Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And people say this is a friendly welcoming place and not remotely a clique. How would you know whether I had brought cake or not, since this is just words typed on the internet and, you know, not real life.

Oops - :whistle:;)
"Some threads are a bit borderline (such as 'Tea?', which is at least a sort of conversation). I don't much like them, but lots of people do."
I guess you don't like it, cos you don't get it. Just sayin'.

Arch

Married to Night Train
The ickle hands might be the tricky bit. :unsure:

Fiddly yes. There might be an easier way to knit them than the pattern. If they are sewn on, they could be flat single layer pieces, not double layered.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Well, I still don't know what the fuss is actually about, so I'll ignore it. Storm in a teacup or something.

Puddles:

If you can follow a pattern, you should be able to do it, It looks a bit more complicated than the other ones, what with having buttons. And the arms seem to be circular knitting, where I'd probably just knit a rectangle and fold it and sew it into a tube. And I'd probably not use ties, but devise something that could be slipped on and off like a teacosy.

Are you a beginning knitter wanting to have a go?

Or would you like me to have a go for you?:smile:

I cannot follow a pattern at All Arch, I can sort of crochet (granny squares and it takes me an age to start the chain) my Mummy can knit and has needles and the like but has not knitted for a long time as it hurts her hands now, so yes I would be an absolute beginner knitter wanting to have a go but if anyone is volunteering I would be very pleased I have lots of wool although I am not sure what ply it is :wacko:

I thought they were rather different @hopless500

As for other Tea? related things cake is withdrawn for now and biscuits as I was always told

Trolls-3.gif

It tends to be awfy twee and patronising as well, Rockymountain, but each to their own. I haven't been arguing, just expressing an opinion - as you are.
If it is so awfy twee and patronising, you could always go and find some nice argumentative souls elsewhere who enjoy being patronised by people who don't think they are being patronising. :thumbsup:

I cannot follow a pattern at All Arch, I can sort of crochet (granny squares and it takes me an age to start the chain) my Mummy can knit and has needles and the like but has not knitted for a long time as it hurts her hands now, so yes I would be an absolute beginner knitter wanting to have a go but if anyone is volunteering I would be very pleased I have lots of wool although I am not sure what ply it is :wacko:

I thought they were rather different @hopless500

As for other Tea? related things cake is withdrawn for now and biscuits as I was always told

Trolls-3.gif
Yep. Not seen anything like those before. They can't be too hard to make I don't think. I might even have a go when I get some free time. Trouble is all the free time is taken up getting out on the bike. Got the old Wymondham 100 in 18 days time so have to cycle cycle cycle :bicycle:

Puddles

Yep. Not seen anything like those before. They can't be too hard to make I don't think. I might even have a go when I get some free time. Trouble is all the free time is taken up getting out on the bike. Got the old Wymondham 100 in 18 days time so have to cycle cycle cycle :bicycle:

Oooh good luck with that yes cycle cycle cycle and stockpile jelly babies for the event!

Arch

Married to Night Train

As a complete beginner, wanting to have a go, I'd say that pattern in quite complex, but an effective cosy could be made more easily.

Here's an idea. I'll have a go at one, make it as simple as I can, and then let you have it and the pattern. I would think it could be done purely in rib and stocking stitch, and mostly just rectangles to sew up together.

The best way to learn to knit is sometimes to have someone (your Mum?) show you, as it's a three dimensional thing, and sometimes pictures aren't enough. That said, sometimes pictures are better, because they are static, whereas an accomplished knitter can find it hard to slow and break down the action enough.

Are your mugs a normal sort of size and shape? I'll use one of mine as a model.

Can't promise how soon I'll get it done, but I'll give it a go. I haven't knitted for ages, but really ought to do some more.

Oooh good luck with that yes cycle cycle cycle and stockpile jelly babies for the event!
Not keen on jelly babies. My secret weapon is chunks of jelly and chunks of dried nanas (the ones that are all squidgy and look a little like dog poo). They seem to do the trick. Along with the odd burger/doughnut/sandwich/whatever is availble to eat, thrown in :mrpig:
Unfortunately I need to graze on the go. OH can go all day on nowt. Git :tongue:

Puddles

As a complete beginner, wanting to have a go, I'd say that pattern in quite complex, but an effective cosy could be made more easily.

Here's an idea. I'll have a go at one, make it as simple as I can, and then let you have it and the pattern. I would think it could be done purely in rib and stocking stitch, and mostly just rectangles to sew up together.

The best way to learn to knit is sometimes to have someone (your Mum?) show you, as it's a three dimensional thing, and sometimes pictures aren't enough. That said, sometimes pictures are better, because they are static, whereas an accomplished knitter can find it hard to slow and break down the action enough.

Are your mugs a normal sort of size and shape? I'll use one of mine as a model.

Can't promise how soon I'll get it done, but I'll give it a go. I haven't knitted for ages, but really ought to do some more.

Yes please and Thank you
1sm374flowers2.gif

Yes my mugs are normal size and yes with a pattern I can get Mum to show me how ^_^ Thank you thank you

Puddles

Not keen on jelly babies. My secret weapon is chunks of jelly and chunks of dried nanas (the ones that are all squidgy and look a little like dog poo). They seem to do the trick. Along with the odd burger/doughnut/sandwich/whatever is availble to eat, thrown in :mrpig:
Unfortunately I need to graze on the go. OH can go all day on nowt. Git :tongue:

Oh you have strange dried nana, we have dried nana's but they are more like thick crisps not at all squidgey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom