Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Tudor costume aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaegh!

That is all :cuppa: puh-lease

The vile chinese e-bay import is shedding burgandy foof everywhere!

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, that's the shop yes, we're after a T-mobile contract.

The staff were doing their best, to be fair, but it seems the first referral was passed to the wrong department, and then they took all afternoon to do nothing!

We said, if it's because his business account is quite new, then we'll change to the personal, but no, once it's going through the system, you can't change it...
Thats not quite true.
Cancel the first, because they are unable to keep their side & open a new account.
I'd to open a second account, when the origional was blocked by them. New account opened because they had to have to provide the service.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Thats not quite true.
Cancel the first, because they are unable to keep their side & open a new account.
I'd to open a second account, when the origional was blocked by them. New account opened because they had to have to provide the service.

It's not that they've blocked the account, they just hadn't cleared the banking details to open it. The girl in the shop said there was a fair chance that if we simply went elsewhere to get the same T-Mobile deal (like Phones4U), it would flag up as still pending and we'd be no better off.

She may have been lying, but at that stage (5.15pm, having actually started the sale just after midday, and been away and back three times) we were willing to bet she was right.

Still, at least that branch were trying to help. The other branch, when NT went in and said "I'm with Orange and thinking of quitting, what deal can you do", the boychild with groovy hair said "Nothing, you'll have to ring them up", making a phone sign with one hand in case we were too old to understand words, and virtually ushered us out of the shop!

Annoyingly, the deal he wants is a good one, so we're likely to stay with T-mobile. We're more likely to go elsewhere than their shop to buy a new phone though.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
It's not that they've blocked the account, they just hadn't cleared the banking details to open it. The girl in the shop said there was a fair chance that if we simply went elsewhere to get the same T-Mobile deal (like Phones4U), it would flag up as still pending and we'd be no better off.

She may have been lying, but at that stage (5.15pm, having actually started the sale just after midday, and been away and back three times) we were willing to bet she was right.

Still, at least that branch were trying to help. The other branch, when NT went in and said "I'm with Orange and thinking of quitting, what deal can you do", the boychild with groovy hair said "Nothing, you'll have to ring them up", making a phone sign with one hand in case we were too old to understand words, and virtually ushered us out of the shop!

Annoyingly, the deal he wants is a good one, so we're likely to stay with T-mobile. We're more likely to go elsewhere than their shop to buy a new phone though.

What phone are you going to get ?

Arch

Married to Night Train
What phone are you going to get ?

Dunno. NT has been thinking about a Nokia, but is partly constrained by budget so we've done a lot of weighing up what phone comes with a contract, or whether to buy one sim free or what. we found the 620 (I think) at Phones4U and the guy said he'd do it with the Tmobile deal and knock £20 off, making it affordable. We'd have gone for that there and then, but the girl at EE said they'd promised to ring her back, so we went back to check, and when they hadn't, and we might still have been scuppered over the banking check, we lost the will to live.

He doesn't want Apple, and his current phone, which is now refusing to talk to his laptop and has had various other issues is a Sony Experia, so he's not keen on that.

One thing he wants to do is tether his phone to his laptop, to use it for internet when he's here away from his home Wireless. His current phone on Orange won't work hat way. When we went into Phones4U, the chap in there said that only Tmobile and 3 support tethering - something NT certainly wasn't told when he got the Orange contract. It's possible that all phone shop staff are lying bastards.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Dunno. NT has been thinking about a Nokia, but is partly constrained by budget so we've done a lot of weighing up what phone comes with a contract, or whether to buy one sim free or what. we found the 620 (I think) at Phones4U and the guy said he'd do it with the Tmobile deal and knock £20 off, making it affordable. We'd have gone for that there and then, but the girl at EE said they'd promised to ring her back, so we went back to check, and when they hadn't, and we might still have been scuppered over the banking check, we lost the will to live.

He doesn't want Apple, and his current phone, which is now refusing to talk to his laptop and has had various other issues is a Sony Experia, so he's not keen on that.

One thing he wants to do is tether his phone to his laptop, to use it for internet when he's here away from his home Wireless. His current phone on Orange won't work hat way. When we went into Phones4U, the chap in there said that only Tmobile and 3 support tethering - something NT certainly wasn't told when he got the Orange contract. It's possible that all phone shop staff are lying b******s.

Tethering is a tricky subject, I have T-Mobile Full Monty I got it before they started restricting what you can do so I got it with 2000 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data and with tethering, if you get that deal now tethering is extra and EE data packages in general dont seem to be very good.

If I was looking for a phone right now I would be having a look at the Nexus 5 that is due out any day now it is rumoured to have a spec similar to the Galaxy S4 but at about half the price and because it is a google phone it doesnt have any of the crapware installed, also a really good deal at the moment seems to be the Nexus 4 if you can find anyone with any as the price on the sim free had dropped like a stone with the new on due out any day now and of course with an android phone setting up a wifi hotspot for the laptop is dead easy as long as the package you choose has tethering.

I wouldnt touch a Nokia/Windows phone with a bargepole.

classic33

Leg End Member

Thats part of a major problem they've had since thet were re-launched as ee, last September. Those in the shops know little more than the people they'll be passing you onto. And they'll be speaking to the same people you'll be speaking to.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
:blush: I never knew mobile telephonic devices could get so complicated. :wacko:
Me either, Pay You Go for me, I top up about £10 a year. When my ancient phone finally gave up the ghost after 7 years I had to get a new one......

"Hello Tesco Supermarket, what is the cheapest non-contract mobile what does telephone calls and texts and nothing else thank you ever so much"
"oh that would be £9.99"
"can I use these voucher things?"
"Yes you can, that will be 4.99 then madam...."
fankoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom