Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
[qMore like pretty scary weather if it happens="avalon, post: 2731456, member: 11030"]I see you're in for some exciting weather up there on Monday.:hyper:[/quote]

Lullabelle

Banana
Our bedroom and en suite bathroom...

NT has a big old Victorian house, his parents live on the ground floor in a granny flat, and the rest has been more or less a building site for some time (it's a house that's been flats, and then not flats, and then flats etc, so some rooms are having a bit of an identity crisis), with NT living in one room, the kitchen, as a sort of bedsit. We resolved last New Year to have the bedroom and bathroom finished by the end of this year - I can't really move in until we have a bit more space.

We've partitioned off the en suite and plumbed it and I tiled the shower cubicle. Some of the bedroom was already plastered, but we've done the rest, with help from a friend. The floor boards aren't good enough to have on show, so we're boarding over them and then having carpet fitted. The carpet is bought, and being stored by Carpet Right until we've got the floor ready, the skirting in, and the walls painted. Once the carpet is fitted, then it's pretty much done in the bedroom, bar the furnishing. Then the loft bed in the kitchen can be dismantled, and it can become a proper kitchen diner/living room again. We've also got to finish off in the bathroom, which is all plastered now, just needs painting, cabinets fitting, splashbacks tiling, and basin and toilet plumbing in. I've learned a few new trades, and it seems my strengths lie in putting gloop of any sort on walls - plaster, tile adhesive, paint....

All of this complicated by the fact that it's an attic room and a gable end, in a Victorian house which has had extra beams inserted in the past, so it feels like there isn't a proper right angle in the whole room....

However, I'm loving every minute. Except sanding plaster, I hated that. But it's all steps closer to being together full time.

Should have invited Kevin around, your Grand Design sounds a lot better than some of the stuff on his programmes lately.

Lullabelle

Banana
Morning all :hello: no wonder TVC is still zzzzzzz, didn't realise he was so late. :sun::sun: here today

Washing up has been started, stuff in recycle, 1st orchid in for a drink, sitting on the sofa with my second :cuppa: of the morning, my first was whilst sitting up in bed but TVC was so spark out his has gone cold. The worrrying thing is that I could quite easily have stayed up too, great fun last night but a lot of stuff going on in my head. Sleep was the best option.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I needed the big guns for today so the perky is on with nice Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee beans in it! Bedrooms, tidied, dusted & hoovered, beds stripped, bathroom all clean and sparkly and smelling fresh (for 5 minutes) now for a large mug of
coffee-machine.gif
before I attack the stairs and dig out the porch that currently has coats, muddy boots and a heap of "stuff wot Squidge did make this 1/2 term at school" in it and make that smell less of feet

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
My friend and I have just had a good sunbathing chat about what we want to do when we retire as we will both be lucky enough to retire early. She can retire in 3 years and wants her husband to set her up in business in a restaurant( lucky her with a rich husband). I told her I either wanted to pack up my panniers and ride off into the sunset or have a cafe with a bike shop attached.

She looked down her nose and said I have never had any aspirations :laugh:

avalon

Guru
My friend and I have just had a good sunbathing chat about what we want to do when we retire as we will both be lucky enough to retire early. She can retire in 3 years and wants her husband to set her up in business in a restaurant( lucky her with a rich husband). I told her I either wanted to pack up my panniers and ride off into the sunset or have a cafe with a bike shop attached.

She looked down her nose and said I have never had any aspirations :laugh:
:laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom