Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Unfortunately, I packed in work a couple of years before I could retire on reserved rights at 55 and lost a whopping 38% of my pension so living on a very low income, but as it was my choice to do so, I am not entitled to any help. Suppose I should really look for a part time job but I am becoming so used to all this leisure time it will be hard. I get by most months if I'm careful. :smile:
Sorry to hear that, can't be nice to keep a very tight reign on the pennies.

I have already decided that (as long as I am not made unemployed) I won't work past 60, even though i won't get a state pension 'till i am 67 :cursing: then i will have to live much more frugally.

Any disabilities in the household ?

You would be surprised at what the Government & Europe are throwing at reducing carbon footprints, not everyone who can, claims so you may have some luck, it's worth a go. :thumbsup:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Back at my desk after a morning of learning - not quite as daunting as I was expecting, though the Finance section starts in a couple of weeks... xx(

It's bright and sunny here in Edinburgh, if still a little cold - unfortunately due to the sun the blinds are closed so I can't report on the state of Arthur's Seat today @Bobby Mhor !!
What are you hoping to qualify for @Fubar ?

Career change or enhancement ?

Fubar

Guru
What are you hoping to qualify for @Fubar ?

Career change or enhancement ?

It's a Masters in Health Administration - I already work for the NHS but it was recommended to me to "enhance" my career prospects. At the middle level I am at it's difficult to progress without one, plus I'm not a clinician so that tends to work against you. I went straight to work from school so never did the Uni thing, there are lots of bright young things on the course but they don't have a speck of experience - still not decided if that's a good or bad thing.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Good afternoon, I managed to stir myself off my chair and get out for a lunchtime stroll just now, in the sunshine. A bit chilly but a gorgeous day & well worth the effort. A twinpack of Belgian buns somehow made its way back to the office with me, too. Ten minutes of lunch break left before work resumes.

@Fubar Bon Courage for your adult learning, I hope your experience helps rather than hinders !

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I blogged a bit, now I'm off, inspired by @Arjimlad having a walk in the sun I'm going to do just that too. See you all later :hello:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
It took a good ten mins to get into my car this morning, all the doors were frozen up, so just lubed up the door seals with Vaseline, should be a bit easier tomorrow :angel: Also treated her to new wiper blades. Looking forward to the spring.:sun:

Beware, you will have Mr C on here saying this is just the beginning. It will get worse and he told us so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom