Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Legendary Member
:thumbsup: It's a nice ride and I'd recommend it. Surprisingly hilly though and your bike does need to be able to handle gravel trails.
Yes we all rode it. I'm used to riding steeper so no problems there but Doug and Gav found it a bit of a challenge. I'll build them up to riding the Burway one of these days.;)
Wenlock Edge was fine, it was Monkhopton that proved the biggest obstacle

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Bike washed, me bathed, now sitting with a cuppa.
Once I've updated my blog I'll be off to kill something on the PS3 for a bit :smile:

Put the goldfish bowl on top of it? It might not boil the water but I'm sure it'll get hot enough to zap a goldfish.

Good afternoon, sorry to hear your news @stephec.

Much tea to be drunk, still a few wobbles in me after Thursdays ride out, was leaving an extra day to recover between going out but two days apparently not quite enough after 50 miles so far this week so dog walking, reading and snoozing only today.:cuppa:

stephec

Squire
Thanks everyone, I've been to see her again today, I sat with her for half an hour but she was asleep all the time, the staff said she's been like that now for the past couple of days, in a weird kind of way it makes me feel better just seeing her though, even if I do know what's going to happen.

When she first went into the home I couldn't go to see her as it was too upsetting seeing her as she was now rather than the funny nana I had as a kid. My cousins felt exactly the same, and it took a few years to get used to seeing her, if anyone else is in the same position make sure force yourself to do it as you don't know what's around the corner.

I know it doesn't sound nice but she looks so worn out, she's lost a lot of weight and her face is so drawn she looks nothing like I remember her, that it looks like it's probably time for her now.

Her sister, my Auntie Nell, is in the same home as her so I had an hour with her as well, she always likes having visitors as it gives her someone to talk about the old things that are relevant to her, and some of the other old ladies like to say hello as a few of them don't get any visitors.

It's ok @classic33 I'd been keeping an eye on here anyway so I was probably due a return. It's nice to be talked about rather than ignored, there's no such thing as bad publicity as the saying goes, although Jimmy Saville probably wouldn't agree with that. :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
Since you're making it....
Big Mug.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Typical man. Go on then. How many sugars do you want in that thing by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom