Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning campers:hello:
Hope your tent is waterproof..
Windproof after those beans last night:ohmy:

Hope it is dry down your way:cuppa:

It's a wee bitty rainy oot there! I have been for a little wander though. The waterproof gear got well tested again........and held up well. That's one thing I think is worth paying serious dosh for if you like the outdoors.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yeah, between the pannier and the handlebar bag (which I use all the time), I could manage.
If it dries, I could do a 'what I carry in my rucksack' photo, if it dries up:cuppa:
better padding on the rucksack straps could help.....
More domestics as its wet out:cuppa:
I'm excited about this:sad:
And the ariel, would that just be a telescope one on the rear?
Don't think it will dry today.
If you get all yer domestics done on a wet day, when going out isn't really an option, just think of all that free time you'll have.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning campers:hello:
Hope your tent is waterproof..
Windproof after those beans last night:ohmy:

Hope it is dry down your way:cuppa:
Owdo
Last time I pitched a tent in the wet, it were bucketing down. Following morning it were snow on the ground.

It wasn't too bad until just before half nine. Due to go out and the heavens reopened with a vengeance.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's a wee bitty rainy oot there! I have been for a little wander though. The waterproof gear got well tested again........and held up well. That's one thing I think is worth paying serious dosh for if you like the outdoors.
Similar here now. And I've to go a wandering yet.
Go with function not fashion, and buy the best you can.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just me. I was boiling the kettle in the kitchen and she sneaked up behind me and yelled at the top of her voice. I'm sure she does it on purpose to see me jump! :laugh: Gave her a few biscuits and she is away for another sleep.
See, she's keeping an eye on you!

Bobby Mhor

Guru

Agreed, worth its weight in gold.
Problem is a big lump like me let's just say glows:ohmy: when wrapped up.
I don't mind cycling in the rain....
any hills from now on in will be brilliant sunshine (as they have been for years),
I did consider the Knock as it is a Marilyn but think I could struggle to get the contacts required, maybe a Sat or Sun..
we'll see once this 'wee' strain sorts..
Stay dry....

Bobby Mhor

Guru
And the ariel, would that just be a telescope one on the rear?
Don't think it will dry today.
If you get all yer domestics done on a wet day, when going out isn't really an option, just think of all that free time you'll have.

It could be attachable by drilling a hole in the aluminium pannier rack (topeak system) or using any of the other types available...
Todays are done...
passes the time in between radio stuff.. and today watching the tomfoolery :hyper:

classic33

Leg End Member
It could be attachable by drilling a hole in the aluminium pannier rack (topeak system) or using any of the other types available...
Todays are done...
passes the time in between radio stuff.. and today watching the tomfoolery :hyper:
Ride with it fully extended, they'd have no reason to say they didn't see you.
Make a start on some of tomorrows...

Who'll be next? Take to the airwaves and start a rebellion.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Thought you'd have got fed up of it by now.

Bleach and Lifeguard are the smells of cleanliness from my younger years....

Ride with it fully extended, they'd have no reason to say they didn't see you.
Make a start on some of tomorrows...

Who'll be next? Take to the airwaves and start a rebellion.

Best thing is just google Bicycle Mobile HF radio..
much easier to see what is possible..
I have a mobile HF Transceiver so would require a 12v battery say 7ah as I'm not keen on LiPos...
Not an HF fan (I just use it at home)
VHF, UHF and above maybe (mobile)..
the higher the operating spot the better..

Off to prepare for beeswax smells tomorrow:hyper:

Top Bottom