Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Well its been a funny old day when I started out I was all is it a LS Jersey or a SS Jersey day :scratch:so I went for a LS Jersey which gave me chance to try out the LS Altura Team Jersey I bought the other day. By the time I got to Ripon I was thinking I should have gone for the SS Jersey option but as I was going up into them there hills when I got there I was glad I was dressed as I was, it was a bit windy. The jersey performed great it is very very wind resistant so I was nice and warm.

Ended up doing 100.54 miles and 4,244 ft of climbing.

I have been progressing with trying different climbing techniques, when I went up Lofthouse (a big hill) this time I was hardly out of breath and even when I was I recovered much quicker on the in between bits. Usually when I go up there my lungs and heart try to escape out of my chest so that is a definite improvement

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Well its been a funny old day when I started out I was all is it a LS Jersey or a SS Jersey day :scratch:so I went for a LS Jersey which gave me chance to try out the LS Altura Team Jersey I bought the other day. By the time I got to Ripon I was thinking I should have gone for the SS Jersey option but as I was going up into them there hills when I got there I was glad I was dressed as I was, it was a bit windy. The jersey performed great it is very very wind resistant so I was nice and warm.

Ended up doing 100.54 miles and 4,244 ft of climbing.

I have been progressing with trying different climbing techniques, when I went up Lofthouse (a big hill) this time I was hardly out of breath and even when I was I recovered much quicker on the in between bits. Usually when I go up there my lungs and heart try to escape out of my chest so that is a definite improvement

Is that after taking tips from that book or just better fitness due to the amount of cycling you have been doing ?

TVC

Have you booked yournext to exotic dive trip yet TVC ?
Not yet, our main holiday next year will either be walking round Lake Lucerne, or walking in Iceland. I might try to squeeze a diving outing somewhere in the Med later in the year. Otherwise diving will be confined to Plymouth and a quarry just outside Leicester

phil_hg_uk

Is that after taking tips from that book or just better fitness due to the amount of cycling you have been doing ?

Well I am not sure I have been experimenting with my diet as well over the past week and I don't seem to need al much food as I did a few weeks ago to go a long way.

Today I have

Porridge with a sliced Banananananananananana on it for breakfast
1 x Bananananananana
1 x Apple
Boost Bar - on the ride
Scrambled Egg and Bacon on Toast and a Pot of Tea - Lunch
Toffee Crisp - on the ride

Quarter of a bag of Haribo
1 Bottle of Lucozade
3 Bottles of water with SIS Zero Tab x 2 in each

Which I don't think is that much for a 100 mile ride, usually I would have had another food stop and also a cake on my lunch stop.

phil_hg_uk

Crikey, i don't normally have breakfast and just take lots of fluids but then i only go up to 70 miles at the mo and i have just started to appreciate stopping for tea and cake :biggrin: it will be a continuing theme.

:headshake:you should have breakfast sets you up for the day :thumbsup:

phil_hg_uk

Changing the subject completely but there is a good thread going elsewhere regarding 80s music. How do i upload a You Tube video onto here ?

Like this
beavisnbutthead.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom