Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's just been announced it'll be here,
the early van too..
I thought the mail have been permanently on strike..
not much through the door this Xmas..

or I should take the hint no one took up my 'send me presents' offer I made here the other day......
Wonder if the union leaders are taking a wage whilst the manuals are on strike.....
Was this a public announcement, or was it Alexa letting you know.
Don't believe that. I mean what'll you do with a van, early or not.
Not as much junk mail either. The were on strike earlier this month as well, remember that.

Maybe they sent then by Royal Mail. So once they catch up, after striking and the Christmas holidays, you could be inundated with stuff.
Some of them jetted off on holiday at the start of the week. Warmer climates were calling them.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Was this a public announcement, or was it Alexa letting you know.
Don't believe that. I mean what'll you do with a van, early or not.
Not as much junk mail either. The were on strike earlier this month as well, remember that.

Maybe they sent then by Royal Mail. So once they catch up, after striking and the Christmas holidays, you could be inundated with stuff.
Some of them jetted off on holiday at the start of the week. Warmer climates were calling them.

Must be chaos with the amount of parcels sent..
I assume quite a bit would be rerouted through parcel companies..
losing business?

Long day, it seems.
think I'll have a siesta...

classic33

Leg End Member
Must be chaos with the amount of parcels sent..
I assume quite a bit would be rerouted through parcel companies..
losing business?

Long day, it seems.
think I'll have a siesta...
Normally is at this end o'year. Can't really reroute from your own sorting office's, especially if you've a picket line out on gates.
Nah, they're hanging onto what they've got. You might see yours next year, if yer lucky.

You were up late last night, early this morning. Little time to sleep, I say go for it.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Normally is at this end o'year. Can't really reroute from your own sorting office's, especially if you've a picket line out on gates.
Nah, they're hanging onto what they've got. You might see yours next year, if yer lucky.

You were up late last night, early this morning. Little time to sleep, I say go for it.

Spent a fair bit time 'building' up some Playmobil (other makes of toy available)for Beag..
took me back to my airfix days, no glue, or a type of cement it was called ? buzzing after 15 mins use :rolleyes:

Time for:cuppa:

classic33

Leg End Member
Spent a fair bit time 'building' up some Playmobil (other makes of toy available)for Beag..
took me back to my airfix days, no glue, or a type of cement it was called ? buzzing after 15 mins use :rolleyes:

Time for:cuppa:
Isn't that part of the fun, putting it altogether. There's not much I'll admit that, but all the same...
Let me guess, spies or pirates.
Never had that problem with Airfix, other manufacturer's available, kits.

T'was nearly teatime when you posted.

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
How do, Mr Choo:hello:
Hope all is well in choo-choo land..

Only myself and old Bones post with the occasional flurry from oor Mo and the odd passer by:cuppa:
All the very best for the holiday period:okay:

Hi Bobby :hello:

Glad to hear you are keeping well, yeah I'm ticking along trying to take no notice, but the whole thing is a bit of a mess unfortunately, but best leave it at that :cursing::laugh:

I hope Mo is keeping well and what has she been up to lately?

Managed to get a reply off Mrs D, she appears to be ok :okay:

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Isn't that part of the fun, putting it altogether. There's not much I'll admit that, but all the same...
Let me guess, spies or pirates.
Never had that problem with Airfix, other manufacturer's available, kits.

T'was nearly teatime when you posted.

Cops and t'other is environmental...
Gotta say the plod one is superb....

Mrs M just off phone and her cousin says WX is picking up to MINUS 34c :laugh:

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Hi Bobby :hello:

Glad to hear you are keeping well, yeah I'm ticking along trying to take no notice, but the whole thing is a bit of a mess unfortunately, but best leave it at that :cursing::laugh:

I hope Mo is keeping well and what has she been up to lately?

Managed to get a reply off Mrs D, she appears to be ok :okay:

Yo...
was sitting compiling a post and watching the football info coming on on the 'Ton Forum..
game on not that far away from here but no cash gate, hate giving my details to tinpot clubs security..
you'd think they'd do a contactless gate.
draw so far...
quite handy staying in the middle of the country now:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Cops and t'other is environmental...
Gotta say the plod one is superb....

Mrs M just off phone and her cousin says WX is picking up to MINUS 34c :laugh:
You got him the police station!
Or the safe break?
And he can pass it down when he's outgrown it. It last longer than his interest.

Phonecall to/from the other side of the pond. They say we could be on the edge of that.

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Yo...
was sitting compiling a post and watching the football info coming on on the 'Ton Forum..
game on not that far away from here but no cash gate, hate giving my details to tinpot clubs security..
you'd think they'd do a contactless gate.
draw so far...
quite handy staying in the middle of the country now:laugh:

Doing quite well.....4th?
Cant you just pay on the day, or has that option now been removed?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Doing quite well.....4th?
Cant you just pay on the day, or has that option now been removed?

Pre buy a online ticket at most games,
Don't want to giving bank details to what could be a liability security wise..
Why not contactless, cheap card reader, internet and away you go...

Present manager (a year now) will go places as doing this with a very low budget, we are a fan owned club now........
so money is tight, one year contracts almost the norm.

Hopefully start next season will get Beag (grandson) across the country to see the 'Ton
Oldest lass gave us our second grandkid weeks ago but have been assured she'll be brought up in the right way:laugh:
There are local options, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir they can choose but as long as they stay away from the Glasgow 'cheeks.....

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Good Christmas Eve:hello:
(other mainstream holidays are available to you)..

Rainy, rainy rattle staney at the Towers..
Bing is going to be out of luck so best pack away that song...

I've given up on mainstream news and look at the wacky news sites instead..
top headline on Microsoft this morning is some rapper is guilty of shooting a hip hop star..
aye, the world's melting , we're in a recession, inflations high amongst other stuff and that's the main headline (on my feed), fheck me....:cuppa:

classic33

Leg End Member
Good Christmas Eve:hello:
(other mainstream holidays are available to you)..

Rainy, rainy rattle staney at the Towers..
Bing is going to be out of luck so best pack away that song...

I've given up on mainstream news and look at the wacky news sites instead..
top headline on Microsoft this morning is some rapper is guilty of shooting a hip hop star..
aye, the world's melting , we're in a recession, inflations high amongst other stuff and that's the main headline (on my feed), fheck me....:cuppa:
The same to thee and thine.

We'd rain in the early hours. Odds on for a white one, at the bookie's. You should let Bing sing, as you tell the Young Un how you used to play outside in the snow at this time of year, when you were his age.
You'll either frighten the life out of him, or have him laughing his head off.

That's not too bad. Sky ran with a story about not kissing a toad should you find one in the street. Aimed at adults, not kids. Or the near fatal stabbing of a school tortoise!

Get something to drink, put yer feet and listen to Bing.

Top Bottom