Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh dear Wol, you've got me wanting more cats :ohmy:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Yes, he is an active young male. I guess that Tasha might be able to tell him that she thinks she is the boss.

If Linnie was abandonned, not microchipped, and not spayed, was she handled badly by her owners? If you do not know enough about cats to micro-chip them, I have very limited confidence in them as pet-owners. If she and Tasha do not get on well, then she will have to return to the cattery. Would she be better going to a home without another cat?

Hmm not everyone agrees with micro chipping. I don't know the whole wheres and why fores but I do know some people are against them due to migration and stuffs that they think happens.

Is she on her own or in with other cats now? I am assuming on her own due to no vaccination records and stuffs...

At the rescue I worked at we had the cats all together after they had been vaccinated and quarantined for a period of time oh and of course snipped, lots and lots of them all in a huge pen, they had beds inside and central heating and a huge outdoor run with stuff in. Only Mummys with kittens were seperate.

classic33

Leg End Member
So have you worked out where your next tour will be yet Rocky ?

I think you should tour the Tea thread posters locations. The Tea thread tour by Rocky, you could take along @coffeejo who could write the travelogue and get @Rickshaw Phil to be the official cameraman.

We could all then join you for different legs of the tour.
He'd be fine in Yorkshire, we could bring him in via the back door known as the A58! down to Hebden Bridge & over the top to Keighley.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Linnie was on her own. Mummys and their kittens were on their own together. Five cats were together in one (large) house/cage. I think they were all from the same house. Bexxie is a mummy to a kitten about 14 weeks old. I thought they would be staying together and waiting for someone who would like two cats. The gentleman in charge today, said no, mummy cats soon get bored with kittens.

I am thinking Bob might be best. I am not sure if the CPL pays for the neutering. If they do not do this, is it a very expensive operation, does anyone know? What age are boy cats neutered?

All the cages looked very clean. All the cats looked well fed. There are several resident cats there. I think this is because there is a problem rehoming them. They have their own little "house" rather like a mini gypsy caravan on wheels. ^_^

Linnie was on her own. Mummys and their kittens were on their own together. Five cats were together in one (large) house/cage. I think they were all from the same house. Bexxie is a mummy to a kitten about 14 weeks old. I thought they would be staying together and waiting for someone who would like two cats. The gentleman in charge today, said no, mummy cats soon get bored with kittens.

I am thinking Bob might be best. I am not sure if the CPL pays for the neutering. If they do not do this, is it a very expensive operation, does anyone know? What age are boy cats neutered?

All the cages looked very clean. All the cats looked well fed. There are several resident cats there. I think this is because there is a problem rehoming them. They have their own little "house" rather like a mini gypsy caravan on wheels. ^_^
I think the CPL like to have them neutered before they let them go. And it's normally around 6 months for male and female. Can't remember how much we paid for neutering as it's a while ago now for the others. Think it was more than £30 but less than £50! (each)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
How much post-operative care do boy kittens need?

How much post-operative care do boy kittens need?
None. You'll not get the chance. You think you need to keep 'em in and coddle them, but no, they want to go outside and get on with life. They do a fair bit of washing after, but that's normal. They're probably wondering where everything went :blush:
(they can be a bit dopey still when they first get home, from the anaesthetic, but it seems to wear off quickly)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
None. You'll not get the chance. You think you need to keep 'em in and coddle them, but no, they want to go outside and get on with life. They do a fair bit of washing after, but that's normal. They're probably wondering where everything went :blush:

Yes, keeping him indoors for some time to get used to a new house would be tricky. Any additional recovery time, would have added to that.

classic33

Leg End Member
allergies have been really really bad. ended up getting a head cold WITH allergies this weekend. Now I am behind. but all my stuff is posted now for sale....
I really hope it sells quick. It's practically November now and getting chilly at night. don't really want to drive over the mountains in the snow.
ManFlu!!
Its spread across the pond now!
Grim Reaper.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom