...
Owdo
You didn't do it in your sleep! Could you not fix it while having yer cuppa, or is it a ruse to have another cuppa.
You entered the room with only your trousers on?
Hope it's nowt serious.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Other than that you're ready to go again. Just as soon as you've seen to that wheel.
You sound as though you were shaking up a bit, you've no loose parts? Be honest, you were transported to the breakaway group, ahead of the main peleton...

You remember that picture you took with the odd coloured sky...
Breakaway?
maybe a biscuit or so..
No suspension on poor Polly..
Sky?
Owdo
You didn't do it in your sleep! Could you not fix it while having yer cuppa, or is it a ruse to have another cuppa.
You entered the room with only your trousers on?
Hope it's nowt serious.
Reminds me, I better nip down and see if tyre still up...
a day for odd jobs, latch on side gate, wooden plant thingy on outside wall as one I originally put up isn't enough for a clematis then I'd a white unit shelf thingy to build< I hate doing units...
catching up on early morning game, tonight's at 2110 I think...

classic33

Leg End Member
Breakaway?
maybe a biscuit or so..
No suspension on poor Polly..
Sky?

Reminds me, I better nip down and see if tyre still up...
a day for odd jobs, latch on side gate, wooden plant thingy on outside wall as one I originally put up isn't enough for a clematis then I'd a white unit shelf thingy to build< I hate doing units...
catching up on early morning game, tonight's at 2110 I think...
Aye, from the peloton. The main body in a race such as the Parid - Roubaix that you felt you were in.
Custard Cream or digestive?
Pity Poor Polly. The wind taken out of one of her tyres...
You remember this sky, don't you.
https://www.cyclechat.net/attachments/img_0246-jpeg.702847/

You don't trust your own work, or worse than you thought.
None of them are that odd.
You finish the unit build, with the minimum of cursing.
Early morning game on at night!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I used to use a FT817 plus a 7ah battery, later a 3.5AH alarm battery but now on 4m and 2m activations I use handhelds....

I still use my ft817, it's quite elderly as radios go, but works adequately. I was hoping to find some time to get an EFHW tuned for 20m and possibly 40m but the one evening I managed to get out with the mast I was bogged down with phone calls so abandoned the idea. Hope everyone is well! :cuppa:

classic33

Leg End Member
I still use my ft817, it's quite elderly as radios go, but works adequately. I was hoping to find some time to get an EFHW tuned for 20m and possibly 40m but the one evening I managed to get out with the mast I was bogged down with phone calls so abandoned the idea. Hope everyone is well! :cuppa:
Maybe you two could agree a time and try and contact each other. You might get lucky!

Noticed you're on here the odd time. Hope you're okay yourself.

Top Bottom