Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Back at my desk after a morning of learning - not quite as daunting as I was expecting, though the Finance section starts in a couple of weeks... xx(

It's bright and sunny here in Edinburgh, if still a little cold - unfortunately due to the sun the blinds are closed so I can't report on the state of Arthur's Seat today @Bobby Mhor !!

My youngest is in Halls and can see the Seat on her way round QM campus...
First ascended by Bob Tensing in the early 60s...:thumbsup:
I checked before writing this and can assure you it is still there:secret:

Levo-Lon

Guru
What is a metal paving system ? Sounds rather like the cheesegrater bridge in Bristol which is slippery for cycling.

metal framework so you can pave upto damp course without causing damp ,plus other applications.
the paving is then bonded to the frame with exterior mastic.

Fubar

Guru
We had a very small snow fall saturday but it didn't stick, i was hoping we might have a big snow dump so that me & junior could go sledging (not calling a batsman's wife rude names).

- 5°C predicted tonight but nothing like the - 13°C predicted for SporranHaggisBuckieLand :eek:

That -13 will be for some remote glen on some artic tundra type place in "SporranHaggisBuckieLand", for the bulk of the Haggis munching IrnBru drinking shower-dodging population it will be much warmer...

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I struggle for money a bit so only have two storage heaters on to heat the whole house. It's only in the fifties indoors and I find once I sit for a while I get really chilled. Looking forward to my dog walk soon to heat me up. Lol
We struggle a bit, to heat the flat but I have found an old duvet to be very helpful. When I'm sitting and watching the TV or whatever and I just cannot justify heating the place, I have an old duvet over my lap. Also I have a fleecy nighty thing - from primark - with a hood, which is toasty beyond belief. Apparently it's supposed to resemble an owl but you could have fooled me.
Trying to stay warm is a big thing for us, especially as Hubster is ill. We try to limit our gas usage to no more than a tenner a week in the cold weather, a fiver if we can get away with it.

solitaire

Über Member
We struggle a bit, to heat the flat but I have found an old duvet to be very helpful. When I'm sitting and watching the TV or whatever and I just cannot justify heating the place, I have an old duvet over my lap. Also I have a fleecy nighty thing - from primark - with a hood, which is toasty beyond belief. Apparently it's supposed to resemble an owl but you could have fooled me.
Trying to stay warm is a big thing for us, especially as Hubster is ill. We try to limit our gas usage to no more than a tenner a week in the cold weather, a fiver if we can get away with it.
Hot water bottles always a good idea

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Also I have a fleecy nighty thing - from primark - with a hood, which is toasty beyond belief. Apparently it's supposed to resemble an owl but you could have fooled me.
Lol. I have a fleecy pink one with dogs on, and yes, they are very cosy, apart from when you need the loo. Was walking with my neighbour earlier and she informs you that you get twosies now as well as onesies so they are in two parts. Would save that problem. :laugh: I sometimes have an hour under the duvet if I get too cold. Cat snuggles in too :smile:

ScotiaLass

Guru
How many's that now?
Was my third I think....

solitaire

Über Member
Lol. I have a fleecy pink one with dogs on, and yes, they are very cosy, apart from when you need the loo. Was walking with my neighbour earlier and she informs you that you get twosies now as well as onesies so they are in two parts. Would save that problem. :laugh: I sometimes have an hour under the duvet if I get too cold. Cat snuggles in too :smile:
I thought you were gonna say a twosie was for 2 people :giggle: might be fun

ScotiaLass

Guru
Back at my desk after a morning of learning - not quite as daunting as I was expecting, though the Finance section starts in a couple of weeks... xx(

It's bright and sunny here in Edinburgh, if still a little cold - unfortunately due to the sun the blinds are closed so I can't report on the state of Arthur's Seat today @Bobby Mhor !!
Awwww. I look forward to hearing about Arthurs Seat :biggrin:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We have a sofa duvet now. The dogs are really happy. They all come under of an evening and we are as warm as toast, so warm that we've been known to have a tee-shirt on and our fleecy things on the back of the sofa until we cool down again. Then again, that could just be a hot flush.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Are you being rude by any chance? :giggle:
3160071115_54a0a7fd05.jpg

Arthurs Seat :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom