Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well the early morning sunshine, bursting through the window, has gone. Now looking grey, with a bit of a breeze, and looking like rain.

Should I go or should I stay...

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Good day:hello:
Yeah, I'm three days late:laugh:

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Oh boy, time is away from me:hello:
JOTA day today so took up most of the day then family visited..

Owdo
Nearly get caught on yer raiding party?

Not that I know of:laugh:
I'm enjoying the benefits 'hic'.
One clue to one place I visited
IMG_0816.JPEG

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh boy, time is away from me:hello:
JOTA day today so took up most of the day then family visited...

Not that I know of:laugh:
I'm enjoying the benefits 'hic'.
One clue to one place I visited
View attachment 664748
Are you sure it's time that has you away?
Isn't JOTA still a 24 hour event, you need to get back there!
Bearing gives of cake and home preserved foodstuffs.

Are you sure. Your enjoyment of the benefits not clouding your view.
lame District I assume.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Morning all:hello:

Back on an even keel:cuppa:

Are you sure it's time that has you away?
Isn't JOTA still a 24 hour event, you need to get back there!
Bearing gives of cake and home preserved foodstuffs.

Are you sure. Your enjoyment of the benefits not clouding your view.
lame District I assume.

Gummers How...
a lakes 'pimple'..

funnily I had just started walking in and I got a text from a pal with a image of a map asking 'where am I?', we play this daft game normally with the Peakfinder app..he was at Grace Darling's lighthouse (she wasn't in)..anyhoo I had a quick chat with a ham in near Skipton.....amongst other places...
IMG_0821.jpeg copy.jpeg

on way to top...

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all:hello:

Back on an even keel:cuppa:

Gummers How...
a lakes 'pimple'..

funnily I had just started walking in and I got a text from a pal with a image of a map asking 'where am I?', we play this daft game normally with the Peakfinder app..he was at Grace Darling's lighthouse (she wasn't in)..anyhoo I had a quick chat with a ham in near Skipton.....amongst other places...
View attachment 664765
on way to top...
Owdo

Back on an even keel, you been lopsided these last few days.

You do pimples these days.
You could have done Striding Edge.
Notice the ship had sailed without you.

You did answer truthfully I take it. Did he leave a note saying why he'd called? Just in case.
Be careful talking to yer food, it might answer back. Where else had the ham been.

You got dry weather by the look of things. Wet under foot?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo

Back on an even keel, you been lopsided these last few days.

You do pimples these days.
You could have done Striding Edge.
Notice the ship had sailed without you.

You did answer truthfully I take it. Did he leave a note saying why he'd called? Just in case.
Be careful talking to yer food, it might answer back. Where else had the ham been.

You got dry weather by the look of things. Wet under foot?

10 year ago, I could have done 'the edge' but nah, not now.
Helvellyn summit shelter the day I was there.
helvellyn.jpg

Lovely, damp, miserable day..
I did the radio thing and headed back down and just as I got to the 'steps' down the sun started to show its face, too far from the summit for my old legs so down to Mrs M I headed..
I might venture out this week at some point to another 'pimple'...

Radio has been bouncing..
having a wee break from it..

My Minion DVD arrives today booyah!!!!!!:hyper:
giphy.gif

I'll tell folk it is for Beag (nah really, me:whistle:)

classic33

Leg End Member
10 year ago, I could have done 'the edge' but nah, not now.
Helvellyn summit shelter the day I was there.
View attachment 664793
Lovely, damp, miserable day..
I did the radio thing and headed back down and just as I got to the 'steps' down the sun started to show its face, too far from the summit for my old legs so down to Mrs M I headed..
I might venture out this week at some point to another 'pimple'...

Radio has been bouncing..
having a wee break from it..

My Minion DVD arrives today booyah!!!!!!:hyper:
View attachment 664794
I'll tell folk it is for Beag (nah really, me:whistle:)
Not your sort of thing I'll assume.
Looks normal to me. There's folk milling round, no doubt some will be sat eating and drinking.
Ever had to use your radio to get help?
Nearly always the case. To far down to go back up and get a clear view from the summit.
Mrs M sat waiting in the car, or wandering round some shop(s), or cafe.

I think your latest arrival will see you going no where for a while.
Suppose someone gives the young un the DVD, due to not understanding!!

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Not your sort of thing I'll assume.
Looks normal to me. There's folk milling round, no doubt some will be sat eating and drinking.
Ever had to use your radio to get help?
Nearly always the case. To far down to go back up and get a clear view from the summit.
Mrs M sat waiting in the car, or wandering round some shop(s), or cafe.

I think your latest arrival will see you going no where for a while.
Suppose someone gives the young un the DVD, due to not understanding!!

Nope, never (hopefully never)..
Knowing a pal was going to Ben Cruachan the next day, I headed above the hill at the old Towers and took some snaps with telephoto lens of that Ben which was covered with snow.
I'd headed NE for the day and got home at 8sih, computer fired up and saw a SAR copter heading Glencoe way but disappeared at the slopes at that Ben then took off towards Oban, headed to bed and at 2.40am got wakened by a SAR copter heading over (if heading to RAH Paisley) it flew lowish over us, and texted my pal around 8am asking if he got a lift back on the copter that passed over me..
Yep, you've guessed it, it had been for him..
He was that man HERE

classic33

Leg End Member
Nope, never (hopefully never)..
Knowing a pal was going to Ben Cruachan the next day, I headed above the hill at the old Towers and took some snaps with telephoto lens of that Ben which was covered with snow.
I'd headed NE for the day and got home at 8sih, computer fired up and saw a SAR copter heading Glencoe way but disappeared at the slopes at that Ben then took off towards Oban, headed to bed and at 2.40am got wakened by a SAR copter heading over (if heading to RAH Paisley) it flew lowish over us, and texted my pal around 8am asking if he got a lift back on the copter that passed over me..
Yep, you've guessed it, it had been for him..
He was that man HERE
Just wondered, along the same lines when mobile phones were few and far between. How many folk with one were in the right place when needed.

He was lucky, stopped from falling further. How'd he do after that?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Just wondered, along the same lines when mobile phones were few and far between. How many folk with one were in the right place when needed.

He was lucky, stopped from falling further. How'd he do after that?

Took a year or so but still doing the odd Munro and local stuff just N of Glasgow..
I wouldn't have been allowed back upstairs:laugh:
Still a very lucky man, temps were below freezing too..

I did once act as relay, another ham was doing SOTA in the Luss hills and it started snowing and he had a shortish walk out through the glen, I could work him but his pals etc couldn't due to the lie of the land so kept a 10 min call back until he reached the glen road, no problems.
Can't be too careful.
Just read on that link about two people being left by a walking group on Scafell Pike and another case of the same on Helvellyn, like the story of the fishing club up in the Glencoe area fishing Loch Ba, headcount at end of day, one short, they reckoned he had just gone home, bloke found wandering disorientated the next day after MRT had been contacted the previous evening by his family. I wasn't surprised when I heard the mob who were running it, the bloke left was in his 70s...

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Good morning, we have precipitation:hello:
Oh well, at least the plants will be okay....

Sweet Peas still producing enough for a posy jar every second day but getting less..
Last spuds about to be pulled..
Beetroot bought yesterday so I'll be in a pickle (or it will later:laugh:)

hope you have bright, warm autumnal sunshine...

classic33

Leg End Member
Took a year or so but still doing the odd Munro and local stuff just N of Glasgow..
I wouldn't have been allowed back upstairs:laugh:
Still a very lucky man, temps were below freezing too..

I did once act as relay, another ham was doing SOTA in the Luss hills and it started snowing and he had a shortish walk out through the glen, I could work him but his pals etc couldn't due to the lie of the land so kept a 10 min call back until he reached the glen road, no problems.
Can't be too careful.
Just read on that link about two people being left by a walking group on Scafell Pike and another case of the same on Helvellyn, like the story of the fishing club up in the Glencoe area fishing Loch Ba, headcount at end of day, one short, they reckoned he had just gone home, bloke found wandering disorientated the next day after MRT had been contacted the previous evening by his family. I wasn't surprised when I heard the mob who were running it, the bloke left was in his 70s...
At least he got back out. There's some who wouldn't want to go back out.
Would you have snuck out, or would that have grounded you entirely.

There seems to be too much reliance on others getting people to safety these last few years.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning, we have precipitation:hello:
Oh well, at least the plants will be okay....

Sweet Peas still producing enough for a posy jar every second day but getting less..
Last spuds about to be pulled..
Beetroot bought yesterday so I'll be in a pickle (or it will later:laugh:)

hope you have bright, warm autumnal sunshine...
Owdo, dry and with the "autumnal sunshine" streaming through the windows almost since it poked its head above the horizon.

You'll not be letting them go hungry will you?

Are the peas getting smaller as well as fewer.
You did better on the spud front than you let on. That or you didn't eat many of them.
Doing your Peter Piper impersonation again. Will it never end!

Top Bottom