Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@potsy

smiley-hug002.gif

That is very sad news.

I think that Tasha is missing having another cat around. Next Wednesday I might start looking for a new brother or sister for her. Leo died at the beginning of August, and it seems like the right time to think about a cat choosing me.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I can't think of anything better than packing up one's panniers and going off to explore. That's my plan for the future.

The Aussies call them grey nomads....they sell their houses, buy a big camper van and drive round Australia, wintering in the north and spending summer in the south.

Mrs R will retire in 5 years time and she is already planning to fix up some locum GP sessions in the outback communities and intersperse that with touring (in a camper van), cycling and diving. I'm happy to be chauffeur.
That sounds blissful. I loved my camper van , just not the slithering passenger. It's such a vast country and so very different all over. I was gobsmacked by the size of some of the Kangeroos. I'm 5ft 4 and I fed one in a wildlife park that was easily 5ft 9. Scary:eek:

potsy

Rambler
@potsy

View attachment 31460

That is very sad news.

I think that Tasha is missing having another cat around. Next Wednesday I might start looking for a new brother or sister for her. Leo died at the beginning of August, and it seems like the right time to think about a cat choosing me.
:hugs:

How old is Tasha?

I know Puma is quite happy without the boys, she gets all the attention and fussing now, she's also getting on a bit (no offence rocky) and doubt she'd like a new cat muscling in.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Tasha is about six or seven years old. Young enough, I think, to adapt to another cat in the house. Leo would have been about eleven, when Tasha moved in. I think she liked having a big brother to follow around.

Tasha, Leo and Benjy (from three doors up) used to play cat chess on the patio. One would sit on the wall, one on the table or chairs, and one would sit on the patio slabs. When one moved, the others had to move. :huh: Benjy is still around, but I do not think that cat chess can be played by just two cats. :unsure:

potsy

Rambler
Tasha is about six or seven years old. Young enough, I think, to adapt to another cat in the house. Leo would have been about eleven, when Tasha moved in. I think she liked having a big brother to follow around.

Tasha, Leo and Benjy (from three doors up) used to play cat chess on the patio. One would sit on the wall, one on the table or chairs, and one would sit on the patio slabs. When one moved, the others had to move. :huh: Benjy is still around, but I do not think that cat chess can be played by just two cats. :unsure:
I'm sure she'll be fine, I wonder if she'd be better with a kitten?

Puma is around 17 now, proper old :tongue:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I'm sure she'll be fine, I wonder if she'd be better with a kitten?

Puma is around 17 now, proper old :tongue:

I do not intend to ask Tasha if she would like a kitten. I know I would not like an energetic/fast asleep kitten. Any cat from about a year old would be okay with me, male or female.

At 17, as you say, Puma may be too old to accept a younger cat.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, there is a Cats Protection League cattery about eight miles from here. It is where I found was found by Leo, and by Tasha. The cats live in fairly large cages, in twos if there is another cat they get on with.

There are some strays, but also some cats that the CPL will know some of the cat's history, and/or whether they like other cats. I would definitely prefer one that likes to go outdoors, as there is the garden and a ginormous field at the end of the garden to be explored by felines.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Had a lovely 60 mile bike ride, it was very windy on the way over Askwith Moor but obviously that doesn't bother a super slim racing snake like me, I just cut through the air like a knife through butter :training:.

I put on my summer Base Layer and LS Jersey and Shorts and I was boiling, I could probably of got away with SS Jersey and Arm Warmers.

Stopped off at my fav cafe for some nosh, all in all a great ride and no sign of rain.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Had a lovely 60 mile bike ride, it was very windy on the way over Askwith Moor but obviously that doesn't bother a super slim racing snake like me, I just cut through the air like a knife through butter :training:.

I put on my summer Base Layer and LS Jersey and Shorts and I was boiling, I could probably of got away with SS Jersey and Arm Warmers.

Stopped off at my fav cafe for some nosh, all in all a great ride and no sign of rain.
They make them tough uoop North don't they:tongue:

Actually I think half of Yorkshire is here in Tunisia, its the only accent you can hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom