Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Apparently it's a free app which I have checked and have now deleted too.

Thanks for the warning though :thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
So, all this abuse, was it actually in the Tea? thread, or are we all being told off for things elsewhere?

Well, it was glorious summer all day here, odd to have that at the same time as the Ouse is flowing well over its banks. If there's more rain forecast, it'll rise higher still!

Time to get some dinner on, I think.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
So, all this abuse, was it actually in the Tea? thread, or are we all being told off for things elsewhere?

Well, it was glorious summer all day here, odd to have that at the same time as the Ouse is flowing well over its banks. If there's more rain forecast, it'll rise higher still!

Time to get some dinner on, I think.

Oh @Arch Thank you thank you thank you my package arrived today and was a highlight amid dog poo, hurt knees, husbands being extended working away and collapsing curtain poles!

It is beautiful and the instructions are so so easy and look easy to adjust too, now all I need is for my needles to arrive and to ask Mummy to assist me ^_^ I have a little heffalump I am working on to say thank you but it is in progress and I hope he will wing his way to you next week ^_^ Thank you again you is lovely :wub:

Last edited:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Thanks to the river level, the sunken boat in the Ouse is even more sunken than normal (it caught fire and was gutted some weeks ago and hasn't been recovered yet.)

I did think to myself, a week or so ago, well, instead of getting a crane capable of hoisting it out of the river, they should wait for it to float up on a flood, and just pull it across to be over the bank when the water goes down.

NT suggested the same thing, and so did one of my workmates. I then pointed out why I'd not suggested the idea out loud, because it occurred to me in time that a sunken boat doesn't float all that well....

It's going to be quite a recovery job, it'll need a biggish crane, but the access roads to that part of the river side are quite narrow. If they use a crane on a barge, it'll have to be one that can pass under Skeldergate Bridge.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Very kind of you Arch, what we having? :hungry:

Unsurprisingly, tuna, pepper and courgette in a tomato sauce, on spaghetti.

Just one portion of the batch left, so if I'm sharing it, it'll be a bit nouvelle cuisine....

Arch

Married to Night Train
Can we have some pictures of the recovery?

I know that this means you'll have to give up the day job and your weekends to stand by the side of the river. But I would find it very interesting :laugh:

I wish I could, I'd really like to see it! If it was a day NT was here, I think we'd take sandwiches and coffee and stand on Ouse Bridge to watch it all!

I'm assuming the Press will get some pictures when it does happen, so I'll link to them if so. It's been a few weeks now, I think there's a lot of paperwork and logistics involved, and special licences and stuff. I do wonder if it's reliant on an Insurance Company signing off, in which case it could be years!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ooh, I hadn't even thought of divers! I guess they might do, they'll need to get strops or something under the remains of the hull....

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Ooh, I hadn't even thought of divers! I guess they might do, they'll need to get strops or something under the remains of the hull....

They could float it sort of with those inflatable big bags things, but I think that needs divers and all sorts of technical stuff I have watched boats being re-floated on the river with this method. Sometimes sunken boats do float but mainly only if they have sunk due to bad weather filling them up with water and not because of damage. My boat 'Oorin a little clinker built rowing boat was a victim of such things once in a storm, the second time she was not so lucky :sad: and had to go to the little boat graveyard

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
They could fill the boat with air bags, inflate them and raise the boat.

Puddles got in before me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom