Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member

Blimey Mr C 2 minutes between Good Night and the following day..............a record??:smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Morning everyone in TeaLandia. It's a bit overcast here but warm.
I am off to the w thing in a bit. Just 3 walks and 2 grooms today and that's me done for 9 whole days off.
I asked Hubster to book somewhere to take the caravan too. He is yet to do that but tells me off for wanting to manage stuff. I pointed out that had he booked it when I asked him to we'd have been going away this and next weekend but everywhere is full so we are staying home. I'm not thrilled TBH but I'm searching for something last minute.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
The 'like' is for the 9 days off, not the lack of organisation on the part of Hubster. Hope you manage to recharge anyway... but keep looking for a spot, I'm sure other 'hubster' type people have cancelled somewhere!! :smile:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Morning 172traindriver, if I had my way it would be a trip on the Settle to Carlisle line, might not happen this week though :hello:

That sounds a good idea Mikey. I have never done that trip even though it is considered a classic piece of line. It's a bit weird when you are involved with the things everyday, you actually like to get away from them. The other half keeps wanting to go on the Severn Valley, but I would rather ride my bike on a day off :smile:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
:smile:
That sounds a good idea Mikey. I have never done that trip even though it is considered a classic piece of line. It's a bit weird when you are involved with the things everyday, you actually like to get away from them. The other half keeps wanting to go on the Severn Valley, but I would rather ride my bike on a day off :smile:

I've never been on the Severn Valley Railway but I did get a teasing glimpse of it when my train was diverted via Kidderminster a fortnight ago. I can understand the reluctance though, I visit busy shopping centres through the week and the thought of going shopping at the weekend just makes my blood boil. Cycling is one of the best ways to get away from it all I can think of :thumbsup:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
How about doing both.;) A ride on the train and a cycle back on the Mercian Way makes for a nice day out. I've done it a few times now: LINK.

Edit: Ignore the bit where it says about the path being a quagmire - it's been fixed since that particular ride.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom