Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
That's not jaws....it's a CATfish

Lullabelle

Banana
@Lullabelle - orchid advice required please. I've never managed to keep one alive longer than 6 months.
Rainwater, not in direct light..... what else???? Hot room, cold room?? When to water?? Whatever I've done in the past, I've done it wrong :cry::cry:

Make sure the rainwater is at room temperature, I have an old measuring jug which I sit the pot in then fill with rainwater to the top of the pot, leave for about 30 mins (they don't need much water at this time of year), drain thoroughly so it doesn't sit in water. I do this once a week, that is enough. Bear in mind they naturally grow on trees (honestly, they are parasites) and so they do dry out. Leave in a spot with plenty of light but not direct sun. Is it in a clear plastic pot? They absorb the light through their roots so do not cut them or put into a dark pot, they need light. When your plant has finished flowering you need to cut it back, think of the stem as a finger with joints, the 2nd joint from the bottom, cut it just above. Again, only water for a short while when there are no flowers. Next year it will grow back and you will get a beautiful display. Easy :thumbsup:

Lullabelle

Banana
I am busy today getting ready for the possible arrival of Bob tomorrow. It depends if he decides he would like to adopt me.

I have found the litter tray at the back of the garage, and the bag of kitty litter.
He can borrow Leo's soft bed that Leo came home with a long time ago.
Kitten cat food has been purchased.
Big old scruffy large giant towels have been found to protect the carpet from small accidents.

Toys may be purchased tomorrow at the CPL. I presume they know what cats like, and he will be allowed to choose some toys. Do any feline afficionados on Tea? have any suggestions as to what he would like.

My mother gave me some fragile items of great sentimental value when I last visited her, so they will be put away safely.
Anything else that I need to do?

The intention is to meet Bob again, and see how we get on.

A toy for a cat? Buy a BIG bar of galaxy chocolate, scrunch the shiny foil into a ball, you get the choc, kitty gets a toy. Win win :thumbsup:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
A toy for a cat? Buy a BIG bar of galaxy chocolate, scrunch the shiny foil into a ball, you get the choc, kitty gets a toy. Win win :thumbsup:
Crisp packets work equally well. My ex's sister never forgave me for teaching her kitten that trick. The little [bleep] used to pounce on you and try to steal the bag as soon as you opened it. (Obviously related to @potsy :whistle:)

potsy

Rambler
Wolly, I can thoroughly recommend aldi cat treats, my cat likes them too :tongue:

Lullabelle

Banana
ninja-disappearing-smiley.gif

:boxing:
I'll have you know,its Diwali now...............

Happy Diwali Nihal :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom