Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Seasons greetings to you folks.

I hope things are as well as can be and you have a happy X/mas and NY :okay:

All the very best to you both..:okay:

Bobby Mhor

Guru
The same to thee and thine.

We'd rain in the early hours. Odds on for a white one, at the bookie's. You should let Bing sing, as you tell the Young Un how you used to play outside in the snow at this time of year, when you were his age.
You'll either frighten the life out of him, or have him laughing his head off.

That's not too bad. Sky ran with a story about not kissing a toad should you find one in the street. Aimed at adults, not kids. Or the near fatal stabbing of a school tortoise!

Get something to drink, put yer feet and listen to Bing.

6.4mm so far, mostly earlier..
we have a Met Office alert for snow tomorrow.
Bing might still do his thing tomorrow.

Only Mrs M and me tomorrow.. and a couple of surprise guests..
I'll try sneak a photo:cuppa:

One more tidying job to do..

to all,

Our regards from us to you.
It's going to be quiet here at the Towers..
each part of our extended family have a lurgy of sorts (no covid, thankfully)
and we will have our family celebrations later in the year or early in '23.
My youngest and her partner (wonder if he'll want a word with me:rolleyes:)
are both working, good on her covering so someone can enjoy the day with their family.

Enjoy the holiday period, forget all the daftness going on around us ,
Eat, drink and be merry.
We can worry about it all in '23...

classic33

Leg End Member
6.4mm so far, mostly earlier..
we have a Met Office alert for snow tomorrow.
Bing might still do his thing tomorrow.

Only Mrs M and me tomorrow.. and a couple of surprise guests..
I'll try sneak a photo:cuppa:

One more tidying job to do..

to all,

Our regards from us to you.
It's going to be quiet here at the Towers..
each part of our extended family have a lurgy of sorts (no covid, thankfully)
and we will have our family celebrations later in the year or early in '23.
My youngest and her partner (wonder if he'll want a word with me:rolleyes:)
are both working, good on her covering so someone can enjoy the day with their family.

Enjoy the holiday period, forget all the daftness going on around us ,
Eat, drink and be merry.
We can worry about it all in '23...
We had that in the first half hour, this morning.

In that case Bing may not be on your playlist. He dreamed of a white Christmas, not an amber one.

Underneath the mistletoe?

Not yer empty cake and biscuit packets!

Have the best you can. Don't do anything anyone else wouldn't do.
Enjoy yerssen!
Hope that those down/afflicted with whatever don't have their day ruined by it. Hopefully it'll not hang around too long.
There's not much of this year left, make it next year. More time available, and there'll be others working to cover those working over the weekend.

And watch that fruit cake!

Blue

Squire
The same to thee and thine.

Nice to see another returnee. Hope you're as well as can be.
Have you placed a bet on a White Christmas?

Let's just say I'm glad that I've been a sports person all my life as all that stamina and mental toughness has come into it's own now!

I won't bore you with the details but I'll give you an insight into how things have progressed - My wife took a MMSE (Mini Mental Health Exam) test 5 weeks ago and scored 5 out of 30. Look it up and you should find an analysis of what that means - it's accurate in Mrs B's case. A GP will usually conduct that test when people first present with dementia like symptoms; and a referral up the line will often be made for a score around 26.

I know Bobby and yourself are the regulars now as I do lurk from time to time but don't have time for posting.

classic33

Leg End Member
Let's just say I'm glad that I've been a sports person all my life as all that stamina and mental toughness has come into it's own now!

I won't bore you with the details but I'll give you an insight into how things have progressed - My wife took a MMSE (Mini Mental Health Exam) test 5 weeks ago and scored 5 out of 30. Look it up and you should find an analysis of what that means - it's accurate in Mrs B's case. A GP will usually conduct that test when people first present with dementia like symptoms; and a referral up the line will often be made for a score around 26.

I know Bobby and yourself are the regulars now as I do lurk from time to time but don't have time for posting.
They always said your hardest battles wouldn't be on the field. Here's hoping you can keep going. Without damage to yourself.

I've had similar tests done over the years, until now I've never really given them a second thought. Never even knew what they were called, until now. They just kept me in under observation, until it "cleared". Again, I'm one of the lucky ones. It never stayed around long enough to really annoy me, or those around me.
Remember, that in amongst all that muddled thinking, there's the person you know and love. Their brain just won't let them out. The memories will be going in as well, just that they "get lost in filing", with every now and then one or two being found for a short while. A few hours feeling that way doesn't compare with what the pair of you are going through. Sorry if I've come across as sanctimonious/clever, not the intention. You taught me today.

Did you get the kitchen sorted, or did events overtake you?

I felt that things weren't too good, so didn't pry. Often wondered though, how you were both doing, and find out you're nearly exhausted yourself. Take care of the carer.

Not hard to see there's not as many posting, in here, these days. Never imagined you as a lurker though.

Hope that you are able to make the best of this time of year, given the circumstances.

Blue

Squire
Thanks @classic33

Yes, we got the house sorted - even to the extent of getting the lawns (moss, thatch and weed patches) taken back to bare earth and new lawns laid! Indeed, we got a little path put along the drive:lawn edge to widen the drive so that it suits a wider modern car and I can assist Mrs B in/out of the car without getting my shoes dirty and wet in the winter!

I'm trying to make this as good an x/mas as possible as I don't think Mrs B will have enough awareness by next year (she doesn't really have much this year).

As to memory, Mrs B doesn't know who I am most of the time and isn't aware of our relationship but, as we were always so close, she is aware that I am someone close and we still get on well. Indeed, a funny tale from a couple of months back - Mrs B got upset when she discovered I was married - because she wanted to marry me!!!!

After the diagnosis, I wasn't ever told it would be easy. I just dig in; when the going gets tough the tough get going, as they say.:okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks @classic33

Yes, we got the house sorted - even to the extent of getting the lawns (moss, thatch and weed patches) taken back to bare earth and new lawns laid! Indeed, we got a little path put along the drive:lawn edge to widen the drive so that it suits a wider modern car and I can assist Mrs B in/out of the car without getting my shoes dirty and wet in the winter!

I'm trying to make this as good an x/mas as possible as I don't think Mrs B will have enough awareness by next year (she doesn't really have much this year).

As to memory, Mrs B doesn't know who I am most of the time and isn't aware of our relationship but, as we were always so close, she is aware that I am someone close and we still get on well. Indeed, a funny tale from a couple of months back - Mrs B got upset when she discovered I was married - because she wanted to marry me!!!!

After the diagnosis, I wasn't ever told it would be easy. I just dig in; when the going gets tough the tough get going, as they say.:okay:
Hope you both get the chance to enjoy the gardens.

Here's to this being one of your best Christmases together. For the both of you.

She knows you, although not fully able to recall the past, make the right connections work. There's something there that can't be cleared, even if it can't be properly remembered by her. She knew she wanted to marry you.

The tough get going with the job at hand. From what you've said, I'd say the pair of you were meant to meet.

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Pre buy a online ticket at most games,
Don't want to giving bank details to what could be a liability security wise..
Why not contactless, cheap card reader, internet and away you go...

Present manager (a year now) will go places as doing this with a very low budget, we are a fan owned club now........
so money is tight, one year contracts almost the norm.

Hopefully start next season will get Beag (grandson) across the country to see the 'Ton
Oldest lass gave us our second grandkid weeks ago but have been assured she'll be brought up in the right way:laugh:
There are local options, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir they can choose but as long as they stay away from the Glasgow 'cheeks.....

The non league stuff I watch down here, is either cash innthe gate or the contactless Sumup reader.
Paying for stuff contactless is one of the few positives of covid.
Saves carrying cash about.

classic33

Leg End Member
The non league stuff I watch down here, is either cash innthe gate or the contactless Sumup reader.
The downside to contactless is that the limit is currently £100, with some banks toying with a £300 - £500 limit.

Set the amount on the reader(Cost £29.99) to £10 and try making your way down a platform, without collecting anything.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
giphy.gif

Enjoy your day.....

Bobby Mhor

Guru

I never had cash, I'm married:laugh:
Contactless easy to set up...
I think it would grab those who decide at 2pm Sat just to go to a game...
They were talking up here about early kick offs to save on electricity but hasn't come to much.
Football should only be 3pm Saturday for all..
Sod Sky, BT and the other pay channels..
football has sold its soul to the devil:cuppa:

Top Bottom