Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
I design to tight budgets HW... only once had a lovely family to design for, who's son had cerebral palsy as a result of a hospital accident.... so they had been awarded compensation- they wanted built a house looking south over the Tyne Valley all on one level with open views for him to look at and a sensory room and special aids and hoists to every room. The planners were difficult but we got there principally because it had to be kept below a set height and had to look like a farm building from across the valley [three miles away]... they were fantastic and their dad built it... I don't work for rich spoilt arrogant clients... they get vetoed at the first meeting! The farmer who owned the field built a 2m high timber fence on his boundary to stop them having a view [ you can see the top of it] so we propped the house up on stilts to see over the fence, which gave them a basement for their parents to convert to a 'granny flat' one day, so he did us all a favour.... then he planted a conifer hedge to grow but the planners are onto it! The stone, the walls, the windows and the paving were things they wanted but we put recycled water, PV, solar hot water, heat recovery and a special modular boiler in it so the energy used is controlled and as efficient as we could make it.... it was their dream, not mine!

View attachment 31363 View attachment 31364 View attachment 31365 View attachment 31366

Some people have the most amazing creativity and flair.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm just wondering if I'll get wet tomorrow, this week has been every sort of weather under the sun, so to speak. At least tomorrow I should be able to slope off a little bit early to get to Manchester.

And then this weekend, we'll be painting!

potsy

Rambler
I'm just wondering if I'll get wet tomorrow, this week has been every sort of weather under the sun, so to speak. At least tomorrow I should be able to slope off a little bit early to get to Manchester.
I'd bring a very large brolley if the forcast I've just seen is true :ohmy: :rain::rain:

Mattonsea

Über Member
Tea is needed . Middle child has been in hospital with urinary infection caused by kidney stone. All ok now:thumbsup: For the record I like EARTH MOTHERS. I joined recently and thought everybody's view was valid . Just because some one has been here since the beginning does not mean they have the right to insult them. Just because some one does not ride a road bike does not make them less voice here . I get a bigger kick seeing the varied use of bikes than the glut of roadies .

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
@User13710 Newt... nobody should have to qualify or justify anything they write on here.... it is opinion... everybody has one, everybody is entitled to one, nobody's is more valid than anyone else's, even if someone genuinely believes another person is wrong. For example the threads on C&D onto which Linford posts usually lead to abuse and name calling because a number of people seem to like doing that, I don't get it and I don't enjoy it ... it confuses me why people would get anything from it, but that is their choice. Moderate people who get on, tend to gravitate to the Cafe because it is a happy place and everyone is welcome and pleasant.... there are enough problems in the world without people inventing them or getting abusive. This is just a cycle chat forum- we are all adults- if Shaun gets his just desserts he will make money from it- he deserves to but he's a balanced and likeable lad and is aware of where his bread gets buttered. No one is here to score points off others. People may have misinterpreted things and deliberately riled others up to distraction on here or elsewhere but best put that aside and forgive and forget... People who are pleasant and tolerant only get riled by direct and unnecessary bullying, and that is what has happened to the 'earth mothers' you appear to write off but when riled they may hold grudges* so don't expect immediate forgiveness! ....[* well I do! :laugh:]

If I have missed any part of the lead-up to this I apologise but I don't like to see divisiveness on CC... hug!!

Better.

Last edited:

Mattonsea

Über Member
Tea is needed . Middle child has been in hospital with urinary infection caused by kidney stone. All ok now:thumbsup: For the record I like EARTH MOTHERS. I joined recently and thought everybody's view was valid . Just because some one has been here since the beginning does not mean they have the right to insult them. Just because some one does not ride a road bike does not make them less voice here . I get a bigger kick seeing the varied use of bikes than the glut of roadies .
Bugger just spilt my tea on carpet:laugh:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I see you have been researching.
I was just curious.
What you won't have discovered is that I have been off the bike for a while with health-related issues which I choose not to discuss on here, and then was away on holiday.
I'm sorry you were ill. I hope you are back on the bike soon.:thumbsup:

However, I don't think it excuses the persistent rudeness.:headshake:
At least I own a few bikes, which is more than some.
This is the sort of thing I mean.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'd bring a very large brolley if the forcast I've just seen is true :ohmy: :rain::rain:

Most of our plans for the weekend involve being indoors. Except the bit where we might be volunteering at the railway!

Being indoors decorating the bedroom is fine, but I don't get so much done when it rains, because I can't resist watching the rain on the velux window.

NT has been capping a chimneypot today, after we found it was letting last weekend's heavy rain into the space where the fireplace used to be. Fortunately, the chimney in question is in the middle of the roofs of the two semis, and easy to access through a hatch - not one that requires the scaffolding up the whole side of the house!

Yorkies will be watching for the rain that falls on the eastern side of the Pennine watershed. There's quite a lot of it flowing down the Ouse already.

We collect from a number of properties near the river, and some of the residents only moved back in a few months ago after last September's flood.

TVC

Heading off in a completely different topic direction.

Some may be aware that our company is closing it's London factory and integrating their work into our Leicester plant. So, Being as I'm charge of coil winding, and a Project Manager in a previous life, the boss has decided not to task the Production manager with the move and re–layout of the relevant part of the shop floor, but instead dump it on me,. In addition to my normal planning/supervision/training role I have to shift all our equipment, organise and carry out the move of all the London winding kit up the M1, re–lay services, cranage, fume extraction and settle two Londoners into my department.

Think I might be busy

classic33

Leg End Member

And then this weekend, we'll be painting!
Not that bad for tomorrow!
York.jpg

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Heading off in a completely different topic direction.

Some may be aware that our company is closing it's London factory and integrating their work into our Leicester plant. So, Being as I'm charge of coil winding, and a Project Manager in a previous life, the boss has decided not to task the Production manager with the move and re–layout of the relevant part of the shop floor, but instead dump it on me,. In addition to my normal planning/supervision/training role I have to shift all our equipment, organise and carry out the move of all the London winding kit up the M1, re–lay services, cranage, fume extraction and settle two Londoners into my department.

Think I might be busy

I take it by the "dump" we are not amused by this?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Not that bad for tomorrow!
View attachment 31371

I might just stay dry then. Last week, I got so wet, I had a shower when I got home, to dry off!

Right, I'm taking to my bed to keep warm, I'll no doubt check in on my phone later. I'll have to use it to check twitter, this old laptop is so slow it's can't cope, and the new tweets pile up quicker than I can read the old ones....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom