Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
:smile:

I've never been on the Severn Valley Railway but I did get a teasing glimpse of it when my train was diverted via Kidderminster a fortnight ago. I can understand the reluctance though, I visit busy shopping centres through the week and the thought of going shopping at the weekend just makes my blood boil. Cycling is one of the best ways to get away from it all I can think of :thumbsup:

There are a lot of volunteers on the Valley from one of our other depots and they seem to love getting down there is various capacities. One of our lads spends a lot of time there as he is a signaller and also does a lot of the rostering for the Severn Valley staff. Often when I am in the down loop or turnback siding at Kidderminster waiting to shunt back over the trains pass on their journeys up the preserved line. The amount of people on them is amazing and it shows what a popular attraction it is. Obviously the lads that volunteer love doing that in their spare time whereas I love to do other things.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
How about doing both.;) A ride on the train and a cycle back on the Mercian Way makes for a nice day out. I've done it a few times now: LINK.

Edit: Ignore the bit where it says about the path being a quagmire - it's been fixed since that particular ride.

Sounds a good idea with something like a mountain bike :thumbsup:

classic33

Leg End Member
Hacked off as not been riding since Monday due to the FM.
Now heading out for a blast in the woods....
Shotgun or Dynamite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom