Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo

Off shopping?

I bet you still enjoyed the views though.
Those steps ruined what was a decent walk. It's now more like a walk in a shopping centre than a mountain.
Being served by a railway makes driving up easier than most hills. Get the timing wrong and you could be doing a fair bit of reversing.
Just think, two years ago there were a three hour wait on those steps to get to the summit.
Could you understand them, or did you get lost in the tune?
There'll always be another chance to watch a bike race near there.

Spare day!
You visit another country and plan a day where you do nothing.

Read the blog post :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The plan was three hills, Snowdon, next was the one which had been recently categorised as being over 2,000 ft ASL (Tal-Y-Fan?) and we had a jaunt up Holyhead Mountain, Thurs was to be the spare day which was the day the Tour (of Britain) stage finished in Llanberis so technically we'd something to do.
I was down '18 or '19 with Mrs M and I cycled round Anglesey (read the posts:laugh::laugh:), there's enough banality there to cure an insomniac:ohmy:

Off to find some bike racing or more cave exploration.....

classic33

Leg End Member
Read the blog post :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The plan was three hills, Snowdon, next was the one which had been recently categorised as being over 2,000 ft ASL (Tal-Y-Fan?) and we had a jaunt up Holyhead Mountain, Thurs was to be the spare day which was the day the Tour (of Britain) stage finished in Llanberis so technically we'd something to do.
I was down '18 or '19 with Mrs M and I cycled round Anglesey (read the posts:laugh::laugh:), there's enough banality there to cure an insomniac:ohmy:

Off to find some bike racing or more cave exploration.....
I'm going to have to, now more than before.
Three hills! Would you have been going down more than half their height on the planned journey.

A spare day with nowt planned, but you were going to watch the race go by. Couldn't you have just put yer feet up for the day.
Along with the really good bits, there'll be bits that aren't as exciting. The same as almost any written work.

Go cave exploring! It'll be more exciting.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
I'm going to have to, now more than before.
Three hills! Would you have been going down more than half their height on the planned journey.

A spare day with nowt planned, but you were going to watch the race go by. Couldn't you have just put yer feet up for the day.
Along with the really good bits, there'll be bits that aren't as exciting. The same as almost any written work.

Go cave exploring! It'll be more exciting.

No thanks, I'll stay dry and hopefully safe..
We'd planned and booked well in advance and unknown to us that the race stage was to finish in Llanberis so we'd probably have done something AM then over to watch the finish but WX played it's part in Snowdon...
we did the annual trips, The Lakes, Snowdonia and Isle of Mull (Ben More and all recorded in blog)
circa 250 plus posts I think....
could be some I never had gone public with so a lower number.
still a labour of love since yon time..

Insomniac cure......

Been in a few mines today..
dunno how many these two have done..
getting mined out TBH

classic33

Leg End Member
No thanks, I'll stay dry and hopefully safe..
We'd planned and booked well in advance and unknown to us that the race stage was to finish in Llanberis so we'd probably have done something AM then over to watch the finish but WX played it's part in Snowdon...
we did the annual trips, The Lakes, Snowdonia and Isle of Mull (Ben More and all recorded in blog)
circa 250 plus posts I think....
could be some I never had gone public with so a lower number.
still a labour of love since yon time..

Insomniac cure......

Been in a few mines today..
dunno how many these two have done..
getting mined out TBH
More accidents in the house than out walking the hills. Might be due to fewer walking the hills than being in a house, who knows...
That something wouldn't have been a local garden centre would it. Rating it's coffee.
As for Snowdon, better safe than sorry. There'll always be another chance....

I'll get it read yet!

Any that are looking in a less than safe state? They'll know how many they've done, ask them.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
More accidents in the house than out walking the hills. Might be due to fewer walking the hills than being in a house, who knows...
That something wouldn't have been a local garden centre would it. Rating it's coffee.
As for Snowdon, better safe than sorry. There'll always be another chance....

I'll get it read yet!

Any that are looking in a less than safe state? They'll know how many they've done, ask them.

Quite possible more folk live in houses rather than in the hills..
no carpets to trip over unless you meet fly-tipping on Helvellyn or somewhere...
at the price of some parking in that area you'd be cheaper paying the council to take yer rubbish away...
The time I did Snowdon it was £20 to park at the top of Pen-Y-Pass...if you could get a place..
now
8 hours to 12 hours – £30; 24 hours – £40 ..jeesus feck.

classic33

Leg End Member
Quite possible more folk live in houses rather than in the hills..
no carpets to trip over unless you meet fly-tipping on Helvellyn or somewhere...
at the price of some parking in that area you'd be cheaper paying the council to take yer rubbish away...
The time I did Snowdon it was £20 to park at the top of Pen-Y-Pass...if you could get a place..
now
8 hours to 12 hours – £30; 24 hours – £40 ..jeesus feck.
Not many hermits these days.
They'll dump their rubbish anywhere they can these days.
Park that bit further away and walk there. Or arrive early in the morning, before daybreak. You should get a parking spot. Whether you can afford to stay there would be another thing.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Not many hermits these days.
They'll dump their rubbish anywhere they can these days.
Park that bit further away and walk there. Or arrive early in the morning, before daybreak. You should get a parking spot. Whether you can afford to stay there would be another thing.

We got dropped off as lad had ankle problem so he headed back and choo choo'ed it up and down.
Dick Turpin would be embarrassed at the cost of parking in these places nowadays, supply full facilities, yes.
One car park I know of charged one quid then boom, nine quid to park, no facilities of any sort..
They alleged the money was needed for upkeep (they had a couple of year previous re-tarred it etc....aye right...
shower of'chanty wrasslers.....

classic33

Leg End Member
Good afterthingy :hello:
Out for a short spin, did think of heading W but after 200m into a hefty headwind, back down and around the local area...
Getting there:laugh:
Good evenight
You're getting there, but with a decent tailwind, your return is quicker.

You could have headed east, then had to pedal home, against the wind!

classic33

Leg End Member
We got dropped off as lad had ankle problem so he headed back and choo choo'ed it up and down.
Dick Turpin would be embarrassed at the cost of parking in these places nowadays, supply full facilities, yes.
One car park I know of charged one quid then boom, nine quid to park, no facilities of any sort..
They alleged the money was needed for upkeep (they had a couple of year previous re-tarred it etc....aye right...
shower of'chanty wrasslers.....
Lad with the ankle problem went back on the choose or were it you.
It's getting to be the same in anywhere that might be popular for a day out these days. Turn a spare piece of good for notthing land into a money box. And get paid for doing it in the first place. Old Dick wouldn't have believed that had you told him.
I'd have no problem paying if a large part of the money raised went towards those who help others when things go wrong. But the car park owners are charging them as well, safe in the knowledge that they'll be there a while.

A police constable made a search and rescue a police incident, thereby denying the money be paid over.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Lad with the ankle problem went back on the choose or were it you.
It's getting to be the same in anywhere that might be popular for a day out these days. Turn a spare piece of good for notthing land into a money box. And get paid for doing it in the first place. Old Dick wouldn't have believed that had you told him.
I'd have no problem paying if a large part of the money raised went towards those who help others when things go wrong. But the car park owners are charging them as well, safe in the knowledge that they'll be there a while.

A police constable made a search and rescue a police incident, thereby denying the money be paid over.

mhor.jpg

Mhor hiked up...
I originally wanted to do the Pyg Track but mate wanted the Miners....
I had to keep the younger one happy :laugh:

Sat at the bottom of the last push up and opened a packet of dolly mixtures, couple of bloke commented why dollys? SUGAR..
shop was opened, bought a souvenir mug..
two years later, oldest Mhor dropped it *shrug*

I wore those 'shorts' on my hill trips..
that hat too....
I did have a flou yellow beanie which could be seen for miles....
lighthouse Bob...

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 687899
Mhor hiked up...
I originally wanted to do the Pyg Track but mate wanted the Miners....
I had to keep the younger one happy :laugh:

Sat at the bottom of the last push up and opened a packet of dolly mixtures, couple of bloke commented why dollys? SUGAR..
shop was opened, bought a souvenir mug..
two years later, oldest Mhor dropped it *shrug*

I wore those 'shorts' on my hill trips..
that hat too....
I did have a flou yellow beanie which could be seen for miles....
lighthouse Bob...
Good for you.
And back down?
Who were leading the expedition?

Did they ask if you'd be willing to share them, as well as yer knowledge.

Did you send him back to get a replacement, if not why not. Or were it you that dropped it?

Better than blending into the background. Any complaints of the beanie being to severe on the eyes.
Won't mention the shorts.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Good for you.
And back down?
Who were leading the expedition?

Did they ask if you'd be willing to share them, as well as yer knowledge.

Did you send him back to get a replacement, if not why not. Or were it you that dropped it?

Better than blending into the background. Any complaints of the beanie being to severe on the eyes.
Won't mention the shorts.

I was the oldest...
(4 days previous I'd had a BIG birthday..
I did offer as it was a big bag,
rasher funnily they were made eight miles away from my then home :laugh:
day was dreary so no real views..
In silhouette, you could see why they decided to put a railway on it .
I took mrs M down that way in '18 (?) and I was doing the Pyg Track up and she'd have taken the choo choo but too early in the season (or something, can't remember)
According to me mate, you could see the hat a looong way away...

Top Bottom